Sample Pages from the PES6 Guide by Piggyback

Hi,

I'm James Price, author of Pro Evolution Soccer 6: The Expert Guide. If anyone has any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them.

Cheers,

James

Nice!

This will make for good toilet time reading!

Also the DVD sounds great, can't wait to see it!

James_Piggyback said:
Hi,

I'm James Price, author of Pro Evolution Soccer 6: The Expert Guide. If anyone has any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them.

Cheers,

James
Hello mate,

How long does the DVD go on for?

Last edited:
Stringer Bell said:
How long does the DVD go on for?

It's just over 90 minutes in total. Trust me: there's *plenty* to see. The mastermind behind the DVD (and other moments of similar genius within the guide itself) is KAiWAi, winner of the Goal of the Summer competition.

If you haven't already, you can see his winning goal here: http://www.gameklip.com/v/903.

James_Piggyback said:
It's just over 90 minutes in total. Trust me: there's *plenty* to see. The mastermind behind the DVD (and other moments of similar genius within the guide itself) is KAiWAi, winner of the Goal of the Summer competition.

If you haven't already, you can see his winning goal here: http://www.gameklip.com/v/903.
Wow! 90 minutes!

I was thought this DVD will be about 10-15 minutes, but 90 minutes...i'm guessing a lot of sleepless nights for KAiWAi!

BTW James, i've seen that clip, brilliant goal!

James_Piggyback said:
Hi,

Cheers,

James

James, just a quick shout out. You guys are doing a great job. I bought (and recommended to several others) the first edition and will be purchasing the PES 6 guide.

DVD is a welcomed edition.

I'm assuming Piggyback realized enough sales of the first edition to continue the project. In your view, is there support within the company to continue these guides long-term? As best you can tell, will you be publishing guides for next-gen PES/WE titles in the future?

James_Piggyback said:
Hi,

Cheers,

James
When is the guide gonna be available for purchase, James?

And I don't suppose anybody in North America will carry it will they? I guess I have to order it online from 'amazon.uk' or some site again.

and what's this DVD stuff about? Is it related to the guide?

Siroco said:
James, just a quick shout out. You guys are doing a great job. I bought (and recommended to several others) the first edition and will be purchasing the PES 6 guide.

DVD is a welcomed edition.

I'm assuming Piggyback realized enough sales of the first edition to continue the project. In your view, is there support within the company to continue these guides long-term? As best you can tell, will you be publishing guides for next-gen PES/WE titles in the future?

Thanks! This year's guide is much, much better.

Yep, the PES5 book did really well. We're extremely proud of what we've done with the PES6 guide, and I can see no reason why we won't create new PES guides in the future.

I bought the previous version, altough i found something i didn't know i found most of the explanation didn't tell me anything new.
The only inputs i got from it where:
You can't add curve after a shoot (what a shame).
the percentage every single skill is affected by stamina loss.
The meaning of mentality.
The fact that some skills are just for cpu controlled players.

For the new Pes6, i would like to know, for example, what's the right time to press buttons when you head a ball. This seems to be different from Pes5; i expect the right time is exactly the time needed to jump and then chest, instead, i see that if you just hold the button as soon as you can, he always head at the right time, this is very silly. I see many people, that when the ball is in the air they hit the button repetitevely, like it was used to do in old Fifa, and they have more chances than hitting just one time at the right time.
Konami said in the past that if you hit the button too early, you'll get a foul, it doesn't seems true in the Pes6 unfortunately... is it?

James_Piggyback,
thanks for releasing these guides. i purchased the book for PES5, last year, and will definitely be getting this next one. i have to agree with modena, but i bought it purely as a collector. the addition of the dvd :thumbs up: increases the value, and appeal as a collectibility.

Back
Top Bottom