Score from Corner Kicks Using R2 to Reposition Player and Square to Vollley Possible?

Golden Go@l

League 1
19 February 2005
Is it possible to score from corner kicks using R2 to reposition player and then kick it into goal in WE10? I've tried it in training and every time that I move back using :r2: and then press :square: to shoot my player attempts to head the ball, even if he is several feet away. He ends up completely missing the ball with his head, when striking with his foot would have been appropriate. Do I need to get the timing right, or is there something different in WE10 compared to WE9, WE8LE. Thanks.:)

Last edited:
Re: Scoring From Corner Kicks Using R2 and Kicking, Rather Than Heading Balll

Initially I thought you meant using R2 for a more floated cross to the edge of the box. If timed right it can be met by a volley from your leftback. Only scored one so far with Serginho, but its probably my favourite goal, ever.

I've not done waht you said with corners, but with normal crosses into the box, I just use R2 if i want to volley it. It has awlays worked.

It is possable because i scored one with Mark Van Bommel yesterday

Dino took the corner and i aimed towards the halfway line and pressed up and 0 so it went over fast and at a perfect hight. I didnt reposition him or anything he just ran up to it and smashed the volley into the top corner from 30 yards :)

I wish i had saved it now to show u

Re: Score from Corner Kicks Using R2 to Reposition Player and Square to Vollley Possi

Maybe it's only possible if you pass the ball outside the box. Whenever I kick it inside the box, no matter the position of my player, the header animation occurs. I haven't practiced alot, so it may be timing.:)

Thanks for idea Coopz, I'll try passing some CK's from now on to outside of box hoping somebody can chest it and volley it first time or something else spectacular. I gotta admit this isn't something I do too often and it's best if I integrate it into my playing style a bit more than just always chipping the ball in the box.

Re: Score from Corner Kicks Using R2 to Reposition Player and Square to Vollley Possi

Mh, I found it easier to just pass the ball on the ground with enough speed to make it bounce up into the air once reaching your player in the penalty area (his back facing the goal) and then pressing square to make him do an overhead kick at the goal. Haven't scored from that yet, but it looks absolutely awesome.

Luckz said:
Mh, I found it easier to just pass the ball on the ground with enough speed to make it bounce up into the air once reaching your player in the penalty area (his back facing the goal) and then pressing square to make him do an overhead kick at the goal. Haven't scored from that yet, but it looks absolutely awesome.

How in the world can you pass the ball with enough speed to make it bounce up into the air????

I am puzzled as to what you mean, please explain... :-(

jflores said:
How in the world can you pass the ball with enough speed to make it bounce up into the air????

I am puzzled as to what you mean, please explain... :-(

I think he may mean that the ball is kicked with so much pace that once it hits the player it rolls up his leg. Still don't know how this is possible from a corner kick, though, since the :x: pass is fairly slow. I know its possible from a free kick if you pass using :circle: and pressing down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom