Scottish Cup Upsets

What is the greatest giant killing?

• Rangers 0 - 1 Hamilton 31 January, 1987

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stenhousemuir 2 - 0 Aberdeen 18 February, 1985

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In terms of Celtic, then yesterday for me was worse than ICT, as Celtic where in disarray back then with so many problems, still a shocker but not as bad as yesterday. Actually I would say that is the least of the shockers that is on that list, I'd say the 1-0 is worse but not that much as we had a second string starting team out that day which proved to be a boo-boo.

As for overall, I'd personally say Berwick against Rangers, not been biased, but Berwick where in Div. 2 and Rangers made a European Final that year, so would say that get's it for me.

FD

Last edited:
I understand what your saying with Berwick tho that was a bad one. The reason I picked the game yesterday over the IC game was as you say, a team in disarray. Im picking the one yesterday as tbh it could or should have been by a bigger margin.

Im not one who knows much about the SPL, but I watched the Celtic game, and I think its pretty bad because of the attention the game got, because of Keane.

Yep, I can't argue too much, personally I think the Berwick game is a worse shock based on the strengths of both teams at the time and their leagues apart, maybe even the Hamilton Accies, although I'm not sure if that was right into the Rangers domination at that period and I'm sure they where a Premier League team at the bottom at the time, although granted Rangers had spent a shitload of money at the time with the players coming from England, wasn't Woods record run finally ended by Adrian Sprott?

However, I have no qualms if anyone wanted to mention this in the same breath. I'm not saying I'm glad we got beat, but I'm glad that our full backs have had a huge part to play in this catastrophic scoreline as hopefully this will make GS stop and wonder about his team selections, the outcry with his constant playing of Telfer can't be ignored now as it's the majority of fans who are baying for him now to be dropped.

FD

Back
Top Bottom