Screen corruption when selecting 4x antialiasing!

Morientes

Conference
30 October 2006
Since I have alot of tearing, I try to select some options in the Nvidia config that makes it a little better. v-sync only makes my game stutter, so to decrease the framerate I try to enable as much as possible. My problem is that when I enable 4x antialiasing - there is no problem in the game (I mean still some tearing but no graphical problems) but when I quit the game, my windows desktop is completely garbeled and I have to restart! This does not happen at 2x antialiasing, so I find it very strange! Even if I tab out of the game the screen is garbled, but if I tab back into the game it is fine!

I have a geforce 7900gto and use drivers 93.71.

Any ideas?

With my 7800GT I have no problems running the game with v-sync on and with 8x AA. I use nHancer for profiling games.
I use the 84.21 drivers, newer drivers just don't work for me.
PES is on max. settings (1280x1024, detail highest)

Unfortunately Antialiasing doesn't work with any PES game on the PC cos of the the port from PS2. ( Sucks I know!) The only way to stop polygon tear is enabling V-snync in 3D hardware options.

Unfortunately Antialiasing doesn't work with any PES game on the PC cos of the the port from PS2. ( Sucks I know!) The only way to stop polygon tear is enabling V-snync in 3D hardware options.

it DOES work. I can see the difference when I set mine. I also know because the Nets go a bit strange as they obviously can't deal with filtering techniques. But the players and the pitches are alot sharper, with hardly any jagged lines.

The strange thing is that it works when I only have 2x antialiasing....

Unfortunetly v-sync makes the game quite laggy. Any ideas what can be done to prevent that?

Seeing that you have quite a good graphics card, I'll think your pc is also 'up to date'. But to be sure, can you give us the specs of your pc (Motherboard, CPU, Memory etc.)
Maybe it's some other component that limmits your joy.

No, my specs are definetly quite good. 2gb ddr2 ram, geforce 7900gto, core 2 duo 6600, asus p5n32-premium motherboard. I now use 8x antialiasing and it I can live with the way it is, but I sure would prefer it to have no tearing at all...

But as I said, when selecting v-sync it start going very slow.

Back
Top Bottom