Second Divisions around Europe 05/06

OPM

2 June 2003
we had this thread last season to check out which teams are gonna be promoted from all the 2nd divisions of the top leagues around europe, hope we can do it again.

i'll start with 2.bundesliga:

1 Alem. Aachen 25 45:25 20 49
2 VfL Bochum 25 39:19 20 49
3 Energie Cottbus 25 38:27 11 41
4 Greuther Fürth 25 39:32 7 41
5 SC Freiburg 25 32:26 6 41
6 Karlsruher SC 25 35:30 5 40
7 SC Paderborn 07 25 36:23 13 37
8 SpVgg Unterhaching 25 39:34 5 37

two top teams aachen (2:0 victory today against dresden) and bochum (last season relegated) should be going up, pretty sure, and all of the others behind still with chances, with the "favorite" SC Freiburg (also relegated last season from 1.) All other teams are pretty much suprises. I hope for Paderborn, they might be going straight from 3rd to 1st league. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
1 Reading 38 27 9 2 80 24 56 90
2 Sheffield Utd 38 22 9 7 64 39 25 75
3 Leeds United 37 20 10 7 53 31 22 70
4 Watford 38 19 12 7 67 43 24 69
5 Crystal Palace 37 18 9 10 56 37 19 63
6 Preston 37 14 18 5 48 26 22 60
7 Wolves 38 14 16 8 42 30 12 58
8 Cardiff City 38 15 10 13 51 45 6 55

The top two going up , then the the next four going into a play-off. So Reading are a sure thing, Sheffield Utd are still favs for second tho they are having a "wobble".

Last edited:
Nice idea and thread OPM. Will be very interesting as we take a look for all major European leagues.

Anyways I'm excited about seeing Aachen, Reading and Sheffield Utd who I would've wanted to promote to ePL couple seasons ago in top divisions of their country next season hopefully!

Bochum back in Bundesliga where they belong will also be nice! :) They are big club somewhat and lot of fans.

i agree PLF, will be nice to see some new "faces" in the leagues next season, will be exciting to see how they can keep up. :)

I would be happy if Alemannia Aachen finally will make it into 1. Bundesliga this time. They've been trying so hard and failed closely the past seasons, they really deserve it now. Similar trend to 1. FSV Mainz 05 who also needed three attempts I think to finally get promoted and now in their second season in 1. Bundesliga I rate them as a enrichment for the league.
As for VfL Bochum, I have to say I don't really like them. They're a so called elevator team, like 1. FC Köln and Eintracht Frankfurt. One season they get promoted, next relegated, promoted, ...
I would like to see SC Freiburg back though with their coach Volker Finke who is now almost 15 years there. That alone is admirable.
But please stay away with SC Paderborn, they're were heavily involved in the "bet-scandal/affair" and wouldn't be surprised if they're still. I'd rather see Karlsruher SC back, they used to be quite a strong team in the mid 90's with Thomas "Icke" Häßler. Can't forget when they've humped Valencia CF with 7:0!

Last edited:
come on, new teams are allways welcome ;)

i just want some change, aachen is a good start, karlsruhe would be okay too, unterhaching funny aswell. just some sides that guarantuee you 6 points :lol:

Dutch 2nd division "Gouden Gids divisie"

1 Excelsior 34 19 8 7 65 62 - 23
2 FC Volendam 34 17 9 8 60 51 - 35
3 VVV-Venlo 34 17 8 9 59 45 - 29
4 Helmond Sport 35 17 7 11 58 56 - 51
5 FC Emmen 35 17 6 12 57 63 - 48
6 FC Den Bosch 34 15 11 8 56 58 - 45
7 De Graafschap 35 15 10 10 55 55 - 46
8 Haarlem 35 16 7 12 55 56 - 50

So its looking good for Excelsior for direct promotion, number 2-7 go into playoff poules with 16 and 17 from the Eredivisie.

Ernestito said:
reading beat the sh** out of their opponents.really great team.they can relax for the rest of the season i think.

Yea m8 they are already in Prem , but the question is will they be lik Sunderland or Wigan and West Ham.

Yeah I expect Reading to be like Wigan, play with no fear and not afraid to attack. They've got some good players in Lita, Kitson, Convey and Doyle, it's just the case of soughting their defence out.

French Ligue 2

1 Bastia - 53pts 30games 15W 8D 7L 40gf 23ga 17+/-
2 Sedan - 53 29 14 11 4 39 24 15
3 Valenciennes - 53 30 14 11 5 39 25 14
4 Lorient - 51 30 14 9 7 35 22 13
5 Dijon - 47 30 12 11 7 35 25 10
6 Caen - 45 30 11 12 7 38 28 10
7 Créteil - 42 29 10 12 7 36 23 13
8 Le Havre - 40 29 9 13 7 36 31

It's not decided yet. There's 3 leaders and teams who are hoping bad results from the lead. I would like to see Bastia coming back in L1 but with Ajaccio doing the opposite, that's a shame for the Corse. Then, my preference goes to Sedan and Dijon, both teams were unlucky last year, finishing 4th. Valenciennes was in National last year, I think it would be too hard for them if they go to Ligue 1...:eh:

Last edited:
I'd like to see Sedan back and also to see Lorient in Ligue 1.

Bastia is an old fav too with Caen and they did cause that beautiful upset at Velodrome last season remember the 3-2 with Sebastian Mazure goal! :p so I'm sure you'll be happy to see Caen back in Ligue 1 ahahaha! ;)

caen allways have a lot of great young talents in there team, would be glad to see them up again.

Stan said:
I'm prety confident they will be like Wigan and West Ham...

really depends whether madjeski gets the checkbook out or not tbh mate, he's never really been one for flashing the cash.

he's got a nice motor though although probably didnt appreciate my mate parking in his space one monday night!

db

Spain's Segunda...

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,SunSans-Regular]1[/FONT]
pixel.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,SunSans-Regular]Recreativo[/FONT]
pixel.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,SunSans-Regular]52[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,SunSans-Regular]2[/FONT]
pixel.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,SunSans-Regular]Gimnàstic[/FONT]
pixel.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,SunSans-Regular]50[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,SunSans-Regular]3[/FONT]
pixel.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,SunSans-Regular]Lorca[/FONT]
pixel.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,SunSans-Regular]49[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,SunSans-Regular]4[/FONT]
pixel.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,SunSans-Regular]Levante[/FONT]
pixel.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,SunSans-Regular]49[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,SunSans-Regular]5[/FONT]
pixel.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,SunSans-Regular]Almería[/FONT]
pixel.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,SunSans-Regular]48[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,SunSans-Regular]6[/FONT]
pixel.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,SunSans-Regular]Xerez[/FONT]
pixel.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,SunSans-Regular]46[/FONT]

Portugal's Liga de Honra...

1. Beira-Mar52272. Desp. Aves47273. Olhanense46274. Leixões4527

PLF said:
Good to see Atalanta possibly back in Serie A next season! :)

yeah mate, cant wait to see them back in serie a.the fans are one of the best in italy.

would love to see toro in serie a, too, but i think it wont be enough for them this season.

An update on german 2.Bundesliga. :)

1 VfL Bochum 56
2 Alem. Aachen 55
3 Energie Cottbus 47

4 Karlsruhe SC 46
5 Greuther Furth 44
6 SC Freiburg 42
7 Wacker Burghausen 39

Last edited:
Bochum and Navidkia likely to come back to Bundesliga then! ;)

Although I doubt he's getting any playing time, probably usually on the bench and so maybe will be sold even if Bochum achieve promotion or maybe loaned out. I don't know his situation or followed it much really so perhaps one of you Germans can tell me.

Ernestito said:
PLF, navidkia is playing in iran at the moment.i think he is there on loan.
Is he? What team do you know? I don't follow IPL much because it's usually crap (IPL = Iranian Pro League).

He was there for first half of the season though at Bochum wasnt he?

Oh that's his old club where he showed he has lot of promise.

That kid needs to bulk up and do it soon or he'll never become anything and fulfill his potential.

he's a OMF behind the strikers? will be pretty hard for him to get into the team, i guess you saw misimovic performing on friday ernestitio, he seems like a little genius. especially the 3:1? brilliant goal.

Ernestito said:
i also want him to do well.we both have the same name :mrgreen:
Hahahah.. your name is Moharram ? So are you Turkish guy Enerstito leaving in Germany like many others?
OPM said:
he's a OMF behind the strikers? will be pretty hard for him to get into the team, i guess you saw misimovic performing on friday ernestitio, he seems like a little genius. especially the 3:1? brilliant goal.
No I haven't actually seen Misimovic more than once or twice I think.

But he's not really OMF anyway, his true position is CM. Because he's not much of a goal-scorer or guy to play behind strikers in hole but more of a creator with good vision/passing. Sadly that's the ONLY thing this kid has, so he's not good enough in my opinion. He's weak, not a lot of speed either for a guy that skinny, not good in the air, basically everything is poor or avg except the vision to throw good throughballs and that's not good enough. These days you have to be well-rounded and the fact that he can't defend will harm his chances to play in any team as well in position of CM that will require the guy to do a lot of defending or be at least capable at it.

Back
Top Bottom