selecting language not possible anymore in pes6?

mr5973

League 2
25 April 2002
Vienna, Austria
England
hi,
maybe someone can help me with this:
i bought pes6 today (you can get it here in austria already!) and the first time i started the game, it let me select the language (english, german, french etc.) and i selected german. when i realised that the german translation isn´t any good i wanted to change the language to english but the game doesn´t have the option to change to language anymore! it once was in the options menu but now there is no such option!

of course i switched off my playstation 2 and re-started the game again but the language selection screen didn´t appear anymore the second time i started the game!?

so does this mean there is no chance of changing to language once you selected it for the first time?

please help!
thanks!

You'll probably have to start again without your memory card in to get the language select back. Then once in-game create a new option file over the top of the old one.

go to system settings this gives you the option to change the languages.

No. The English version only has English. Konami are doing seperate versions this year for whatever reason.

does that mean you have to buy the english version to have the english language (or the french version to have to french language and so on...) because you can´t select the other languages any more?

or in other words: did konami only put the language on the disc which is spoken in the different countries where the sell the game?

Why do they always kill one of the best things of the previouw version: the spanish commentary

I hate it when the do that...

denirobob said:
youre kidding?!

thats crap - one of the great things about a ML or any tournament was setting the commentators depending on which country you were playing in

:(

I usually go the whole hog and have the whole game in Spanish - is this going to be a problem if I download an option file?

(You get adverts for Marca and the like, instead of FourFourTwo - essential for La Liga ML)

It's a shame Nokami have fiddled with this. I also liked selecting the language to match my ML. Yet another case of the company doing what they think needs to be done (removing features, even when there's plenty of space left on the disc) as opposed to letting the buying public decide :roll:

only way round it is to have different copies of the game.
if you can play patched games youu just need someone who has spanish version to upload there S_text and S_sound files rename them E_text and
E_sound import over the same files rebuild your iso and burn, that should work. bit of a palava i know but if you like to play with different
commentrys then this is probably the only way.

I'm sure there must be some setting you can tinker with - if it gives you the option to choose language the first time, it must store that information somewhere for future use, presumably on the option file?

You only get language selection on certain releases. The English one never gives you the option. The Austrian release would appear to have some options according to the original poster.

Either way it makes no sense. They don't gain anything by having seperate discs and it creates a lot more work to send to Sony etc. The only possible "benefit" would be inhibiting patching but I don't think it'll take long to get around that.

yo,

In Your version U can choose POlish version ??

THX

mr5973 said:
hi,
maybe someone can help me with this:
i bought pes6 today (you can get it here in austria already!) and the first time i started the game, it let me select the language (english, german, french etc.) and i selected german. when i realised that the german translation isn´t any good i wanted to change the language to english but the game doesn´t have the option to change to language anymore! it once was in the options menu but now there is no such option!

of course i switched off my playstation 2 and re-started the game again but the language selection screen didn´t appear anymore the second time i started the game!?

so does this mean there is no chance of changing to language once you selected it for the first time?

please help!
thanks!

I've got the spanish version, and it definitely doesn't have the english, french, or anything else in it (I also looked in the files, nowhere to be found). I'd rather have the spanish version to the tepid english comments.

I really REALLY hope this won't affect the download of option files. I mean, I've noticed my spanish version does NOT recognise my english option file so far.

Mahler_seele said:
I've got the spanish version, and it definitely doesn't have the english, french, or anything else in it (I also looked in the files, nowhere to be found). I'd rather have the spanish version to the tepid english comments.

I really REALLY hope this won't affect the download of option files. I mean, I've noticed my spanish version does NOT recognise my english option file so far.

It seems that this affect the option files. PesFan v1 dont work with German version of the game for example....:( :( :(

It might be worth just changing the product code of the save to match the German/Spanish/French/Italian one, see if that helps.

That's the thing now, each version has a different product code so it will only be able to access saves with its own code.

Try the PS2 Save Id Changer: http://ps2savetools.com/download.php?op=viewdownload&cid=2

Open up the PESFAN save, I'm not sure what format it's in as I can't get to the site. Find the SLES number on your game box (bottom of the spine) and change the 54203 part to match that.

Not sure if anyone's tried it or not.

elvis004 said:
yo,

In Your version U can choose POlish version ??

THX

On the Dutch PC version you can select every language that was in PES 5 plus Polish.

Mart said:
It might be worth just changing the product code of the save to match the German/Spanish/French/Italian one, see if that helps.

That's the thing now, each version has a different product code so it will only be able to access saves with its own code.

Try the PS2 Save Id Changer: http://ps2savetools.com/download.php?op=viewdownload&cid=2

Open up the PESFAN save, I'm not sure what format it's in as I can't get to the site. Find the SLES number on your game box (bottom of the spine) and change the 54203 part to match that.

Not sure if anyone's tried it or not.

Doesn't work. It's a problem lots of people have had. When you do this the Konami logo appears, but the screen freezes.

On the other hand, I am proud to announce I have created a hybrid PES6. The texts are in english, but the comments are in spanish. The only problem is that some comments are off (like when I start a match the spanish commentator says that the 2nd half is about to begin). I guess nothing is perfect, but at least now I don't have to listen to Trevor Brooking and his stupid narration of the beautiful game :)

Back
Top Bottom