Sensible Soccer Returns on PS2 and Xbox

Yes APX thats basically all it was :) great though because you could score some great curlers on it :)

DJ

Thats a great site, underdogs. Just seen actua soccer on there aswell, decent enough game with a great shooting system. It was difficult to get the hang of but when you did you could score some great henry top corner curlers. And kickoff 3 was amusing enough. Ahh the memories :D

lumlum said:
Could one of you Sensi vetrans please explain the shooting system I keep hearing about?

the entire game was controlled with the 8 directions and one button. a soft press was a pass and a hard press was a shot.

as soon as you shot, you could apply 'aftertouch' to the ball - basically, you could 'steer' it. eg, if you were running straight up the pitch, and shot, pulling back on the joypad a fraction of a second after shooting lifted the ball and pushing forward kept it on the floor - if you wanted just a normal shot, you had to let go of the joystick after shooting. and left and right, like someone already said curled it in the given direction...

ahh let the Sensi good times roll :) lets just hope they make it a worthwhile re release.

DJ

Sensible Soccer Summer
Codemasters confirms a return of everybody's favourite footballing franchise...

Posted: 11:01 on 07 Feb 2006
By: Chris Leyton

Codemasters has today confirmed a return of insane banana kicks and curlers from the edge of the box, with a summer 2006 release for Sensible Soccer on the Playstation2, Xbox and PC.

Sensi Soccer promises to stay faithful to the original, widely acclaimed as the game that put football on the videogame map (after Kick Off and Microprose Soccer at least), albeit with a new exaggerated visual style that includes fast-cutting replays that take you straight into the action of the big-headed players.

Says Jon Hare, designer and producer of the original Sensible Soccer and games design consultant on this edition:

"The all new Sensi is the perfect blend of past, present and future with all the speed, fun and playability of the original combined with all the animations, four-player fun and spiced up with a magical sprinkling of original gameplay features that have never been seen before, including a mega single-player mode, 360-degree control and video style replays featuring cel-shaded caricatures of those lovable big-headed players"

TVG will have more on the return of Sensible Soccer soon.

Hopefully it will feature a huge database/career mode.

1139313675.jpg

1139313676.jpg

1139313677.jpg

1139313678.jpg

1139313810.jpg

Images taken from here.

I am still not sure about this game, I need to see it in motion.

I think it would be stupid if the new PS2 & XBOX release of Sensible doesnt include some kind of career mode with transfers....

It would be a very empty game.

DJ

Looks like Sensi Soccer meets Jet Set Radio........... how it moves and the control system will either kill or make this game.

Oh dear!!!.... just as feared a quick money grabbing ill thought out comedy scheme that will forever destroy the brand. SWOS was and still is a great game of it's time and the management side still kicks but. But holy mother of Mary wtf is this meekon rubbish. SWOS was 10 times better than Sensi soccer so which should we revive oh yeah Sensi....Idiots!!!!!!!
What’s the excuse for not doing SWOS not enough time... errr it's been a decade surely we could wait another year or three!! too much info for the Xbox or Ps2. The only thing that I can see is the licenses for the players I presume they only had a limit on the number of years they had this from the SWOS days.
As far as I'm concerned they should all be lined up and shot...
Spineless money grabbers..... damn you all...damn you all to hell....

Its just wrong, sick and wrong. Somebody stop them now!!!

Steady on Nick :D.

I think the whole success of SWOS was because it was built on a cracking gameplay engine in the first place, Sensible Soccer. If it had been SWOS' career mode on top of World Tour Soccer's engine, for example, it'd have been pish, agreed?

So why bother about any career mode being missing, if that's even the case, until we've seen if they can re-create the Sensi gameplay magic again. They already had one go and it was horrible, so as a few folk have said already let's not get ahead of ourselves, there's every chance they'll do that again and it'll stink anyway!

Nick Cave said:
Oh dear!!!.... just as feared a quick money grabbing ill thought out comedy scheme that will forever destroy the brand.

the brand was destroyed in 1998 with the release of the PSX version...

this effort can only hope to redeem some of the tarnish that was forever lost from the memories of all those sensi lovers, circa 1992-96

ClassicD said:
Members of the press got the chance to try out the new version yesterday, Eurogamer likey.

Fingers crossed, eh? I really want to see this project succeed, hopefully it'll pave the way for it to not be just a one off.

I think your being pretty harsh, one of the original guys is on board and all hands-on interviews and previews are making the right noises.

I think it has a lot of potential, especially as a multiplayer and if the career mode is similar to swos maybe finally Seabass 'n' Co will sit up and take notice.

At the very least it will surely be better than '98 lol

Theres more info on here;

http://forum.sensiblesoccer.info/index.php?PHPSESSID=86d90f12463625a2d2ed1fe189789b3a&board=88.0

and an interview with John Hare here;

http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4529

Last edited:
Good write up! sounds as if Sensi hasnt lost the original qualities it had. Plus it said something about a career mode of some sort!

I think it could be an essential purchase for us Sensi and SWOS players :)

DJ

People were saying the same thing about Wind Waker. Just because the Graphics are cartoony doesnt mean the rest will be shit.

It might be a good game.

Back
Top Bottom