Sensible Soccer Returns on PS2 and Xbox

I would love to see it get near to how the original played, but Sensible Soccer '98 was dross, and wasn't Jon Hare was the lead guy on that team too? If not, then great, but I refuse to build my hopes up again only to have them shattered when it becomes apparent the game is a pile of piss. :)

This is great news :D I love sensi soccer and still play it to this day on my psp. By the sounds of it there gonna be doing some cool stuff :)

this is looking like "fifa meet pes" with the "very in-depth single-player mode the likes of which has never been seen before in any football game" talk and the "quick gameplay and overhead view giving 100 per cent controllability when shooting at goal (you can pick your spot exactly with loft, dip and bend) is something that young players will not have grown up with and are going to love about Sensi, again this is something that it is impossible for PES and FIFA to do with their side on cameras" i am already starting to like it.....(am i??? ye course i am....)

great news!

er, or is it? i remember thinking that back in '98 when i heard it was coming out on the ps1 - and we all know what a total disaster that was!

all those glorious memories of sensi on my amiga tarnished forever more.

we can all live in hope i suppose - the potential is there to make this game great, but will the horror that was sensi '98 kill it off forever? i hope not...

ClassicD said:
I would love to see it get near to how the original played, but Sensible Soccer '98 was dross, and wasn't Jon Hare was the lead guy on that team too? If not, then great, but I refuse to build my hopes up again only to have them shattered when it becomes apparent the game is a pile of piss. :)

here is a quote from the article from jon hare:

'The '98 version was probably the worst version ever released (particularly the PlayStation conversion, which was done out of house I might add), but luckily this seems to be largely ignored amidst all of the hype.'

if it was done out of house, does that mean he had nothing to do with it? i remember at the time, he was absolutely furious that the game was released because he said it was only about 80-85% complete, but due to deadlines and stuff, they were FORCED into releasing it as it was - and complete dross isn't doing the game justice as to how very, very bad it actually was! and if he thinks it seems to be largely ignored by people of just how bad it was, i fear he will be sorely mistaken.

sensi was great because it was simple - one button (soft or hard press) and 8 directions. i hope they don't stray too far from this with their new effort...

like cd says, if it plays as well, then that'll do for me too!

Long before PES Sensi was the game of choice for footy fans, lets hope it's nothing like the '98 version. SWOS 96/97 was awesome!

Agreed, it would absolutely have to have at least as good a career mode as SWOS, and frankly, it would have to add a fair bit more, otherwise, why not jsut go play the old SWOS?

Likewise, the on-pitch gameplay would have to be more sophisticated than the original SWOS, otherwise, why bother?

For all that PES does have a lot of frustrating "cpu decides what happens, not you" going on, it's gameplay has amazing complexity and going back to something overly simplistic like SWOS' original gamplay would not be enough to keep me interested.

I definitely think it could work provided they don't get too scared at bringing on new features to enhance and add depth to the original gameplay. I never played Sensi'98 so still have only fond memories of the series.

embraceuk1 said:
I should quickly add it would have to also be sensible world of soccer and not just sensi soccer to be any good.
I'd settle for a first version which provides great gameplay, wouldn't have to be like SWOS. Anyway, I doubt very much they'll get the license to reproduce something like that, back in those days there were no licenses.

awesome you cant beat the classics. Screen shots look great!

viewpoint looks great, which would look good in pes. its all about gameplay and the feel of contributing to the placement, curl, and loft of a shot.

cant wait till easter. people who hadnt played the original wish they had.

amiga version rules!!!

They should have left it alone, some games are better as a memory

Screen shots look great!

in what way? The players have huge heads and the ball looks to have the size of a tennisball. Hope it will be a good game, but are they deciding to go for a 'cartoon' look or something

Sensible World Of Soccer (SWOS) set to be released on Easter 2006. by CODEMASTERS

Holly shit.. just found out about this now.. game looks promising..

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61490

PS2, XBOX, PC etc..

http://www.codemasters.com/press/index.php?showarticle=7532

Renowned as the greatest multiplayer kick-about ever, Sensible Soccer will return with a modern take on its trademark zoomed out camera and truly intuitive control system, which delivers total 360-degree control over your players’ kicks and movement.

Thats whats ^

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Sensible World Of Soccer (SWOS) set to be released on Easter 2006. by CODEMASTERS

I have a feeling it will end in tears and be "a bit crap". I hope I am wrong, so we will have to wait and see.

Re: Sensible World Of Soccer (SWOS) set to be released on Easter 2006. by CODEMASTERS

sooowwwy :D

I still bang on SWOS 96/97 now and then

this thread has just rekindled my sensi flame and i have spent the last hour trying to get it running on my laptop with winuae. i got the emulator, kickstart roms and the game, and i can get it to load but i can't start the game - it just sits at the sensi menu. i tried changing the keyboard and mouse and stuff, but no joy... :(

MonkeyJug said:
this thread has just rekindled my sensi flame and i have spent the last hour trying to get it running on my laptop with winuae. i got the emulator, kickstart roms and the game, and i can get it to load but i can't start the game - it just sits at the sensi menu. i tried changing the keyboard and mouse and stuff, but no joy... :(

You probably didn`t read my thread..bellow but if you`re running XP and want tp play SWOS here`s how:

Ok, I was finally able to run and play SWOS yaay !!

I did it with VDMSound which is a well known DOS Emulator. It can be downloaded here: http://vogons.zetafleet.com/ndldownl...Sound2.1.0.exe

Once you download that put it in My Documents folder so that you can know where the main .exe file is. After you download it click on it and it will have a regular normal instalation like any other program. After the instalation is completed the VDMSound will close and you wont have any icons or anything on your DESKTOP or start bar. After that, unzip your SWOS97.zip file and extract it somewhere. You can make a desktop folder and name it SWOS. So when you extract the files chose to extract it in that SWOS folder that you created. After you finish with unzipping the file there should be a file called swos.exe. Click on it once let it finish and you`ll know when its done, you can go ahead and close it by clicking X. After that just find a folder SWS.EXE right mouse click run it with VDMSound and thats that... the game should load.

I tried with DOSBOX and its just frustrating finding the directory.

I have a full sound and I didnt even configure anything, dont know how that happened..but I`m taking some break from WE9 and just chill with SWOS.

Its so easy.. believe me.. if you don`t have the right SWOS game you can download SWOS 96/97 (the best version) at THE-UNDERDOGS website..

I've heard a lot about this game since i came in this forum, on and off people keep saying that konami could learn a few things from this game for the Master League.
So being an avid Ml player, i could buy this game...
Could someone give me a couple of reasons why i should buy it???

Thanks...

theres total soccer for pc at www.the-underdogs.org its same as SWOS but better graphics right?

isnt the shooting just you hit shoot button and then hit right to curve the ball right and left to curl the ball to the left?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom