- Ibrahimovic
- Gilardinho
- Gattuso
- Zambrota
- Zoro
- Mutu
- Lucareli
- Nedved
Oh plenty of fresh names there: Maldini!?!? Cannavarro!? There are about 3 clubs-worth of players there! :lmao:

What about:

Ronaldinho, Rooney, Ronaldo, Henry, Lampard, Owen, Gerrard, Robinho, Joe Cole, Terry, Ferdinand, Reyes, Zidane, Eto'o, Hasselbaink, V. Nistelrooy, A. Cole, Messi, Beckham, C. Ronaldo etc etc

HOUSEHOLD NAMES in all-sorts of leagues - NOT ONE SERIE A player.

ninjabreakz said:
CAN ANY OF YOU READ? Where the hell did I bring clubs into this? I am on about LEAGUES in general.

My point was: Serie A is in decline and our league is getting better every year. FACT.

relax.

I never said you brought clubs into this. I did. Just to TRY and explain what I would call a crap league.

Out of all the people replying to you I feel I was being extremely fair towards you. But I now realise thats not what you want.

Peace

ninjabreakz said:
i
Oh plenty of fresh names there: Maldini!?!? Cannavarro!? There are about 3 clubs-worth of players there! :lmao:

What about:

Ronaldinho, Rooney, Ronaldo, Henry, Lampard, Owen, Gerrard, Robinho, Joe Cole, Terry, Ferdinand, Reyes, Zidane, Eto'o, Hasselbaink, V. Nistelrooy, A. Cole, Messi, Beckham, C. Ronaldo etc etc

HOUSEHOLD NAMES in all-sorts of leagues - NOT ONE SERIE A player.

Haha, you need two leagues to get to 20 players.

ninjabreakz said:

Few errors, try again

Says who that theyre household names? Kaka, Adriano, Toni, Shevchenko, Totti etc.... Hasselbank? Joe Cole? half the world wont even know where they play. Maybe only in the UK.

Maldini's name is just as big as Ronaldinho's. Everyone knows the elites of football.

Last edited:
What kind of way to rate a league is that anyway? How many people know big names in a league, should consitute the league's strength? So Beckham is the best footballplayer out there, because he is so well known among 12year old girls?

Serie A fanboys who cannot handle the fact that England has the BEST league in the world! :lol:

Don Domenico said:
What kind of way to rate a league is that anyway? How many people know big names in a league, should consitute the league's strength? So Beckham is the best footballplayer out there, because he is so well known among 12year old girls?

:applause:

I am drunk and taking the piss outta you geeks. You need girlfriends boys, you really do.

How many seasons has Maldini got left anyway?

That was my point, ThomasGOAL. I loved Serie A back in the 90s (I am bored of typing this now) but it has become an unentertaining and boring league now. I still LOVE La Liga, and have realised that the EPL is really something else.

Is it an excuse to back down? Your accusation is another contradiction... you accuse us of wasting time defending the league we support, while you take time to respond and call us geeks. :)

Maldini - 1-2 years left:)

only one way you can escape...

Change your thread title to 'Serie A is in Decline. Fact.'

then, you might just get out alive ;)

Adonis said:
only one way you can escape...

Change your thread title to 'Serie A is in Decline. Fact.'

then, you might just get out alive ;)

Just for you.... NO. Serie A is in decline therefore being a bit crap. Give it 3/4/5 years - no Shevchenko, Maldini will be at the old-peoples home and everyone will be watching La Liga and the EPL! Onwards and UPWARDS! 8)

ninjabreakz said:
Just for you.... NO. Serie A is in decline therefore being a bit crap. Give it 3/4/5 years - no Shevchenko, Maldini will be at the old-peoples home and everyone will be watching La Liga and the EPL! Onwards and UPWARDS! 8)

This guy is 26 and he cant even construct an argument... :roll: To believe hes a mod too.

Rocky, Belgian league? What about Liechtenstein?

You are all wrong. The REBYPL (Rune Edge's Back Yard Premier League) is where its at.

ninjabreakz said:
CAN ANY OF YOU READ? Where the hell did I bring clubs into this? I am on about LEAGUES in general.

My point was: Serie A is in decline and our league is getting better every year. FACT.

Porto beating Man United... Sporting Lisbon beating Newcastle... Benfica beating Man United...

You sure you're getting better?

I believe that if all Serie A and EPL teams played each other, Serie A would come out on top.

If it wasn't for Abramovic's money and Portuguese and Spanish coaching, the EPL would be even worse...

Last edited:
Chelsea and Liverpool are paving the way for a Serie A style for the English premiership. Serie A has been pretty boring for a long time, but their teams were also successful. Defending was the major thing. If you look at Liverpool and Chelsea,they have very mean defences and also get accused of being boring. That is why Man Utd and Arsenal have been poor in Europe. They can't defend.

Milanista said:
It seems latin based players (brazil, argentina etc) all want moves to Spain or Italy. Thats part of the reason why Kaka snubbed Chelsea before joining Milan.

thats more of a culural thing.

I always used to love seria a when I was younger, when C4 has big matches every sunday. Watching players like Batistuta.

yes its decling, but i still like the passion and the politics. The fact fans can stand up, and the flares etc. Technical wise, is fantastic. Entertainment? Well you get the odd game like Milan v Parma.

Thats what I love about football though, the variety of play. The premiership has fast pace and physical force, which really seperates the men from the boys. Then theres La Liga which is my favourite at the moment. Its much more open and isnt dominated by the elite clubs. And has a good balance between defence and attack.

I'd say it is in decline, but not as you suggest.

Lol so much stuff's been said here that just leads me to believe "SOME people" here aren't even real football fans and don't follow world of football well.

I have things to say both in favour of Ninja and how I agree that Serie A was way more entertaining a few years back and was one of my fav but no longer is and also few things that he's said I strongly disagree with like how he said EPL has more famous players?? lol.. in fact I think when it comes to big names.. EPL is NOT first. Serie A and La Liga have more household names.. not that, THAT matters AT ALL like Don said. It's the most stupid way of measuring how good a league is.

Then another point I agree with Ninja is that I PERSONALLY would take a "West Brom vs. West Ham" match anyday over Inter vs. Juve! so yes a relegation fight over two top teams in Serie A but that's my personal preference.

Also Adonis, I agree with almost everytying you said here but you said something VERY WRONG which a common fan actually GETS wrong though so I don't blame for you that. All I can say by that statement though is that you DONT follow Ligue 1. So until you do and watch matches from all teams, don't judge its quality just by the common WRONG belief that the league's quality is low. Otherwise me being a totally neutral football fan (My country's league is shit and is in middle east so I'm just the biggest non-biased football fan you can find). I have 100 arguemnts myself both to support Ninja and to support Milanista/Don and others on the other hand about how Serie A is still great and a lot of stuff Ninja is saying is wrong (in my opinion).

But the fact that you put Ligue 1 in same bracket as the much less quality leagues like Portugal/Dutch.. tells me you don't follow it but it's another wrong thing that has become CLICHE that France league is low. I even actually met some Scottish people who thought their league was better :lmao: no disrespect but anybody who doesn't respect Ligue 1 as much as it deserves and thinks its only about Lyon.. just doesn't FOLLOW that league. his beliefs are based on false things he's heard from people or the media.

Cuz anybody who DOES follow Int'l football and all major leagues to a descent level and has good understand of the game knows that these top 5 leagues

1. Serie A
2. La Liga
3. EPL
4. Bundesliga
5. Ligue 1 (France)

in no particular order are QUITE SOME way ahead of the rest of leagues and in fact I'd debate with ANYBODY that in terms of quality players/quality teams all throughout the DIVISION (not just top teams cuz remember its stupid to determine how good a league is by just comparing the top teams against each other, a league is good when any relegation battler on their day can surprise a so called big team and htat is very often in France the case. Everytime Marseille faces Ajaccio they have that scare in their stomach).

Those 5 leagues are quite a long way ahead of 6th league whether that is Portugal (another one of my fav leagues but i'm a realist and I KNOW whether Portuguese/Scottish and Dutch want to admit to it or not.. their league in term of competitivness of all teams is quite a long way below France and those who actually do follow Ligue 1 as well as their own league can admit to it like some of my Portuguese friends, the ones that don't on other hand keep mentioning Ligue 1 as if its same quality as their league due to just ignorance and lack of knowledge).

Adonis although I don't know personally, I'm pretty sure doesn't follow Ligue 1 either so that was just another statement that is a common thought/false statement that has become a CLICHE.

In fact the difference between League #1 : Whether its La Liga/Serie A or EPL.. you can argue and difference between 5th league : Ligue 1 (France) is NOT as big as difference of 5th and 6th.
p.s. I think Adonis is Greek Milanista ;)

That's my 2 cents.

and yeah I myself can contribue to this thread if I can be bothered later cuz i have plenty of things I hate about Serie A and plenty I like about and can defend it. :)

All from a neutral's point of view because I have no English/Italian/French/German or Spanish roots. Just a huge fan of football that follows all these top 5 leagues almost religiously so I know what I'm talking about and yeah my fav at moment is definately EPL as I find its entertainment level is quite above any other but that does'nt mean I don't enjoy my Serie A/Bundesliga/Ligue 1 or La Liga. I enjoy each to their own level as they are all different and offer me something different and most importantly all are quality enough to take even 2 relegation team's matches and watch them!

Also one thing Milanista said here I think needs to be re-iterated. You might get a lot of support for EPL here and I myself am one (although like you I used to be a bigger Serie A fan back in the day) but you have to rememeber you're having this debate in a UK-based forum. You ask same thing in a Spanish forum and those people will tell you La Liga is far better than EPL and Serie A and you ask same thing from Italians they will definately tell you their league is by far #1.

My 2 cents for now.

Last edited:
well I have to hold my hands up and say you got me on that one.

You're absolutely correct when you say I dont follow French football. I guess a lot of people do have the same thoughts about that league as I do. Ive simply just gone off reports here and there.

The only team that gets mentioned from that league is ofcourse Lyon. And that is only because of some outstanding performances in the CL.

But sorry if I offended anyone when classing that league as 'crap'.

I have been told ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom