Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Professor Nutmeg

ML Fanatic
3 July 2002
Master League
Here's a thread for peeps who would like to discuss Italian football in general, but perhaps specifically Serie A. I'll kick things off by mentioning a new twist to Serie A next season. After all the problems with the Italian league recently, normally due to money, Serie A will have 20 teams next season, as opposed to 18. This would mean five teams promoted from Serie B this season and three relegated from Serie A. A playoff will take place between the sixth place side in Serie B and the team finishing 15th in Serie A. From next season Italy will therefore have an expanded 20-team Serie A, with Serie B reduced to 22 teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully Fiorentina will get promoted this season. :) You looking forward to the matches this week Prof on Eurosport?

Professor Nutmeg said:
Well, this agreement has ensured that Serie B will once again start. Unfortunately, i don't have Eurosport Zico.

Ohhh, sorry to hear mate.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Yeah, i just go to Italy to watch the games instead. :)

Wouldnt be suprised, I can see Chelsea laying on a few of Romans private jets so fans can enjoy games in other leagues.

Not sure if its true as there are so many rumours about the guy, but I read that he loves football so much that when his Sky TV (well, the russain equivelant) went down when the footy was on he flew 9hours to somewhere just so he could watch the highlights.

Thats one rich mo-fo :)

Actually, i lived in Rome betweem '93 and '98. A lovely city. But then Italy is a second home for me. Plus my relatives have always lived in Turin (my uncle is a big Juve fan). Ecco perche mi amo la calcio Italiano.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Ecco perche mi amo la calcio Italiano.

Translation: That's why I love Italian Football.

Before u ask, yeah i can pretty much understand Italian. Living so close to the giant boot rubs off on u. Speaking however is another matter :)

The first game with Bologna and Parma was superb. That Adriano is looking better all the time.

Looking forward to another season of Italian footy. :D

FD

fd1972uk said:
The first game with Bologna and Parma was superb. That Adriano is looking better all the time.

Looking forward to another season of Italian footy. :D

FD

I know, the game between Bologna and Parma was amazing like, had such a good flow to it. The power that Adriano gets behind his shots is unbelievable! The matches should be good this week, Milan v Bologna on Saturday night and Chievo v Juventus on Sunday night. :)

I'm suprised Inter don't recall Adriano, he's been a hit everywhere in serie A, at Inter, Fiorentina and Parma. They'll probably wait till he's white hot and just say, "right, we'll have him back now thanks..."

You guys mentioned Serie B...
Last season there were some major problems over Catanania's relegegation to Serie C1. The farce provided plenty of entertainment because, depending on what day of the week the Sicilian club had been re-instated in Serie B or re-relegated to Serie C1 in the wake of a ridiculous series of contradictory hearings carried out both by Football Federation judicial bodies and by the state magistrature...With the day looming for the official launch of the fixture list for the new season and nobody sure just which clubs were in Serie B, firstly yet another State Court (in Palermo) ruled in favour of the federation and against Catania (after a State Court in Rome ruled in favour of Catania). Secondly, the Italian government helped out by anticipating the contents of a government decree due to be voted on in parliament in october. In essence, the newe legislation wil legally bind members of sports clubs federations into accepting a new state sports tribunal. The above is but a potted history of the Catania affair. Suffice to say that at one point the three other relegated sides in Serie B - Genoa, Cosenza and Salernitana - also took cases to regional courts claiming their right to stay up. The farce touched its apex when a court in Salernitana ruled that Salernitana be re-admitted to Serie B. Thus notwithstanding the fact that the club had finished last in Serie B, 22 ôint behind Napoli and Venezia who would relegate in that case...
This is very similar with the best football book i have ever read: " The miracle of Castel di Sangro"... Ever since i read that book if i'em a fan of one football team it has to be Castel di Sangro...

cfdh_edmundo said:
remember when Samp had players like Vialli, Chiesa, Mihailovic, Lombardo...

they used to be very good.

Pagliuca, then Zenga (Now he was a keepr!) and didn't Platt used to play for them?

yeah he did, so did Vinny Montella and I think even Mancini for a bit. I hope they do better now theyre in the Serie A again.

And Seba Veron played for Samp.

Fuck they've had some fantastic players play for them! anyone remember Lee Sharpe playing for Samp? :mrgreen:

But i thought CW was managing the local Primary School team back then. :mrgreen: ;)

Back
Top Bottom