Serious Swap Magic Issues

KingCeri

Non-League
21 July 2005
My Swap magic arrived this morning, but I'm having real problems getting it working. I've been using this tutorial...

http://www.timehascome.co.uk/page.php?id=56

but the pictures are crap. And to make things worse, I've cut tool B, so that it doesn't fit exactly (still holds the disk break back). When it comes to Tool C, I have no idea what I'm meant to do with it.. DOes it go Inbetween the two pices that lift the lid at the back, and how far in do I push it, becasue it goes in a litte, and I don't want to force it in!
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Easy said that the slide works more simple, but this guy is talking about using swap when you've got a slimline ps2. Sorry I can't help you m8, cause I've got no clue how that works.

FIXED!
Had to take drastic action, but an Email from PlayAsia telling me that my Copy of WE had been shipped spured me on!
Thanks guys

Yeah it took a while, and I did something i probably wouldn't normally have done, but hey, it's WE, so it had to be done!

I have a PSTwo, does this swap magic thing work good? I don't want to get the PS2 chipped, and I've been looking at this for a while, is it good? how does it work?

If yours is the new slim model i don't think the swap magic disk would work. But look on the website and see if they've brought a new one out.

I seen one for the PSTwo, it looks like little stickers you had to put in, you can't use the slide tool, but I don't know how it works and don't know if is any good.

To be honest it was a lot of hastle. None of the bits fitted properly, and i had to change them all slightly, and even open my PStwo up to get the third bit in. Although now i know where this bit goes inside the machine I know I could have put a little more effort into getting it in place. I think the lids are a better option, and had I known this before I bought the kit, I would have gone for one of them. Having said all the, my Pstwo is less than a week old, and is silver, so whether it's slightly different from older, or black ones, and it's easier to get the bits in, I don't know.
If you need anymore info then PM me, i might be able to tell you if the kit will work on your PStwo.

Yep, just looked at some of the pictures. The older black ones have space to install the thrid tool, but the silver ones have a clip there that stops you from pushing the tool down far enough.

i have the Swap Magic disks and tools too, my Ps2 is the Slim, and works perfectly, i'm using it here in Brasil... it's easy to use.

I have a newer (2week old) black slimline and it also has the clip in place to stop the c part of the tool. I just took it apart and glued the switches down instead and glued back the brake. No problems here using SM 3.6 and it all looks a lot neater done from the inside. Took about 5 mins and is easy as anything.

KingCeri said:
To be honest it was a lot of hastle. None of the bits fitted properly, and i had to change them all slightly, and even open my PStwo up to get the third bit in. Although now i know where this bit goes inside the machine I know I could have put a little more effort into getting it in place. I think the lids are a better option, and had I known this before I bought the kit, I would have gone for one of them. Having said all the, my Pstwo is less than a week old, and is silver, so whether it's slightly different from older, or black ones, and it's easier to get the bits in, I don't know.
If you need anymore info then PM me, i might be able to tell you if the kit will work on your PStwo.

What? When I first got my bits I fixed it in two minutes. All of them fit perfectly and I haven't had a problem since. But when I checked out that link abit further up the thread, the bits aren't like the ones I have :confused:

Back
Top Bottom