Seriously Goalkeepers

T

the_j_man

What the hell is this about, I just had a small chip into me from Henry a extrodinarily tame shot and the keeper parrys it and falls allowing for a goal....KEEPERS ARE TERRIBLE and it's ruining this otherwise great game

yes keepers positioning is also terrible. its because the game creators want you to defend more like real life and give no chances away in-game.

almost all the online goals in concede are tip ins after the first ball was blocked by the keeper and falls right in front of another opponent :/

i find the goalkeepers to save the impossible shots, and miss the easy ones you expect them to save. They parry tame shots they should catch too, its crazy. And as someone already pointed out, they seem to have awful positioning!!! i just run in and tap it into the goal its that bad! :(

I don't think they've even "fixed" the goalkeepers, just tweaked them.

Has anyone noticed that they do not come off their line unless you hold :triangle:?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a corner, ball comes in, paul scholes receives the ball kills it dead....keeper dives leaving an empty net!!!

the_j_man said:
Just had a corner, ball comes in, paul scholes receives the ball kills it dead....keeper dives leaving an empty net!!!
Shocking. They need to sort the keepers out. They don't even come off their line!

It's annoying on corners, you need to wait until it's hit in and hold triangle before they come for it, else they stay still and you concede. Overall I have found them decent, I only play on regular but it's hard to score, they do have pretty slow reactions but it all depends on the power of your shot.

There is definitely something seriously bad about the keeper AI.

I had an instance where I was counter-attacking and played a pass up to the edge of the opponents 18 yard box. My striker got to the ball ahead of the defender and turned him, so I was clean through 1-on-1 with the keeper.....except the keeper was standing about 12 yards to the side of the goal, so I slotted the ball into the empty net. I suppose I should be grateful my striker didn't pump it over the bar, like they seem to do for no good reason.

I watched the replay, focusing on the keeper, and at the beginning of my counter attack, he just decided to go for walkies and stand at the side of his 18 yard box. Only when my striker was clean through did he start to move back towards the goal.

Wish I'd saved this one on my memory card.

Back
Top Bottom