Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)

The door's shut at the top, don't worry about going up there. :)

Wanna get this game but i'm reluctant to, i ain't completed RE4 yet and don't want to buy another game and not complete it...as usual

Out of all the 22 games i've got on my PS2 i've only completed 5 of them! lol

Got this game anyways! Beautiful game BTW.

Was wondering how do i find the second Colossus?

Also the land in the game is quite huge! Has anybody ventured out to other places and found anything interesting (without telling what it is)?

Stringer Bell said:
Got this game anyways! Beautiful game BTW.

Was wondering how do i find the second Colossus?

Also the land in the game is quite huge! Has anybody ventured out to other places and found anything interesting (without telling what it is)?

There is nothing bar the Colossi out there in the big wide world mate. HOld your sword up and follow the light when it turns into a point to find your 2nd one and repeat til complete

my god what a bloody magnificent game i'm jumping in the tele. This reminds of tomdraider on ps1 on the impact front.just shows what sony is capable off.

I know I'm a bit late to the party but just finished this today. ;)

I don't finish many games these days because there's always something new to play, so even though it's short it's done well just to keep me playing long enough to complete it.

I have to say though, I don't think it's the 10/10 game that a lot of folk do. It's got a similar feel to ICO in that it's very much played at your own pace, and sometimes I felt a bit frustrated at having to travel for ages to reach the next colossi, knowing there'd be no enemies to encouter on the way. I just wanted to get into the next fight!

I found the game incredibly pretty at some points, the Colossi are just amazingly well-designed and crafted. Even the framerate, which at times is piss-poor, doesn't detract too much from the enjoyment of the game, although if it was on a more powerful system it'd be so much more fun to play IMO. I would also say the camera is sometimes a complete bitch and actually has a negative impact on the gameplay itself.

I never finished ICO, I got bored of it as I always got stuck at one point and could never progress past it. Three times I tried to go back and do it. I never got stuck in SotC but it has the same sort of leisurely pace about it, and I'm thinking about going back to try ICO again (as I'm sure it's set after SotC anyway).

Colossi:
No.5, the first flying colossus. I enjoyed this battle so much I was actually sad when it ended. =The feeling I got the first time I leapt onto it's wing and hung on for dear life is one I won't quickly forget.

No.8. The battle takes place inside what I can only describe as a giant leaning tower of Piza. You shoot the feet of the colossus and he falls to the ground from waaaaaaay up high (if you've lured him up that far). Great battle!

No.11. The tiniest Colossus of all, but ironically the most frustrating battle in the game. This is the one you scare with the flame, but I thought it was just such a pain in the arse to kill him. The first time you fall off his back he batters you something rotten until you can get all the way back up the path, round the corner, up the platform and tip him over the edge again. His attacks do very little damage, so it seems to have been by design that the journey back up takes so long. I hated this fight!

No.14. Similar style of Colossus to No.11, but thankfully a much more enjoyable fight. I love how you climb the towers and make your way around the whole area as he smashes each one down with you on top. I also love the design of this boss, he's like a massive pitbull :mrgreen:

No.16. Final colossus, thought it was a bit of an anti-climax. The hardest bit is just getting to him, but after that it's very simple and not particularly enjoyable either.

And poor Agro :(. Ending was good tho ;).

I'd give it 9/10, a very good game but not the 'Classic' it's made out to be.

For me playing the game was a totally new experience. No other game has made me feel the way I felt througout playing SotC. The emotions you feel from start to finish made this a memorable game.

Thats why imo it certainly is a classic.

btw I had the same problem with Ico.

I dunno, I felt the story was pivotal at the beginning but then, I felt like I was progressing through a sequence of challenges until just before the final boss when:

Agro falls.

...that was the only time the storyline sort of kicked in a bit more. Everything in between seemed very disconnected. It's a very different game, and one which stands out in that respect, but a classic? Not for me, the camera and the framerate, as well as the lack of specifics RE storyline hold it from being such.

But I'm glad I finished it :).

I love this game. Beautiful, Emotional, Affecting. The lack of music makes it more atmospheric, more real. Even better than ico.

Back
Top Bottom