SHOOTING DIRECTIONS - PLEASE HELP

omimiga

Conference
Please guys make a guide with the directions you press in the positions A to F and place to put the ball (1 and 2)

EXAMPLE: C1 - UP
C2 - DOWN
(I press it, but not good results)

What's the better direction to press when shoting in these positions... please help! I'm losing too many shots

A question: WHEN INSIDE THE BOX does the direction CHANGES? Because I've heard in one-on-one with the keeper if you press RIGHT or LEFT you put in the extreme corners (1 and 2) with more chance of miss, and if you press UP and DOWN you put the ball in the corners with less chance of miss but the keeper is more able to defend it... is it true?

I used to shot in past WEs using DIAGONALS, is that an error in WE9?

Last edited:
Its easy, if you press left, it will go to keepers left hand, if you press right it will go to his right hand no matter what your position is

are u sure????

it should be C1 for goal 1 and c2 for goal 2
but sometimes the player shoots randomly... beats me too

actually all the positions are good for shots... but it depends on what foot the player shoots with to have the best position.. lets say a right footed player, for position a,c,d for aiming at 2, position c,d for aiming at 1

another hint is try to shoot low shots as they are harder for GK to save and they seem kind of buggy when saving low shots

Last edited:
A shooting guide is impossible to make as the game is great and has so many variables... That diagram it´s incorrect as the keeper is never in that position. You have to look where the keeper is and try to put the ball where is more difficult to the keeper to reach. Usually they let an angle of the net uncovered and you have to try to put the ball in that angle. However you have to pay attention to the player´s preferred foot, shot acc, shot technique, agility (that stat improves the player´s response when shooting). As I told you.. is impossible to make a guide... just practice and you need a little bit of luck too :)

Zygalski said:
Simple.

Up or up+right = aimed at 1.
Down or down+right = aimed at 2.

Done.

You understood what I wanted!

That's it... I wasn't asking when is better to shot 1 or 2... but HOW TO GET THE BALL THERE in these positions...
So the positions and direction that the player is facing doesn't change the D-PAD you press? Are you sure?
Because when I'm in line with post 2 if I press DOWN the BALL ALWAYS go OUT!

Last edited:
Zygalski said:
Simple.

Up or up+right = aimed at 1.
Down or down+right = aimed at 2.

Done.
i dont ultimately agree with that there as personally, before i always use the up+right and down+right buttons when in one on one situations or outside the box shots but i'ld say it works for me 20% of the time the other 80% it goes wide (like i said this is a personal opinion ;)) but using the right and left buttons when you shoot it my best bet because its a bit more productive than the later...... try it, it might be of great help ;)

When you're 1 on 1 with the keeper make sure you press R2 just before your player kickcs the ball.

Generally Zygalski is right (and certainly in training this all makes sense) but there are too many factors defining where your shot goes. Player's angle towards the goal, the position of his foot, where the ball is coming from, his ability stats etc.

I also think it's often totally random. You point left (up) but the shot goes right or to the middle. A bit too random for my taste, but I don't want to start another discussion.

studeep said:
i dont ultimately agree with that there as personally, before i always use the up+right and down+right buttons when in one on one situations or outside the box shots but i'ld say it works for me 20% of the time the other 80% it goes wide (like i said this is a personal opinion ;)) but using the right and left buttons when you shoot it my best bet because its a bit more productive than the later...... try it, it might be of great help ;)

I tried using RIGHT or LEFT out of the box and it improved a lot, specially when you are in line with the post... I'm getting 33% of goals with a clear shot in good positions... using UP or DOWN I used to score less than 25%...

In one-on-one it's better to press UP or DOWN... Right or Left misses a lot... NEVER USE DIAGONALS in ONE-ON-ONE!

Last edited:
omimiga said:
I tried using RIGHT or LEFT out of the box and it improved a lot, specially when you are in line with the post... I'm getting 33% of goals with a clear shot in good positions... using UP or DOWN I used to score less than 25%...

In one-on-one it's better to press UP or DOWN... Right or Left misses a lot... NEVER USE DIAGONALS in ONE-ON-ONE!

What do you mean by UP and DOWN? If you're going left to right, with the goal on the right hand side of the screen, does up mean to the keeper's right (shooter's left)?

Just shoot with lots of power and before the player kicks the ball, press R1, lobs and scores, who cares about direction.

I've never known.
People used to say regarding previous PES that whatever the position (and indeed the quality of the shot depends on many factors), it is on the D-pad :

Left : shoot to the left post (left post for the shooter not the keeper)
Right : shoot to the right post

Combined with :
Up : powerful and tense
Down : foating

I quite never managed to be sure it's true as it should be (when running from right to left), as for me

Up : left post
Down : right post
Left : floating
right : tense

and when running from right to left

Up : right
Down : left
Left : tense
Right : floating

It'll be great that those who consider having good skills tell us about that !!!!!!!!!!

ricola_pak said:
Just shoot with lots of power and before the player kicks the ball, press R1, lobs and scores, who cares about direction.

In WE 9??? I miss a lot with that.. every time goalkeeper catches or goes wide... how much in the bar do I have to fill if I'm in penalty mark?

Another one: the L1+square just seems impossible right now, do anyone know how much to fill in the bar to get over the keeper and in the goal?

Yeah L1 is really hard to do now. But for R1, just get almost full bar of power, it should be fine.

Nonetheless, most of the time I don't do anything but simply shoot at either bottom corner.

ricola_pak said:
Yeah L1 is really hard to do now. But for R1, just get almost full bar of power, it should be fine.

Nonetheless, most of the time I don't do anything but simply shoot at either bottom corner.

Thx man! I will try... do you direct the ball or don't press D-Pad? Or just adjusts the curve to make sure it goes to goal?

And with how much distance of the keeper should I shot?

Not sure what you mean by adjusting the curve, I do press the D-pad, and in response to the first post in this thread, I think when I shoot I press my control stick to the direction I want it regardless of which way my player is facing.

And as for how much distance etc., I really just "feel" for it. How did I get this kind of instinct? Well, remember WE8's training in ML? I did the shooting practice for all my players, doing 1v1 that much really helped.

So I suggest you to just keep doing it in training mode if you have trouble.

funny to see this discussion pop in over and over :).

I have the same problem ever since, In fact I usually need 15 shots to score a single goal lol :)

If you test it you'll find out it's even a greater mistery than it looks: simply DON'T TOUCH any directions after pressing square and you'll find that, despite what you think that shot will not always go straight forward. Sometimes it also picks a direction. How more confusing can it go now? :)

Mauras said:
funny to see this discussion pop in over and over :).

I have the same problem ever since, In fact I usually need 15 shots to score a single goal lol :)

If you test it you'll find out it's even a greater mistery than it looks: simply DON'T TOUCH any directions after pressing square and you'll find that, despite what you think that shot will not always go straight forward. Sometimes it also picks a direction. How more confusing can it go now? :)

For me, I've found that not pressing any direction just kicks it in the direction that the player is facing. That's why I've never scored without pressing a direction, as I often shoot when I'm not facing exactly where I want to kick it.

I don't use the D Pad as I use the analog stick, and I have had absolutely no problem with shooting direction. Only times I miss are when the keeper saves it or I shoot it wide (but in the right direction).

ricola_pak said:
I don't use the D Pad as I use the analog stick, and I have had absolutely no problem with shooting direction. Only times I miss are when the keeper saves it or I shoot it wide (but in the right direction).

I never miss the direction... but miss a lot (right direction) and goalkeeper is a monster!

I'm with 33% of convertion right now... I'm using UP or DOWN when 1-on-1 and RIGHT or LEFT when shoting outside of the box

ricola_pak said:

I use analogs too.

Assuming that player stats, positioning(balance,stride), prefered foot and other factors are not brought into the equation.

I usually use:

Up/Up-Right or Up-Left to put it into area 1.
Dwn/Dwn-Right or Dwn-Left to put it into Area 2.

I feel that pushing the opposite direction (ie. Up left/dwn left) nails those low shots into the corners.

But all these have to be applied in context with the player stats, balance, and prefered foot. Also whether he's under pressure or not.

The above is what works for me, others may disagree.

Very very subjective issue this. I feel, training mode is not a good place to try it out as the results there sometimes don't reflect what turns out during a match. You net to get a feel for it during actual matches.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom