Shooting from the distance

G

gicago

Is it me or is it nearly impossible to score a goal from well outside the box (like 25-30 meters) it was easier in PES5 than here. Me and my friends have been playing it for like a week and we scored only one goal from a distance. Oh, btw I was talking about WE10

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive scored a few, used to score loads tho from like 35yards (PES5) just dipping over the keeper and ive only done that once so far :( I think the shooting is more sensative now, just gotta get used to it i guess.

I used to score a fair few on the older PES's but I find PES5 on 5*s I can no longer hit from distance as well even with players like Scholesy, Lampard and Rooney.

DJ

I used to hit more goals with players like Espimas and just rubbish players who would just let fly and POW!

In the real old days of Master League I used to score belters with the crap players too.

DJ

PES3 was the worst for long rangers, dont think i remembering scoring 1 :|

I found that most of my Long Range Efforts on PES3 went either Miles Wide or Way Over The Bar!

DJ

There was no dip on the shots, just seem to keep rising forever !

Thats very true mate, thank god they changed the engine hey!

DJ

Yeah :D i think they messed it up on WE10 tho, cant seem to score the one on ones like i used to, side footing seems to be proper poor!

Oh right you play WE10? thats not good from the sound of it for us waiting for PES6!

DJ

Yeah, well on PES5 i used to curl it round the keeper 1on1 but that seems harder now, i dont rele get 1on1's that often so im not that greatest at em. Normally just try and go round the keeper and win a penalty or tap it in :)

I find it easier to score from distance when using the r2 shot (shot + R2)

This seems to be normal with WE/PES: with each newer version you can/can't score a goal like you used to. Like now nearly all my goals are just from outside the box (20m). This was much harder in the previous version. I haven't scored a goal from 30m range myself either.

Depends, my mate scored like.. 3 goals from quite a way out last nite because i was going for the equaliser and he had time to get a shot off with no midfielders pressuring his player :(

Ive scored quite a lot of long range goals in my ML, most of them coming from corners when defenders give a clearing header but it falls to Rooney or Scholes and them boom, top corner.

the trick is to pass to a player outside the box, within the distance you mentioned, and then press shoot before the ball reaches the player.
He'll drop a bomb!!

Terryb47 said:
This seems to be normal with WE/PES: with each newer version you can/can't score a goal like you used to. Like now nearly all my goals are just from outside the box (20m). This was much harder in the previous version. I haven't scored a goal from 30m range myself either.

Its easier to hit the ball hard when you're running on to it, firts time or push it ahead of you. Can't really hit 'belters' if the balls at your feet.

Try it out.

Ah I'll give it a try, I must admit I haven't been firing shots from large distance (30m) as much as I did in previous versions, because it's lot easier to outdrible the backs now. and like I said, I score lots from just outside the box now (20m).

i often hold in R2 or R1 when running up to a shot BEFORE shooting, R1 seems to give that extra power, and with R2 the player uses his wideside of the foot for more precision, but a weaker shot. precision makes up for the weakness.

1-2's work the best I think for long rangers. Get a player like Gerrard on the ball, dribble up near the 18 yrd line, play a 1-2 pass to a decent passer of the ball, and before Gerrard traps the ball again from the return pass let rip with scorcher. Gerrard's middle shooting ability is ridiculous in WE10, he'll score 9/10 if its done right.

I've scored a bunch from miles out, ill upload the video again as i was suspended from youtube (wwe) - look for the 'England Video' soon

The long distance shooting in WE10 sucks! The shooting was soooo good in PES5, so why on earth did they change it? Best in any WE/PES/ISS-game so far. Typical Konami bullshit, they always have to change something as soon as they've gotten it good. Hope they'll fix it for PES6.

Scored a few screamers from 30+ and hit them out of the ground from middle of the net 4yrds out. The game puts far too many over the bar and a lot of the time you don't feel in control.
I swear to god sometimes the bar goes up like a rocket, and i just breathed on it!! Watching a lot of real games and powerful shots are pretty common if not on target, and with the new ball types they can bend a bit like SWOS. But in WE10 far too often end up just plopping the ball back into the keepers arms or lobbing it over the bar!! Still I'm sure there will be a PES6 tweak on the way!! :roll:

Probably depends on who you're using. I've scored more long range goals in WE10 than I did in PES5. Using players like Lampard and Gerrard.

yes, it depents probably on version (as i find it more dificult to score from ouside the box on WE10, from WE9/PES5).
The above text i made is related to Adriano, wich is the best middle shooter at WE9/WE10/PES5 at the "top up red arrow" condition on the free trainning.

i scored a goal from 39 meters earlier with pirlo against ac milan ( using my ml team) and they had lev yashin i have a habit of holdin the opposite directoin to the net from distance shots tho im used to pro evo 5 on psp

hm, i haven`t understood you: "holdin the opposite directoin to the net"? You mean if the goal is at right (Wide camera) you were holding the "left" button?

Back
Top Bottom