Shooting help

I used to have the same problem... used to think that my fingers were crooked.. but GK AI is a bit better in PES 6 and shooting is a bit more difficult...

try this... when coming in to the penalty area from central midfield... rather try to chip the ball over the goalkeeper instead of shooting normally...dont power up ur shot for too long cos you will chip over the goals

When coming in to the penalty area from the wings... aim your shot for the near post instead of the far post... GK's utomatically try to cover the unmarked post (far post)... and if ur shot is a bit off it will go for the centre of goal...

Your choice of striker is also very important... i use Luis Garcia.... his accurcy is amazing and his shot power is great too... plus he wont cost you an arm or leg to buy either.... another great striker is van persie (a bit expensive tho)

just press triangle after u have shot to generate more power, keepers cant keep them one out. and even if they do u get the rebound:applause:

That is for freekicks and doesn't apply for normal shots.

u noob try what i say before u insult my Intellegence. when u have tried come back and say sorry to me.

In a nicer tone now i promise you if you shoot then press triangle you will be suprised by the extra power and i repeat this works with normal shooting as well as free kicks :applause: :applause:

i bet ur shots go over the barall the time or u just pull the ball along the 6 yard box and shot tehehehehehe :lmao:

Hmmmm, I've tried that before and notice no difference, I assumed it only works with free-kicks too, perhaps you just assumed too? It has never stated it any manuals when in open play.

Personally, in PES5, I had a nightmare scoring from range, in PES6 I can score from range for fun, I'm not sure why my technique is well adapted to PES6, I think it was luck. Try get some space around you to shoot, from sprinting or using a shoot dummy (shoot then press :x: ). Never shoot while sprinting, and when dummying it and taking the ball to one side, make sure its that players stronger foot. Also press R2 when shooting with a side foot in a corner, this takes alot of sting off the ball but places it delicately.

With regard to just smashing it at the goal, most of the direction is from the way you have the player facing, make sure you nice and straight, or angled one way and press the opposite direction on the D-pad to angle it for a corner of the goal. I'll release another PES6 production video of long shots soon for you guys.

Hmmmm, I've tried that before and notice no difference, I assumed it only works with free-kicks too, perhaps you just assumed too? It has never stated it any manuals when in open play.

Personally, in PES5, I had a nightmare scoring from range, in PES6 I can score from range for fun, I'm not sure why my technique is well adapted to PES6, I think it was luck. Try get some space around you to shoot, from sprinting or using a shoot dummy (shoot then press :x: ). Never shoot while sprinting, and when dummying it and taking the ball to one side, make sure its that players stronger foot. Also press R2 when shooting with a side foot in a corner, this takes alot of sting off the ball but places it delicately.

With regard to just smashing it at the goal, most of the direction is from the way you have the player facing, make sure you nice and straight, or angled one way and press the opposite direction on the D-pad to angle it for a corner of the goal. I'll release another PES6 production video of long shots soon for you guys.

Hectic everything u have said regarding shooting i agree although i promise if u press triangle afteru shoot u get more power just try in training for a bit and u will be a beliver all my m8s said iwas full of shit untill they tried. Once u try u will never go bk.

u noob try what i say before u insult my Intellegence. when u have tried come back and say sorry to me.

In a nicer tone now i promise you if you shoot then press triangle you will be suprised by the extra power and i repeat this works with normal shooting as well as free kicks :applause: :applause:

i bet ur shots go over the barall the time or u just pull the ball along the 6 yard box and shot tehehehehehe :lmao:

Well, to be honest with you I did start PES6 and spent a few minutes in Training mode trying what you wrote, and there were no difference. It is especially good since the "Play Again" function in Training can be used to repeat the exact same situation over and over again where certain parameters are always the same for each instance and you can focus on experimenting with different parameters such as shot timing, power and other things. I tried taking a shot, then repeating the same shot (timing and power) but with Triangle pressed, and I noticed absolutely no difference, with the ball travelling in the same trajectory with the same speed regardless.

But hey, Konami often leaves out certain functions from both the game Command List and the manual, so I would be happy to do some more testing.

Perhaps you could do a very detailed description on how you go about performing the shot (basically telling exactly when you press triangle in relation to when you press the shot button, when the player actually shoots etc).

I might have sounded a little short in my response but I have seen alot of those types of comments before (people saying that holding R2 during freekicks gives a harder shot (when infact it is triangle, and R2 was used in PES4 before KONAMI changed it... etc etc). So some responses are sort of automatic, although in this case with PES6 being new I did try it out a couple of times before posting... :) ;)

Well, to be honest with you I did start PES6 and spent a few minutes in Training mode trying what you wrote, and there were no difference. It is especially good since the "Play Again" function in Training can be used to repeat the exact same situation over and over again where certain parameters are always the same for each instance and you can focus on experimenting with different parameters such as shot timing, power and other things. I tried taking a shot, then repeating the same shot (timing and power) but with Triangle pressed, and I noticed absolutely no difference, with the ball travelling in the same trajectory with the same speed regardless.

But hey, Konami often leaves out certain functions from both the game Command List and the manual, so I would be happy to do some more testing.

Perhaps you could do a very detailed description on how you go about performing the shot (basically telling exactly when you press triangle in relation to when you press the shot button, when the player actually shoots etc).

I might have sounded a little short in my response but I have seen alot of those types of comments before (people saying that holding R2 during freekicks gives a harder shot (when infact it is triangle, and R2 was used in PES4 before KONAMI changed it... etc etc). So some responses are sort of automatic, although in this case with PES6 being new I did try it out a couple of times before posting... :) ;)

to be honest im not sure when i press it timing and instinct all i can compare it to is when u press r2 after a shot for placement, follow the same rule with triangle.

In reply m8 you got me curious as to weather i was talking shite so i tryed my method in training and u are 100% correct pressing triangle doesnt seem to make any difference:( . But i promise that online or in match mode my method works 100% pls try and get back as i said i have told a few friends about this and they all sware by it. Once again just afteryou have shot press triangle same technique as when u press r2 for placement shot. :applause:

In reply m8 you got me curious as to weather i was talking shite so i tryed my method in training and u are 100% correct pressing triangle doesnt seem to make any difference:( . But i promise that online or in match mode my method works 100% pls try and get back as i said i have told a few friends about this and they all sware by it. Once again just afteryou have shot press triangle same technique as when u press r2 for placement shot. :applause:

Hehe, that is funny because I was going to reply and say I did find some variation when shooting with Triangle and without it.

I guess a certain degree could be down to "Placebo" or a similar expression, because when I was playing and holding Triangle every other time I could swear there were some minor differences in shot speed, but if you had played back a video with random Triangle shots and normal ones I wouldn't have been able to tell which ones where which. I would try it in match mode but I just cannot stand playing PES6. And I also have some reservations to trying it in match mode since situations will be different every time.

So I guess the effect of Triangle (if any) is quite subtle, and maybe it is one of those things we'll never get official confirmation from KONAMI on, and will keep wondering about.

But hey, all discussion is good discussion. :)

Back
Top Bottom