Shooting

The shooting varies on the way you play the game. Some people will find that their shots always miss, some will find their shots will always hit the target.
Its about technique, practice in training mode and see what works best for you.

Is Ronnie's shot always a goal ???
Like dropshot777 said, its all about technique, the position of your player,your player rating and the ball position that determined the shot height and accuracy, if everyone just moan why he doesn't score with every tap of shoot, then we all can just play FIFA (Old version) where every shot strikes the target(Superman keeper...)

shoot with power or a controlled shot are factors too ....

WE10 shooting is the best on the planet, so real,yet, idiotic players just keep crying instead of getting to play it REAL !!!!

tony 7 said:
Lol strange because every shot I hit goes in and I play this game as I played the others.
Great that you find it so easy but you didn't explain how it is you shoot.

I'm finding that a short sharp jab of the shoot button makes the shot fly out of the stadium - which didn't happen in previous versions of the game. I guess we have to caress the button.

tony 7 said:
Lol strange because every shot I hit goes in and I play this game as I played the others.
Then you are the perfect person to respond to my request... although any of you "perfect shooters" can have a go.

I want you to play a 2 player game, against 1 star... if you can record the PS2 video output then practice mode is most likely easier.

From approx 20 - 25 yards out, bring your player (a right footed striker) to a stop...

Start a run and within the first couple of steps so you are still outside the penalty box, I want you to make 4 specific types of shot...

1) Full power, top of net.

2) Full power, along the ground.

3) 2 shots at half power from the corners of the penalty box, showing left and right curl into the opposite corner of the net. (i.e. left corner of penalty box to right side of net.)

The specific condition is that no other player is involved (i.e. no rolling the ball back to an oncoming player to get the low shot), single player, start run, shoot... the on-screen power bar will show us if the power is full or not.

Once you have done that, save the replays and then post them up here in some way, X-Port, AVI etc...

If you can provide replays of those shots then I'll believe that the person playing the game has total control of the shooting and I need to learn the controls. If not then I will remain with my view that the shooting in PES/WE is random and all you do is press a button.

You see, there's a big difference between every shot going in and every shot going in how and where you place it.

sattan_hussein said:
didn't play we10 more than half an hour, so i can't talk much about...

but in pes5 (and past games) i feel that i have at least 90% control over shots
Should take you about 5 mins to get those 4 shots together then... good luck.

wcj123456 said:
WE10 shooting is the best on the planet, so real,yet, idiotic players just keep crying instead of getting to play it REAL !!!!

Who the f**k are you to call anyone idiotic? Flame away but be man enough to come to my place and call me idiotic to my face!

martd said:
hmmmm, 4 hours and sattan hasn't posted.........
All these "great" PES and WE players talk a great game... put them on the spot and they all go quiet, strange ain't it?

They still haven't sussed that the reason the only shooting training you can do requires you to "push a button" is because you can do nothing more than that.

Where's the vary the placement of the shot training?

Where's the vary the height of the shot training? Not from free kicks, from open play.

Where's the volley and overhead kick training?

There isn't any because you (the player) cannot decide any of those factors.

Go back a couple of versions and all the complaints were "it takes all the shots with the outside of the foot" if you had complete control, that wouldn't happen. You could make it play the shot with the wrong foot if you had control.

I will say the computer is damn good at shooting, only played about 10 matches so far, and every time i've lost has been on absolute peach of a strike, including a volleyed chip into the top corner...slightly annoying.

Meanwhile I clearly need to go back to shooting shcool, miss consistently good opportunties, will train a bit and see if it helps..

LeeC said:
Then you are the perfect person to respond to my request... although any of you "perfect shooters" can have a go.

I want you to play a 2 player game, against 1 star... if you can record the PS2 video output then practice mode is most likely easier.

From approx 20 - 25 yards out, bring your player (a right footed striker) to a stop...

Start a run and within the first couple of steps so you are still outside the penalty box, I want you to make 4 specific types of shot...

1) Full power, top of net.

2) Full power, along the ground.

3) 2 shots at half power from the corners of the penalty box, showing left and right curl into the opposite corner of the net. (i.e. left corner of penalty box to right side of net.)

The specific condition is that no other player is involved (i.e. no rolling the ball back to an oncoming player to get the low shot), single player, start run, shoot... the on-screen power bar will show us if the power is full or not.

Once you have done that, save the replays and then post them up here in some way, X-Port, AVI etc...

If you can provide replays of those shots then I'll believe that the person playing the game has total control of the shooting and I need to learn the controls. If not then I will remain with my view that the shooting in PES/WE is random and all you do is press a button.

You see, there's a big difference between every shot going in and every shot going in how and where you place it.

it depends on the shot technique too

Been playing the game with a mate and I have had no problems with shooting, although we have had some shots go over from a redicules 6yrds from the goal, its makes the game play exciting. We both scored great goals from outsie the box and close range eforts. So its basically depends on how you play the game that determaines shooting. It does take time to master the way, you may even have to change the way you shoot.

Another thing that bothers us both is the fact the keeper keeps parying the ball forward to the oposition, then an easy tap-in always happens, there has been occasions where the keeper paries it in his own net. This is played on 5 stars as well!!

do you find that if you shoot on the run at about 30/35 mts from the goal tapping twice till you get the desired strength (ie. mid bar) the shot goes stronger & faster?

If I just shoot to mid bar in one go it is half the speed/strength

Cheers from another WE freak

using all 4 shoulder buttons alone / in combination could possibly solve some control issues, ie. R2 would be right foot with the outside of the boot...

LeeC is correct, you do not have FULL control over the shots, although I do like the shooting in WE10.

Don't know about that guys..I play this game non-stop every day after I get home from work, and the shooting is excellent in my view. I have no issues with shooting and always have complete control of my shots.

Have I mentioned how much I love the gameplay on this game before???

Simply Outstanding!!!

HOWTO Shoot in WE10:

press square/circle (whichever you have for shoot button) then up/down on dpad/analog to aim to corners. Unlike WE9 and previous versions, using forward/back on dpad doesn't seem to aim to corners anymore in We10. Instead, using forward/back seems to go straight down the middle now.

Always, try to get the ball on the player's better foot before shooting.

Always, try to get free (no defenders putting you off balance) before attempting a shot.

Finally, gauging how much to fill the power bar (when shooting) in each given situation comes with practice and experience.

Problem is that; A lot of times players decide to shoot with inside of their foot.This makes shoots slower.Especially when the ball doesn't far from his feet.

Well nobody can deny that the shooting is now more difficult to perform, but its just like real life IMO. You cant always score from 35 yards out, this makes the game more realistic. I dont have any problems with the shooting. It just takes practice!

In real life players do not mean to place their shot wide or over the goal, but it still happens a lot. This is reality. There are a lot of factors that influence your shot (form, stamina, balance, body position, being closed in by the opposition etc etc etc). I think WE10 reflects this in a very realistic way. Pressing the same buttons in different situations should not constitute to the same result.

There is one thing i am sure of though. If you have the time, press R1 and with R1 pressed, make your shot. The shot will more likely to be more powerfull, not performed with the inside of the foot and not go over the goal (as long as you do not press square to long that is).

Shooting is not perfect but i think it is the best till date. Though I am a little concerned about shots being drawn to the middle of the goal or goals being scored on the left side of the keeper while i was clearly aiming for the left. But this is nothing new. WE9 and other versions of the game had the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom