Shooting...

Young GE

Conference
4 May 2006
:shock: what have Konami done?

ive had the game since yesterday, and its great, but the shooting is terrible, worse than PES5, anyone else agree?

If I'm positioned right, on a players stronger side, and a player who can actually shoot worth a damn, then I have no problems at all. I like the shooting, and I've scored some crackers already, shame I couldn't save the replays though!

yeah ain't there a bunch of moaners on this site, every year people whinge and then week later they love it....just enjoy it!!

Yep, I have to agree, after a few games last night I was scoring some crackers.

It seems to be that if you have just turned and try to shoot the player shooting technique is much more important this time round. It really needs to be very high if the player is slightly off balance, from a tackle or turn.

I've been having a few problems keeping the ball down with alot of players, but it's not so bad it ruins the game.

supertom said:
If I'm positioned right, on a players stronger side, and a player who can actually shoot worth a damn, then I have no problems at all. I like the shooting, and I've scored some crackers already, shame I couldn't save the replays though!

it says in the manual that replays can be saved but when i score a goal theres no button to press to save

if you read the manual you'll notice that konami has assigned a new control for shooting. the sprint button (as well as the left button) is now used for chip shots. so if you dont hold down sprint then your shots should sty down at least.

The manual isnt to clever anyway. The pictures in the manual are from pes5, asin the icons for when a player is injured ect, they are totally different ingame, lazy buggers.

Young GE said:
:shock: what have Konami done?

ive had the game since yesterday, and its great, but the shooting is terrible, worse than PES5, anyone else agree?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Don't worry mate, I had the same problem when I first played this game.

For an ideal shot you'll need to build momentum with your striker, so the ideal shooting position would be on his stronger foot while sprinting. Heading isn't as tricky, just hold down the power bar a good duration before the ball connects with the player's head to give him enough time to size up the jump. The same rule applies with volleying.

I know how frustrating it is to begin with but when you get the hang of it you'll be wondering why you complained to begin with. Trust me ;)

The shooting system this year is just amazing...And so realistic, now u can't shot while u're backing the net:)))Finally a great shooting system.
Btw, now the henry's shoot it's much better than last year...

Pricey1984 said:
you can also use the RT button to place a shot, press it after you have have taken a shot i seemed to have more joy when using this ;)

Yep,I sussed this out last night,makes the game so much better.

I was the same with the shooting to begin with,kept putting the ball about 2 miles over the bar :lmao:

after a week of playing i think the shooting is just as easy you just need to get used to it. i still dont know how they can shoot at 60 degree angle tho that would never happen in really football as it happens so much

I've scored some absolute pearls recently.

Real demons! from about 25yards with Hamann, bent into the top corner. Scored a cracker with Heskey first time.

Shame we can't save them :(

Same here. I scored an amazing volley with Maxi Rodriguez, the ball just drifted and dipped into the top corner.

No problems here. A quick 4 games with my mate last night produced 16 goals. Some of which were rippers from outside the box. Doesn't seem any harder/easier than PES5 tbh.

Back
Top Bottom