Shooting

obzi

League 2
18 June 2002
Bolton
Bolton Wanderers
When playing master league with the standard rubbish side (Castolo, Miranda etc) nearly everytime I shoot it chips even though I am not holding R1. Why does it keep doing this? Is it because the players have rubbish stats or is it me?

Last edited:
I bet me old cherrub, that if you check your control figuration, youn have long pass as the Square button and shoot be the Circle, for some reason it keeps changing on my game.

Rkid005uk said:
I bet me old cherrub, that if you check your control figuration, youn have long pass as the Square button and shoot be the Circle, for some reason it keeps changing on my game.

Good theory but wrong I'm afraid! I have shoot as the square button and long pass as circle. Same thing keeps happening (the chipped shot thing) to lots of people ar work as well

Maybe you could check it was chip shot 1 and not 2 in the config screen. One you need to press :r1: , the other meathod if you tap the shoot button twice it does a chip shot.

Yes, this auto-chipped shot problem was in WE10, and it makes an unwelcomed return in PES6.

It seems to be purely a cpu controlled thing...I've tried all sorts to stop it happening but it just keeps on happening and in completely improbable situations....it's like an animation that it just decides to play out. Where did the gameplay go? We've got a whole bunch of buttons and combinations of presses which should allow us to control exactly what we want our players to do....but no, the cpu still dictates large amounts of what happens, not you.

A few times it actually works in your favour - if your in quite close to the keeper and as you shoot, the keeper dives, sometimes the cpu has all by itself decided to make you do a chip shot and it goes in over the keeper.

It's just more scripted crap from this game which increasingly takes control away from the player as the cpu plays out a whole bunch of scripted routines and decides what will happen for you.

The game is essentially an AI v AI demo with input from the human player occassionally having an impact.

winston said:
Yes, this auto-chipped shot problem was in WE10, and it makes an unwelcomed return in PES6.

It seems to be purely a cpu controlled thing...I've tried all sorts to stop it happening but it just keeps on happening and in completely improbable situations....it's like an animation that it just decides to play out. Where did the gameplay go? We've got a whole bunch of buttons and combinations of presses which should allow us to control exactly what we want our players to do....but no, the cpu still dictates large amounts of what happens, not you.

A few times it actually works in your favour - if your in quite close to the keeper and as you shoot, the keeper dives, sometimes the cpu has all by itself decided to make you do a chip shot and it goes in over the keeper.

It's just more scripted crap from this game which increasingly takes control away from the player as the cpu plays out a whole bunch of scripted routines and decides what will happen for you.

The game is essentially an AI v AI demo with input from the human player occassionally having an impact.

couldnt agree more. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Back
Top Bottom