Should I buy this for Live if I already have PS2 and PC version?

RuneEdge

Silent Assassin
1 October 2003
Manchester United
I already have the PS2 version and I own the PC one cuz I wanted to play online. Its fun but I just bought a Xbox 360 with Live and I'm wondering if its worth getting the Xbox version to play on Live.

I also have HD so theres another reason why it might be worth it but I'm not too sure what to do right now.

Shall I buy it so that I can play against people on this board cuz most of them have the Xbox version?

I've not had first hand experience with the Xbox version, but from what I;ve heard the PS2 version is better . Tho I did have PES4 for the Xbox Live , when ever I played offline I played the PS2 version. So I have always felt the that PS2 version feels a little more "right".

The xbox 360 version-

pros-

1)the game engine plays smoothly,no stutters,glitches,slowdown (unless lag online)
2)Boots up very quickly

cons-

1)Mic doesn't work in game
2)Joypad not as good as ps2 especially if your used to ps2 one,and no converter yet.Stuck changing man with L2 trigger not L1(can't reprogram).Dpad shite.
3)No lobby online.
4)Screen stuck in small 4.3 mode ie large borders laterally.

So I would play online with the PC if your PC plays it well and there are people online....my PC didn't run it smoothly enough so I bought it for xbox360.

I'm enjoying it as in...

1)I've played it online more than PGR3 and PD0!
2)Mrs isn't happy - (real proof!)

but-

1) I'm retraining my fingers to use L2 and more importantly the analog stick! since the d-pad on the xbox360 isn't up to the precision I'm used to with the ps2 controller.
2)When you get beat online and you know your better than that but its a controller issue it lowers morale.
3)When my mates return from there Christmas Hols etc to return to our usual weekly tournements on Ps2 we9JL(at mo.)for beers-I'll be used to the xbox 360 pad and may play shite and lose a bottle of whisky!

Last edited:
jonboyo said:
but-

1) I'm retraining my fingers to use L2 and more importantly the analog stick! since the d-pad on the xbox360 isn't up to the precision I'm used to with the ps2 controller.
2)When you get beat online and you know your better than that but its a controller issue it lowers morale.
3)When my mates return from there Christmas Hols etc to return to our usual weekly tournements on Ps2 we9JL(at mo.)for beers-I'll be used to the xbox 360 pad and may play shite and lose a bottle of whisky!
Thanx. Seems like I'll have those exact problems too cuz I had a similar controller issue on the PC and it really lowered my morale when I lost to someone online.

Back
Top Bottom