Should PES move to a new Engine for PES 2021 in anticipation for NextGen Consoles?

Should PES move to a new Engine for PES 2021 in anticipation for NextGen Consoles?

• Yes, as soon as possible

• No, not yet

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm 90% sure that PES 2021 will be on Unreal Engine for PS5/ XboxSeriesX and will stay on FOX for current PS4/XboxOne and PC, just with the roster update and minimal changer, at least for 1 or 2 years. Looks like they will found the well to convert scripts and 3D models from FOX to Unreal.

Maybe for PES 2022/3, we will have the next-gen Unreal version and for PC. Konami can't upgrade FOX because they don't have Kojima and his team to do it properly so they need a new one that why they use the Mobil version of the game to try and to learn Unreal (and the PC version can be exclusive for Epic Store ). Basically I do not expect anything good and spacial from new PES games, because again all will be the focus on MyClub and microtransaction = gameplay manipulation.
I just wanna see how it will look FIFA and PES with all now new graphics power and technologies like Ray Tracing and DLSS.

Last edited:
I believe that the change of engine is very necessary for the change of generation but I also understand that the Fox Engine has not been able to realize its full potential. there are very few games that use this engine and just look at the metal gear of the year 2014 to see a better potential than we see in the saga pro evolution soccer .. even I lean towards the ue4 would give more freedom to the creators of content since it is a free software

View attachment 32609View attachment 32610View attachment 32611
UE4 is so big!! Reliable. Customizable. Easy to handle. Maybe that’s really the way to go.
Expect changes, if they are willing to, around 2022!

I'm 90% sure that PES 2021 will be on Unreal Engine for PS5/ XboxSeriesX and will stay on FOX for current PS4/XboxOne and PC, just with the roster update and minimal changer, at least for 1 or 2 years. Looks like they will found the well to convert scripts and 3D models from FOX to Unreal.

Maybe for PES 2022/3, we will have the next-gen Unreal version and for PC. Konami can't upgrade FOX because they don't have Kojima and his team to do it properly so they need a new one that why they use the Mobil version of the game to try and to learn Unreal (and the PC version can be exclusive for Epic Store ). Basically I do not expect anything good and spacial from new PES games, because again all will be the focus on MyClub and microtransaction = gameplay manipulation.
I just wanna see how it will look FIFA and PES with all now new graphics power and technologies like Ray Tracing and DLSS.
You are aware that PES 2021 will be released at least 3-4 month before the new gen of consoles arrives, right?! If they are coming Winter this year that is.
So all I see is a patch in January/February 2022 that just unleashes more power to the game. FPS, antiA, and stuff, not more.

i don’t see Konami spending time and resources on implementing UE for the current gen. Not even using it as an testing environment... that would be a waste of resources, imo.
They are working behind the curtain on PC’s if they are focused on bringing UE to the next gen if any, imo.

So my comment stays: another year of that old PES on current gen this year. New engine coming in 2021 on ps5 the earliest. Baby steps... the following years.

Edit: I hope I don’t mix some stuff up. The Champions League beers got to me. :D

UE4 is so big!! Reliable. Customizable. Easy to handle. Maybe that’s really the way to go.
Expect changes, if they are willing to, around 2022!
We don't know when PES 2021 will release !
So, you think they will enter new generation consoles with FOX (which will be a HUGE mistake )? Or they will miss 2 years of PS5? (That basically can kill PES) Konami always release PES on all-new console launch, maybe they miss just PS3 but .. yeah. I'm sure they will have a next-gen version of PES 2021 for PS5 and XboxSeX. They can't leave FIFA to be alone on start. And yeah, I'm sure they will screw up PC version for at least 2 years, will be on FOX or on some hybrid between next and current-gen. They know it how to do it and to makes PC fans to suffering.

Last edited:
We don't know when PES 2021 will release !
So, you think they will enter new generation consoles with FOX (which will be a HUGE mistake )? Or they will miss 2 years of PS5? (That basically can kill PES) Konami always release PES on all-new console launch, maybe they miss just PS3 but .. yeah. I'm sure they will have a next-gen version of PES 2021 for PS5 and XboxSeX. They can't leave FIFA to be alone on start. And yeah, I'm sure they will screw up PC version for at least 2 years, will be on FOX or on some hybrid between next and current-gen. They know it how to do it and to makes PC fans to suffering.
PES2021 will be coming fall 2020! I’m sure of that (but who am i?!). Why would they bother with the schedule? They want yearly revenues. No way they will skip a year just to please the customer. We know better by now, don’t we?!
So if you are thinking about a later release (maybe around when the next gen consoles arrive); that would be a huge change in the release window! I don’t mind if that happens but I don’t see it.
Imo, they’ll stay cool with the fall release this year (2020) with Fox Engine, some minor tweaks (like they did before) and that’s it. A patch a few month later (Jan. 2021) could be advertised as “we take advantage of the new consoles” (IF the consoles had hit) but nothing ground breaking.
Fall 2021, if my guts are anything to go by, will be the earliest they present a new engine!

Edit: ah, you said so as well. Fall 2021 is the earliest they’ll give a fresh start. 👍

You are aware that PES 2021 will be released at least 3-4 month before the new gen of consoles arrives, right?! If they are coming Winter this year that is.
So all I see is a patch in January/February 2022 that just unleashes more power to the game. FPS, antiA, and stuff, not more.

i don’t see Konami spending time and resources on implementing UE for the current gen. Not even using it as an testing environment... that would be a waste of resources, imo.
They are working behind the curtain on PC’s if they are focused on bringing UE to the next gen if any, imo.

So my comment stays: another year of that old PES on current gen this year. New engine coming in 2021 on ps5 the earliest. Baby steps... the following years.

Edit: I hope I don’t mix some stuff up. The Champions League beers got to me. :D
PES2021 will be coming fall 2020! I’m sure of that (but who am i?!). Why would they bother with the schedule? They want yearly revenues. No way they will skip a year just to please the customer. We know better by now, don’t we?!
So if you are thinking about a later release (maybe around when the next gen consoles arrive); that would be a huge change in the release window! I don’t mind if that happens but I don’t see it.
Imo, they’ll stay cool with the fall release this year (2020) with Fox Engine, some minor tweaks (like they did before) and that’s it. A patch a few month later (Jan. 2021) could be advertised as “we take advantage of the new consoles” (IF the consoles had hit) but nothing ground breaking.
Fall 2021, if my guts are anything to go by, will be the earliest they present a new engine!

What I'm saying is that, they will release PES 2021 with FOX for PS4/Xboner and PC who know when.. let's say September, latter maybe November with PS5 they will release the next-gen version with Unreal Engine.
Skipping years or stay on FOX for PS5 will be a HUGE mistake.

What I'm saying is that, they will release PES 2021 with FOX for PS4/Xboner and PC who know when.. let's say September, latter maybe November with PS5 they will release the next-gen version with Unreal Engine.
Skipping years or stay on FOX for PS5 will be a HUGE mistake.
PS4 and Xbox One were released at the end of 2013, and the first game for these consoles was PES 2015 exactly one year later at the end of 2014. So it could well be that we still need to wait another 1.5 years for the first PES in a new engine.

if PES 21 got the same shitty engine the game is dead for me, for real. The clunkyness and shit is horrible. Fox Engine is the worst thing that happened to PES.

Remember what happened with PES 2017 on PS4 and then, months later, with PS4 Pro in 4K?.
Konami foresaw the release of PS4 Pro so they equipped PES with high-res 4K-ready textures. So when PS4 Pro came out, PES 2017 looked like a new game.

I think something like that might happen.
PES 2021 will either be two games in one, or they will release an updated game for PS5 later on.
I don't think they could go a whole year with a curren-gen game, when PS5 it's supposed to be out just a couple of months after PES gets (usually) released.

If konami actually sat out a proper ps5 release of pes 2021, say sometime around November/december 2020, they really deserve everything they get. They are miles behind fifa. To not try and hit the ground running, especially given the lack of genuine progress in pes, bar the introduction of the stadium cam, would be foolish. Surely they've been doing something with their time...

Or maybe there happy continuing to make max income for minimum effort.

According to this:
Last things: PES is going to be the same
So PES is going to remain the annual best football simulation ever made!!!

Jokes aside, it is interesting the outdated approach on Castelvania, one of the most iconic games of the 90s.
If we compare to the tactics of an other Japanese company Nintendo/Pokemon creatures Inc./Gamefreak or even the marketing approach of KONAMI on Yu-Gi-Oh!, before they kill it completely, every time they had a product in-line, video game or TCG, they always demand first a decent support backup from other media like anime series, animated movies, manga etc, which will promote the game content heavily.
Acting the opposite, starting development after the reaction on anime, shows that video games development, is a low priority for them now.

According to this:
Last things: PES is going to be the same
It looks like its deleted but I will not be surprised if there are almost NO Changes for the next game (well will has new UI and pointless changes of buttons mapping or change the names and place of some mechanics ).
Konami makes tons of money now so.. why they need to take risk and waste efforts and work. The sheep will buy coins in pointless MyClub no matter what Konami will release.
That is what I say to SEP in his stream when we were having a discussion about microtransaction. They kill the evolution of games like PES and FIFA.

First couple of years i see no real changes they will be like Pes Ps4 games with higher settings, then they will change graphics engine that's for sure. Can't say if there will be a real big improvement in everything else though.

There hasn't been a real improvement in gameplay comparing Ps3 gen to Ps4 gen.

I really hope this upcoming gen they will use new consoles power, they have no excuses because even if we just know XSX specifics, it's a monster machine with 12 TF (similar to high end GPUs) and with a CPU (Ryzen) that is so much better compared to laptop CPU like Jaguar processors.

And we shouldn't even forget about SSD. They are saying SSD in these new consoles is so fast there will be no need for loading times.

All things considered this gen there will be a much bigger jump in specs compared to Ps4-Ps4 gen, so Konami must use that power.

Well, what he said may be a possibility. They could do what EA did with FIFA 14: old gen (Impact Engine) on PC and PS3/Xbox 360 + new gen (Ignite) and released at a later date (when consoles became available) for PS4/XB1.
Or they could do what they did with PES 2014: just skip the new consoles for a year and release a fully fledged PES 2022 (based on Fox, on UE, on whatever they deem fit).
Well, there's a third option: UE on PC, PS5/XBX and Fox on older consoles... But I see it very difficult.

They could do what EA did with FIFA 14: old gen (Impact Engine) on PC and PS3/Xbox 360 + new gen (Ignite) and released at a later date (when consoles became available) for PS4/XB1.

I don't think it will happen. Pes 2021 will only release on Ps4, Xbox One and Pc,
Maybe Pc wil have a bit more advanced graphics options but it will still be a Ps4 gen game.

I don't think it will happen. Pes 2021 will only release on Ps4, Xbox One and Pc,
Maybe Pc wil have a bit more advanced graphics options but it will still be a Ps4 gen game.
Do you remember the last time, a multiplatform game got a special treatment on PC port over the console ports in the same gen?
Cause since ps3/xbox360 era i remember the exact opposite, consoles get always the best treatment.

Do you remember the last time, a multiplatform game got a special treatment on PC port over the console ports in the same gen?
Cause since ps3/xbox360 era i remember the exact opposite, consoles get always the best treatment.

I don't expect that too, i was just guessing.

cant believe that the pc would get no next gen graphics.... pc is the most powerful of all consoles and should have the best graphics. Its a thing of optimations...you can see on every exclusive ps4 game like Horizon Zero Dawn or Uncharted 4, graphics looks heavy good, but ps4 has so weak Hardware, its only so well optimized!!
PC is so expensive that it should always have the best graphics engine

cant believe that the pc would get no next gen graphics.... pc is the most powerful of all consoles and should have the best graphics. Its a thing of optimations...you can see on every exclusive ps4 game like Horizon Zero Dawn or Uncharted 4, graphics looks heavy good, but ps4 has so weak Hardware, its only so well optimized!!
PC is so expensive that it should always have the best graphics engine

Where did you get that from? Don't jump to conclusions man.
We don't even know if there's going to be a next gen version on any platform at all yet.

So why are you panicking mate? Nothing's been announced yet!
:LMAO:

Should Konami/PES move away from the FOX ENGINE now?

Yes.
Do I think they will? No.

Do you think the FOX ENGINE has come to its end and they've squeezed it the very last drop out of it?

No. (But they showed over the years that they are neither talented nor invested enough to push it.

Rumours have been going on for the past two years about a possible switch to UE4 (Unreal Engine 4)

Please no, I think it is not very well suited for a football game, quite hard to optimize especially for consoles too, and it tends to look rather clunky, needs very good art team like the shooter Hell Let Loose to make it look realistic and smooth.

Why on Earth are they even quoting me like I'm some kind of source? :LMAO:
I was just expressing my opinion.

Ben Wilson, if you're reading this. I appreciate it mate, but I didn't predict anything!
In fact, I'm now more inclined to think they will not be making the switch to a new engine for PES 2021.
Thank you for linking your article to Evo-Web though!

Why on Earth are they even quoting me like I'm some kind of source? :LMAO:
I was just expressing my opinion.

Ben Wilson, if you're reading this. I appreciate it mate, but I didn't predict anything!
In fact, I'm now more inclined to think they will not be making the switch to a new engine for PES 2021.
Thank you for linking your article to Evo-Web though!
You are a celebrity now dude.Enjoy it!!! :P

I can't really wait. I want it to come in the middle of this year. It is a personal opinion. Thank you. Epes By Konami.
:)):APPLAUD::))

I've heard from several sources that PES2021 won't be released in Next Gen consoles. PES 2021 will complete 3rd year of ML remaster implementation.

According to Renan Galvani:

PC version will be NextGen, on par with XBOX Series X and PS5.

I don't know what to make of it. This guy nailed things in the past, but I still take it with a pinch of salt.

Back
Top Bottom