should the old firm go down south

W

wee_rab

Its has been in the news once more that the celtic and rangers going down south i think it would be good as more money into the clubs would be great

Who will have the pleasure of having Celtic and Rangers going down on them ?

no!

its not our fault they are stranded in a sh*te league, after entertaining both sets of fans in the past few years I wouldnt look forward to them visiting again.

IMO apart from a couple of bigger grounds to play in they wouldnt offer anything else to our league that we dont get from the likes of lfc, villa and the geordies so keep em up there IMHO!!

Has a club ever left their league to join another before?
Is this even possible?

Butatista said:
No last time Celtic game down to Highbury there were thousands of them pi*sed up. Not a pleasant sight. And this was for a testamonial!!!

lol it was the same when they came to ours, more so the Rangers fans, pissing on themselves, yackin up over each other, very nice....

Butatista said:
No last time Celtic game down to Highbury there were thousands of them pi*sed up. Not a pleasant sight. And this was for a testamonial!!!

Yeah, though look at the amount who come down and give your players their testimonials, not one team in the world can do that unfortunately in terms of away fans.

FD

fd1972uk said:
Yeah, though look at the amount who come down and give your players their testimonials, not one team in the world can do that unfortunately in terms of away fans.

FD

Fair play mate, although the "thousands" that were there will probably never remember the match!!

RuneEdge said:
Has a club ever left their league to join another before?
Is this even possible?

Well there is the Royal League which include teams from Sweden, Denmark and Norway. So they are trying it out. I think if teams start joining other leagues it will be the downfall of football as we know it.

if rangers and celtic were to move to the prem/chamionship wouldnt it have be terrible for the scottish league though?
it would be great for celtic and rangers themselves but i think it would almost wreck the scottish league

stiffler said:
if rangers and celtic were to move to the prem/chamionship wouldnt it have be terrible for the scottish league though?
it would be great for celtic and rangers themselves but i think it would almost wreck the scottish league

well for the spl i thought it'd be better without the OF, I know clubs would miss out on the revenue from gate reciepts etc but there would two CL places up for grabs plus a better run in the domestic cups so thats gotta be better for scottish football....

thats another reason why they wont move down here cos they will miss out on the champs league cos I cant see both making top 4 in the prem, maybe one of them but not both...

I think they have to to play a better standard of clubs each week, but as many have said I believe that their is little chance of this happening.

I was in favour of the Old Firm going south in at the start when it was first proposed but now i think they should stick with scottish football because if they leave it will kill scottish football i dont care what terry butcher says yes it will be more competitive but without the the OF the money thats comes in to the SPL will be seroiusly reduced.

I very much doubt the majority of fans are prepared to do without being in Europe for more than a season i think the problem is the sperad of money in the game today Uefa and Fifa have to get together and sort it out to make it a more level playing area.

Back
Top Bottom