Should we expect differences from WE10 to PRO EVO 6?

killercam

Shady
18 December 2003
London
Hi just a quick question concerning Winning Eleven 10 on the ps2.

Basically I just want to know if it will be the have the same game engine as pro evolution 6 on the ps2 I understand Konami made some changes to the winning eleven 9/Pro evo 5 series but what will they do to this series.

Also does anyone know when pro evo will be released for ps3 and will there be so many changes from the ps3 version and the ps2 version, seeing as both games will be released around the same time I get the idea that the only changes we'll see is the graphics as opposed to gameplay, menu's, editing etc.....

Thanks in advance :)

Strangly enough for me, I think the PC version(the demo i tried) of PES5 is faster then the XBOX one and I think the PS2 one is really slow.

ye it does change...for me it does...PES5 felt so much better wen i 1st got it...so yeh for me it does change...n plus PES will get more licenses n stuff too

killercam said:
Thanks for the response but I wanted an answer to my original question :)
Didnt quite get the message, did you?
The different versions of the game have been different in the past so its safe to assume PES6 will be different from WE10.
Hopefully the keepers will be fixed cuz they slip in too many goals. And I hope the defending it much stronger. I know people say you just need to practice but it seems like the CPU have trouble defending too. I easily slotted in 5 goals in one half(10 mins) against the CPU on 5 stars.

Last edited:
Marc_Everton said:
Strangly enough for me, I think the PC version(the demo i tried) of PES5 is faster then the XBOX one and I think the PS2 one is really slow.
I have all versions and that's true. I even felt than the PES5 Demo(Pc) was faster than the complete game.

PES 6 will be the same as Winning Eleven 10 + updtated rosters + 50Hz + online mode + updated kits (for licensed teams)

that´s all :)

WE and PES have always been more or less different, even when PES came out only a few weeks after WE. This year they have lots of time until PES is released, so I expect a much more balanced PES later this year. But to answer the original question, the game engine will most likely stay 100% the same as it's always a straight port from the PS2 version.

I don't know why you think PS2 and PS3 versions will be released around the same time, when PES6 comes out on PS2 the PS3 still won't be released. The first next-gen evo game will be WE 11, probably with a new name, and I'm pretty sure we won't see it this year.

I can´t agree! The PES-games are allways so bad compared to WE. PES5 has so bad gameplay. Shooting, passing and heading are so bad and random. PES had allways major bugs( PES1: heading to easy, you can´t defend, you can´t score freekicks; PES2: the undefendable dribble.; PES3: heading again; PES4: goalkeepers don´t reacting.... ) . I´m allways so dissapointed and don´t know why konami europe destroys the gameplay. Bought PES 5 (PC) for online-play
and after 1 week kicked it. It has simple not good gameplay. WE 9 was so much more fun (more fluid gameplay, better shooting, passing, heading). Made a test with my friend. We tried first PES 5(newer version) and than WE 9 and it was definitly the better game(We9: not more goals, but more fun to play). PES-games are a big "no no" for me. Every year the same dissapiontment. The final, international and j-league versions are even better!

cheers,
EFX

Ike said:
WE and PES have always been more or less different, even when PES came out only a few weeks after WE. This year they have lots of time until PES is released, so I expect a much more balanced PES later this year. But to answer the original question, the game engine will most likely stay 100% the same as it's always a straight port from the PS2 version.

I don't know why you think PS2 and PS3 versions will be released around the same time, when PES6 comes out on PS2 the PS3 still won't be released. The first next-gen evo game will be WE 11, probably with a new name, and I'm pretty sure we won't see it this year.

Well I was thinking that Konami are making a version for the Xbox 360 which has more or less the same capabilities as the ps3. So won't Konami be making a version for the ps3 at the same time? So when the ps3 does come out (hopefully November) it will be the same version as the ps3 version - Hopefully a launch title. :/

The reason for this thread was because last year I bought winning eleven 9 in August and me and a friend absolutely rinsed it out. We played it so much that we were bored of it by the time pes 5 came out in October.

So I was just wondering is it worth me buying we10 in APRIL if pes 6 is released and it's gonna be more or less the same as we10 Thanks :)

Or does anyone think the ps3 version will be different?

efexx said:
I can´t agree! The PES-games are allways so bad compared to WE. PES5 has so bad gameplay. Shooting, passing and heading are so bad and random. PES had allways major bugs( PES1: heading to easy, you can´t defend, you can´t score freekicks; PES2: the undefendable dribble.; PES3: heading again; PES4: goalkeepers don´t reacting.... ) . I´m allways so dissapointed and don´t know why konami europe destroys the gameplay. Bought PES 5 (PC) for online-play
and after 1 week kicked it. It has simple not good gameplay. WE 9 was so much more fun (more fluid gameplay, better shooting, passing, heading). Made a test with my friend. We tried first PES 5(newer version) and than WE 9 and it was definitly the better game(We9: not more goals, but more fun to play). PES-games are a big "no no" for me. Every year the same dissapiontment. The final, international and j-league versions are even better!

cheers,
EFX

Totally agree with you.I used to play pes5 until two days ago then I got WE9 International and the difference is huge.Much better and fluid gameplay.The pace is slower too which I like.

in PES 6 there 'll be a new french team Valenciennes promoted tonite from D2 to D1 !

Expect differences (but not necessarely good. PES5 was the only PS2 european I remember that was actually a bit better than the japanese original).

So As Killer Said. if we rinse the game out now till november, will we dissapointed when pes6 comes out because it is just about the same as we10? forget promoted teams and stuff. He means gameplay masterleague, the whole structure?

The biggest thing it will lose is the Jap commentary. I love the WE games for that alone... I can't understand it so I can't hear the rubbish, repeating commentary that the English version will have.

European leagues are updated with promoted squads every year for PES versions.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
killercam said:
Well I was thinking that Konami are making a version for the Xbox 360 which has more or less the same capabilities as the ps3. So won't Konami be making a version for the ps3 at the same time?
PES6 for XBox 360 will probably be the first PES/WE game on next-gen consoles, but I fear it will be quite a straight port from WE10 with slightly better graphics and almost the same gameplay.

The first true next-gen version will most likely be WE11 (probably renamed) on PS3. I don't expect it to be a launch title, I guess it will be released in a year or so.

WE10 has a few annoying bugs (goalie deflections, whistle stutter bug) that I expect to be ironed out in PES6. Apart from that, it's well worth buying it IMO.

Damn boys. Until now i' ve always hoped that PES was the same of We 'cause PES has always been more arcadish than Winning Eleven. Every year i thought people saying the new WE was worst than the previous were absolutely wrong. This year i really think Winning sucks. It reminds me of PES 2. It is aracde, many step backwards from pes5/we9 in matter of "simulation".

Back
Top Bottom