Sky HD - World Cup on BBC HD

Re: Sky HD

Yep, BBC are doing HD progmramming, it will be slow to start off with. I think they will screen all games in HD!!!
Now only if I didn't have my GCSE's!

ashmufc said:
Yep, BBC are doing HD progmramming, it will be slow to start off with. I think they will screen all games in HD!!!
Now only if I didn't have my GCSE's!

Tell me about it matey.

Picture this:

Over 6 hours of 'A' Level exams in 1 day (over the legal limit - but they gave me scheduled breaks).

English, Economics and Geography.

Set to start at 9am - Finsish near 4pm.

WHEN WAS THIS HORRIBLE DAY?
THE YEAR OF 2004 - BRAZIL VS ENGLAND WORLD CUP QUARTER FINAL!!!

So this is what happened:

They got all the 'sports fans' into the headmasters office, delayed the exam and allowed us to watch the match on the TV in there. (it was on in the morning if you remember).

I'll never forget it. I thank them for that.

A, B, B were the grades for those exams if you were wondering.

Last year's CL final was the day before my Psychology 3 hour exam..... made me get a B.

The WC is during my fucking A2s... the exams that get me into university.

KOP_007 said:

They got all the 'sports fans' into the headmasters office, delayed the exam and allowed us to watch the match on the TV in there. (it was on in the morning if you remember).

Theyre not allowed to do that though?

Im waiting for more channels and the price of the box to drop before i purchase one

I have been watching normal TV for 20 or so years so 1 more wont make a difference

KOP_007 said:
Tell me about it matey.

Picture this:

Over 6 hours of 'A' Level exams in 1 day (over the legal limit - but they gave me scheduled breaks).

English, Economics and Geography.

Set to start at 9am - Finsish near 4pm.

WHEN WAS THIS HORRIBLE DAY?
THE YEAR OF 2004 - BRAZIL VS ENGLAND WORLD CUP QUARTER FINAL!!!

I'll never forget it. I thank them for that.

A, B, B were the grades for those exams if you were wondering.
there was a world cup in 2004?

Euro 2004 in Portugal where we got beat by Portugal on penos

2002 we got Beat by Brazil

Last edited:

I dont think we would have lost to Brazil in the quater finals in the hockey world cup :)

RuneEdge said:
Maybe he meant the Hockey world cup which took place in 2004.
Very funnuy :)(not being sarcastic)

Anyway, apparently there will be very few boxes on launch which is bad news.

csaunders said:
there was a world cup in 2004?

Yeah, it was the Hockey World Cup.

It was pucking great.

Seriously though, 2002 WC QF Brazil.

HD News though:

World Cup in HD.
Match of the Day in HD.
Preiership in HD.

I assume it's just the price putting people off? Becase theabove 3 things in H will be sensational...well MOTD is pretty poor these days.

EDIT: Te batteies on my keybord are going. Hence missing letters. Ecuse it.

ashmufc said:
Anyway, apparently there will be very few boxes on launch which is bad news.

I believe that to be true. I pre registered my interest and got the sign up e-mail from sky. Apparently if you've ordered it without pre-regisering, you'll e put at the bottom of the list (behind the pre-registers). It's all speclation of course though.

KOP_007 said:
I assume it's just the price putting people off? Becase theabove 3 things in H will be sensational...well MOTD is pretty poor these days.

£400+ is all lotta bucks mate. I'll be happy to pay that if that was a fair price - but when you look at the Americans and how little (comparatively) they are paying, we are being shafted big time.

Sky has been charging us extortionate amounts - and there is no justification to it. The only way to stop them is not to buy their stuff :mad:

Mikey said:
Yep. The best way to deal with money grabbing cunts though, is to not give in and pay them.

I havnt payed my bill for 4 months, that'll show em

rockykabir said:
£400+ is all lotta bucks mate. I'll be happy to pay that if that was a fair price - but when you look at the Americans and how little (comparatively) they are paying, we are being shafted big time.

Sky has been charging us extortionate amounts - and there is no justification to it. The only way to stop them is not to buy their stuff :mad:
Isnt it £299 for the box. And this is a premium product as the main man, whatevere the bald guys name is I forgot it said. And I am sure the boxes will be sold out at launch so those who want it at that price will buy it.

It will come down soon in price........
As for USA, it was quite high at launch as well, and Sky have a mini, well a proper monopoly on HD. Telewest have TVDrive which does HD, but not many people can get it and they wont get Sky content such as SSports and SMovies as Sky wont be giving them away yet. And so as there is no other real competition they can set the price.

Well I've pre-ordered mine and I don't think the £299 for the box is that bad really. Cos when you've spent alot of money on your HD set up another £300 quid to make the most out of your equipment isn't that much. Also the tenner a month is fuck all really.....it's just one less pint every week :)

ashmufc said:
Isnt it £299 for the box.

As in the total extra cost especially if you already have Sky+

£299 for the box plus an additional £10 monthly on top of the existing Sky+ subscription.

The americans are (relatively) paying peanuts to what we are.

I know that Britain try to maintain a protected, stable economy but the blatantly extortionate prices we're being charged is doing my head in!

Another pee'd off moment: Designer sunglasses in the US = $149.99. Same model in the UK = £149.99!

Well the glasses bit is right, but remember, save up and then go on holida to USA or Dubai :)

CWright said:
Money Grabbing Cunts!!
Couldn't agree with you more matey.

They are shafting the public and 400 notes for a HD box, big-time ripoff. Anyhow I'm telling Sky where to shove it after having numerous problems with Sky+ and I'm fed up of the incompetence of their dozy engineers. Twats.

In other news ntl have merged with Virgin, meaning everything ntl do (TV, broadband, ohone, mobile) will be under the "Virgin" name.

Back
Top Bottom