Sky HD - World Cup on BBC HD

They are already offering it, before Sky did. Also TW will be showing ALL WC games in HD as ITV are starting ITVHD on TW!!! :(:(

After finding out that I needed to get Sky upstairs installed to get a decent pic on the new tv, I thought i might as well take the plunge and dish out the 300 brick for the HD box. June 24th installation date, cant wait. They told me that by sept 75% of all channels on sky would be HD.

I ordered it last night, but apparently there arent as many being ordered in norn ireland, so theres more engineers available. The guy told me that if you live in London, you'd be waiting until August.

I gonna wait until the price drops have done without HD channels until now so it wont hurt to wait.

Is there any way to get a HD signal without having to buy a new cable box or something?

Man, this sucks ass. I just buy a HD TV and now I find out I cant even get a HD signal without paying an amount thats close to half of what the TV cost.
And I still have a PS3 to save up for.

I think I'm gonna have to cut a whole meal out of my daily food intake.

Free my internet provider with a Freebox HD 24 mb/s for only 29 euros by month, i have the Freebox HD too but not the TV, i find one guy with a HDTV

World premiere HDTV from Internet need only 5,2 mb/s :
rghd27zt.jpg

Last edited:
Lcuky! Will they be showing WC in HD in France?

Anyway, as I couldn't get a SkyHD box LOL I will be getting a Humax HDCI 2000 box for 260 pounds circa to watch the BBC games in HD, then I might sell it after Wimbeldon as my SkyHD should come in August.

NickSCFC said:
Top stuff, can we have some pics of footie matches when they're on?

I have a SD TV (Sony wega 29") and at the moment only 3 concert live James Blunt, U2 and Moby and now live Roland Garros, the HDTV pict are a Freebox forum.
But soon i can see a HD program with a software on my PC, so i can make few captures.

Last edited:
ashmufc said:
Lcuky! Will they be showing WC in HD in France?

Anyway, as I couldn't get a SkyHD box LOL I will be getting a Humax HDCI 2000 box for 260 pounds circa to watch the BBC games in HD, then I might sell it after Wimbeldon as my SkyHD should come in August.

TO use that do u just connect it to your existing sky connection, do you need an additional lnb???

No need for an extra LNB. Just take it out your SKy box, and hook to the Humax.

Let's hope I get one!

Yeah, you can get a Dragon CAM but I'm not sure how to do it exactly. I'll try to find out.

I don't think you can tell on a PC monitor, especially from a picture of sports. Also it is internalced, thus all those jagged lines.

very nice, the pitch and graphics look great

is that Sky HD or something else?

It's HD from a Sat1HD, a free to air channel in Germany. SkyHD where also showing the final in HD, and from what I have hard it was very good. They also showed the FA Cup Final in HD.

Back
Top Bottom