Sky losing Exclusive Premiership Rights...to Setanta

KOP_007

Banned
22 March 2003
Merseyside
The EU f*ck it up again.

No-one should expect a Sky subscription decrease as it is obvious they will just drop Prem+ (if anything sub will increase as they've now paid more for less games).

So let's look at this...

Setanta...if their Premiership coverage is more than £50 (a la Prem+) for their 46 games then we, the consumer, have lost out. This is likeley as they will bundle it with everything else on their channel - including American no mark sports and God forbid...the SPL.

Not to mention that Setanta outsource everything. They will have no proper build up or coverage...unless this changes of course. As SPL fans who have Setanta will telly you...the quality of the entire package blows (and I just don't mean the quality of football).

Also, with Sky now having High Definition...this is a definitite step backwards.

More choice EU? I don't think so....unless I want to pay through the nose for the same number of games I will have next season (at a higher broadcast quality I may add)..then the EU have screwed the football fan.

Well, from what I've read, I think Sky will get more live games than previously before (something like 4 more) - I don't know whether this was based on the live games originally available minus Prem+ though.

I wasn't a big fan of this from the beginning as it was likely the case that we will end up spending more :(

I think there were 6 packages in total. Sky took 3 & Setanta took 2 - I think it cost £1.3 Billion and £292 Million respectively so I think Sky got the "better games" package? Wonder who will take the last one?

Sky are going to bin Prem Plus following next season so all games thru them will be part of the subscription package. God knows how Setanta will deal with the Premiership footy as they now have the Sat evening and Monday night footy, time will tell I guess

rockykabir said:
I think there were 6 packages in total. Sky took 3 & Setanta took 2 - I think it cost £1.3 Billion and £292 Million respectively so I think Sky got the "better games" package? Wonder who will take the last one?

Sky have 4, Setanta 2.

Can't believe MNF is a thing of the past on Sky. At least we still have Super Sunday at 4pm on Sunday, though if you don't shell out for Setanta then one game might not be that Super on a sunday.

To me, Prem+ was/is fantastic value at £1 a game. With all the other crap on Setanta, I'm sure we'll be paying a lot mroe than that just so we can watch all the games we used to be able to.

Although a big company, Sentanta are a joke with the SPL..I hope they strike a deal with SKY or something so we can at least have high quality standard definition pictures...if not HD.

i've not had sky for over 4 years, maybe if they had a sports only package i'd consider it but at the moment the cheapest package with the sports channels is £34 a month yet they advertise about only paying for the kind of tv you want :eh:

not sure whats gonna happen with setanta, at the moment i think there sports package is £14 a month, with the money they've forked out for the broadcasting rights i can't see them showing the games as ppv

if these prices stay the same in 2 years time then it's gonna cost £576 per year

i'm seriously thinking about getting a satelite system then getting a card for ART which shows all televised epl games plus midweek games that aren't televised and at least 2 games at 3pm on saturdays, cards cost around £90 for a year

Back
Top Bottom