Benfica Thread

Quim just signed a 5 year contract with Benfica.

15693.jpg

So... it seems that we won't be having problems with keepers during the season. 8)
2 great keepers and a good keeper. I wonder witch of them will be nº1?

I'm having high hopes that this year we can win the championship. :twisted

For the first time in many years we are making the right buys and bringing in the players for the positions that we most need.
At the moment we only need a OMF, Rui Costa would be just perfect :)
(he has made a fantastic Euro in Portugal.)

Milanista said:
Rui Costa said hes staying with Milan.

Trapattoni was his coach at Fiorentina and he probably wants him in Benfica's team. Also, I think that this is his last year at Milan, so next year they won't be making any money with him.

Soundtracker said:
and don't forget...Mantorras is back!!!

Yes... and I bet he is doing a great season, now that he is totaly recovered.

Mantorras, Nuno and Sokota in the front line = "panic for defenders" :twisted:

Quim!??? For what??? We already have the best portuguese keeper and one of the top 3 from europe in a few years...and Yanick is very good too...spending money on Quim...for what???

Soundtracker said:
Quim!??? For what??? We already have the best portuguese keeper and one of the top 3 from europe in a few years...and Yanick is very good too...spending money on Quim...for what???

Quality is never too much.
Besides I think that Moreira is participating on the Olimpic games, and so for the CL pre-qualifiers, and for the starting of the season we would only have Yanick.

And I don't know if Yanick is so good as you say. :roll:
One thing I know, Quim is top quality, and probably a bit better than Moreira. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that we will have 2 great GK next season, and no matter what happens, or no matter who will be nº1, we will have a great keeper in ower nets, Trapa will know what to do. :)

Soundtracker said:

agree.
i dont think quim is coming to sit in the bench...

Quality is never too much.
Besides I think that Moreira is participating on the Olimpic games, and so for the CL pre-qualifiers, and for the starting of the season we would only have Yanick.

And I don't know if Yanick is so good as you say.
One thing I know, Quim is top quality, and probably a bit better than Moreira. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that we will have 2 great GK next season, and no matter what happens, or no matter who will be nº1, we will have a great keeper in ower nets, Trapa will know what to do.
quim is nowhere near the quality of moreira i think moreira and vitor baía are the best at the present. we clearly dont need these 2 new keepers..
if yanick is not so good why we even bought him?

unless vieira is having ideas to sell moreira...

also i think RC is not coming this season trapa said... or at least the press said that trapa said.. :) he will be playing geovani in the OMF position..

bad__boy__69 said:
quim is nowhere near the quality of moreira i think moreira and vitor baía are the best at the present. we clearly dont need these 2 new keepers..
if yanick is not so good why we even bought him?

unless vieira is having ideas to sell moreira...

I think that Moreira still has some details that he might improve, like coming out for crosses. And in that aspect, and overall, I think Quim is a bit better than Moreira.
I don't think Vieira will be selling him, that would be a Major mistake, because he is still very young and already a great keeper.

bad__boy__69 said:
also i think RC is not coming this season trapa said... or at least the press said that trapa said.. he will be playing geovani in the OMF position..

Yes, I've read it too. Quite impressive that he knows our players so well already.
I think Geovanni may have a chance playing as OMF, the few (or almost none) times that he played there in Benfica he did quite well. I remember that goal against Sporting, I think he was playing as OMF.
Also, I think that in Brazil he played in central midfield.

yes he is, sometimehe does sometimes he doesnt.. he is a very irregular player and usually doesnt lasts the 90 minutes..
but i heard in the press that trapa is trying to bring rui costa to slb this season :)

Professor Nutmeg said:
Is Zlatko Zahovic still at Benfica? Does he get in the starting XI? In the Omf role?

Last season, in the beginning he made part of the starting line-up, but he's playing was very poor, he didn't played "for the team". And at the end of the season he didn't eaven get in the starting 11.
He's not the player he used to be, and in Benfica he was never a good player, he had some good moments.

At the end of the season Benfica's board offered him a proposal to leave Benfica, but since he didn´t accept it, he is going to stay for two more years, receaving the wages he should receive in one season. :-s

This week, in an interview when talking about Zahovic, Trapatoni said that above all he wants players that work in the field. So I believe that he won't be getting in the starting eleven very often. :mrgreen:

Geovanni will be a big surprise this season...at least for those who don't know him from his Cruzeiro times...he'll be our OMF!

According to the press, Maradona will have an experience period in Benfica, so that Trapattoni can evaluate his skills. :mrgreen:

We declined Maradona Jr's manager propose to have him for an experience period...the kid is worthless...just because he's the son of Maradona that doesn't mean he's a good player...he's not!

But don't forget Eusébio's now a grandpa...let the kid grow up and we might have a new big talent...

Adani in on the way too, and Trapatonni is doing a hell of a job!

I read only some speculations in polish newspapers in Saturday as Trappatoni said a wish to see him in squad, especially from time when he was watching him in Poland - Italy game (3-1)
here are a couple links to few polish portals about it:

http://pilka.interia.pl/ligie/nie/news?inf=520998
http://sport.onet.pl/948013,wiadomosci.html
http://gol.idysk.com/news.php?id=3586&PHPSESSID=b0f252311ed2999b580d6e7a55e72e6f

I translated an interview with him from one of pages where this info was written
sorry for mispellings, dunno how it sounds in english
Quote:

"The most important is that Trapattoni wants me. It's almost 70% of success in squad rivalisation. Then I'm not afraid of Simao nor Geovanni" - said Kamil Kosowski in interview for "Fact", which will be negotiate his contract with Benifica Lisbona in Monday.

- "My manager gave me half day free time. Before I'll go on this meeting (about contract - me) I'll buy a new camera and if nothing will happen I'll make a picture with Trappatoni" (sorry, I don't know how to translate these jokes - me) "I had to go to hairdresser but when they said me about proposal from Benifica I changed one's mind, I'm gonnna buy a good sunglasses" - "Kosa" explained.

Kaiserslautern leftwinger is very impressed by portugeese league.
- "Who's the best in Champions League? Porto! Who played in Euro 2k4 final? Portugal! Where are the most modern stadiums? In Portugal! Do you know what is Benifica? It's a one of world's most powerful clubs! You know Eusebio, etc... I remember how we played with Wisla (Wisla Krakow (Cracow) - me) against Porto (0:0 and 0:3 - me) and my K'launtern was beaten by Vitoria Guimaraes. Das ist Fussball!" - commented Kosowski.

"Fact" discovered that on the beinning of next week (probably tommorow in Monday) will be negotiations between Kosowski with his manager Wolfgang Voege and Trapattoni.

words written using bold are my comments
"Fact" is known from transer bollocks and rumours, I don't know how many truth was in their news this time

Does anybody know this player, Kosowski?

I'm trying to get some information about him...there's a wisla cracovia supporter in this forum...

rui costa to man utd?... damn it
if this is true let him come play in estadio da luz and i will boo him till i loose my voice... pesetero.

yes nuno gomes came from holidays with a myterious injurie in teh knee hows is this possible now he is gona stop for 3 weeks i think im not sure why couldnt he talked to benfica medics in holidays and he would do a preparation sop he could be fir or almost fit in the start of preseason?... argh

Re: SL Benfica Supporters Thread

Stuart said:
apparantly Newcastle have put in a new bid for Miguel. Just over 5 mil

Benfica will not sell Miguel for less than 13 million euros! Besides, Juve want's Miguel for the next season.

Damn, thread is old.

Yes people, Benfica's on top, and you can whine as much as you want about the referees' help, 'cause they took more from us than they give us.

We're gonna take both the League and the Cup whether you like it or not, that's what we are, we love to be hated, that's what makes us stronger!

Now let's hope they don't start selling everyone again, we just need a little attacking adjustment and better results will come next year.

You had 10 years and still couldn't get close to us, that shows just what we are.

28th league coming this way, 25th cup after it... Força Benfica

Doping said:
28th league coming this way, 25th cup after it... Força Benfica

28th League?Are you forget the 1935/36, 1936/37 'n' 1937/38 Leagues? If we win this year will be the 31th Championship.

P.S.: I hope than we can win the 25th Portuguese Cup... :P

Did I say 28th? Wtf's wrong with me :|

Well today it's all or nothing, I'm expecting a 2-0 for a us and a draw from Porto :D

Today's is another classic match, SL Benfica Vs Sporting.

It's the game of the Championship and both teams need to win, who win this important match will be the Portuguese champion. Both teams have the same number of points (61pts).
Sporting will go to play very weak offensively due to absence of Liedson for accumulation of yellow cards. But the Benfica will go in the maximum power with counting on Nuno Gomes and Manuel Fernandes for tbe big derby!

I hope that the Benfica wins this game.

FORÇA BENFICA!

Re: SL Benfica Supporters Thread [LISBON DERBY] SLB Vs Sporting Lisbon -> TODAY!

I hope that defence gets back to what it was a couple of weeks ago... And that Nuno Gomes finally decides to score some goals and Simao decides to shoot from the outside, as well as Geovanni. Petit and M. Fernandes are doing it very well, sometime it has to go in :)

Well I'm really hoping and I think we have got a huge chance against Sporting because what's been running from us the past 10 years is just coming to us, we can't let it past...

FORÇA BENFICA E SERA'S CAMPEAO!

Back
Top Bottom