Slow and stuttering gameplay on my PC.

I'll have a mess around with various settings, and see if it helps at all.

[EDIT] Nah no joy, I've tried most of the usual troubleshooting methods- I really think the game needs to be patched in order to fix this issue. I'm no expert but perhaps it's some kind of memory caching issue- as after about '6mins' (of a 15min game)- the game runs a lot smoother. In fact there is no stuttering if I play another game straight after the first one. It's like when playing an FPS game where it loads in the textures from time to time before one can move, but once they're loaded, free movement is then possible. It's obviously a programming error as my system is more than capable of running the game.[EDIT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange. PES has alwasys stuttered on 75hz for me but as soon as I try 60hz all is well. Same issue with PES6. You guys sure you don't have refresh lock on?

the only solution is to play a quick game before start ML !

then the game run perfect ;-)

20captain said:
the only solution is to play a quick game before start ML !

then the game run perfect ;-)

doesnt run perfect runs ok nothing more there is still the odd stutter every so often.

The same problem, but I made some modifications in ATI CATALYST and the game runs ok... but not perfect for my machine...

INTEL C2D E6600 2.4GHz 775 FSB1066 4MB BOX
Radeon X1950XTX 512MB PCI-E
Asus P5B Intel P965 SK775
2 x 1024 DDR2 PC5400
160GB SataII 8MB
Coolermaster Centurion 5 (CAC-T05) with Coolermaster I-Green ATX V2.2 Active 430W with eu cable, ROHS
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Bulk
Creative Inspire 6100

Any solution? :roll:

this is an absolute joke you spend money on a game they've been making for months and it fucking stutters and is laggy on high-end pc's

this is my system

AMD Athlon 64 Processor
3500+
1.00Gb of Ram

and the game stutters, there better be a fucking patch soon its a joke

anyone got any ways to remedy the stutter yet?

I'm sick of it- they must have known about the issues- they don't give a damn about their customers. At the very least, they should had a patch available for the day of release!!

I think it is the actual game that is the problem, I have a Alien Ware SLI rig with 2 6800GT's in it, and it is choppy as hell, I also had the same problem last year when I had a ATI card in my old PC. Shame on Konami as it just the usual 'lets sort out the PS2 users and bollocks to everyone else'. cHRIST i am even considering converting to FIFA (Cough, tho that would be sacriledge)

JAMES100279 said:
I think it is the actual game that is the problem, I have a Alien Ware SLI rig with 2 6800GT's in it, and it is choppy as hell, I also had the same problem last year when I had a ATI card in my old PC. Shame on Konami as it just the usual 'lets sort out the PS2 users and bollocks to everyone else'. cHRIST i am even considering converting to FIFA (Cough, tho that would be sacriledge)

If it's a game problem then why some people are not having this issues?

lazoli said:
If it's a game problem then why some people are not having this issues?

It must be OUR fault then! Funny though... all of my other games work perfectly. :/

They have actually acknowledged that there is a problem, and are therefore working on a patch to resolve the issue.

iop said:
It must be OUR fault then! Funny though... all of my other games work perfectly. :/

I am not saying it's our fault. It can't be our fault! Just a question! If it's a game problem why some of us can play the game perfectly?

lazoli said:
I am not saying it's our fault. It can't be our fault! Just a question! If it's a game problem why some of us can play the game perfectly?

I would love to know what the common denominator is- it can't be an ATI problem, because people with NVidia graphics cards experience it too. All of my drivers are up to date.

X1800XL
A64 +3200 Winchester (single core)
1GB PC3200 DDR
Audigy 2

Like I said before, perhaps it's a memory caching issue, but that is only a guess...

Blanco said:
I have the issue, but play the game for 5 minutes and the stuttering will stop. It looks like the game needs to be cached or so.

I have an ATI radion 9600 pro 256Mb, AMD 2000+ with 1024 Mb RAM

i agree with you
i almost got the same setup (radeon 9600 XT, sempron 3000+ and 1 gb of ram) as you
i got a clean windows xp + sp2 install
after a few minutes its ok, its quite annoying though
it was the same kind of problem with half life 2
i cant believe so many people have a nice configuration and this problem
how did konami let that bug ?

Last edited:
From the 'Read me' file I did this:

'Reduce the hardware sound acceleration level: Click on the Windows Start button, select Run, type "dxdiag," press Enter, click on the Sound Tab, and slide the Hardware Sound Acceleration bar to "Basic" or "None."'

This greatly improved the stutter for me, although the game runs faster when you set it to 'None'.

Hope this helps. Although still not perfect, it did get rid of loads of the annoying stutter.

Let me know if this works for you guys.

The above doesn't work for me, I tried switching it to single core affinity.

The only thing i found to get a better framerate is to switch vsync OFF! And then it just stutters from 60-10fps for no apparent reason, its just so annoying makes no difference if i leave the game running for a while either.

:( I am at a real loss as very little is helping me.

dirtschmooz said:
From the 'Read me' file I did this:

'Reduce the hardware sound acceleration level: Click on the Windows Start button, select Run, type "dxdiag," press Enter, click on the Sound Tab, and slide the Hardware Sound Acceleration bar to "Basic" or "None."'

This greatly improved the stutter for me, although the game runs faster when you set it to 'None'.

Hope this helps. Although still not perfect, it did get rid of loads of the annoying stutter.

Let me know if this works for you guys.

Unfortunately that doesn't help in my case- and when set to 'none' the stuttering is actually worse. As the problem disappears from the second match onwards (and gets less in the first match after a few minutes), I still think it's a memory caching issue- or it would ALWAYS happen (i.e. in EVERY match).

A programming error that needs to be rectified.
The wait for a PATCH continues...

ive fixed the problem on mine. i just set the refresh rate to 60hz, game graphics on medium, 800,600 res. runs smoothly now. i have a radeon 9800 pro.

I solved the problem, download Direct X 9.0, set the resolution to 1024 x 768 and set quality to the lowest and my stutter completely vanishes. AVE IT!

Back
Top Bottom