Slowing down during play - after upgrade to AMD x2

dutchman

Non-League
12 February 2006
I've upgrade my system from a P4 2.4 system to a AMD x2 3800+, upgrade mb, cpu and PSU
Still running same memory, ATI x800XL vid card + 2gig corsair ram.

Before the upgrade PES5 was running brilliant, 1280x960, high settings, no slowdown at all

Now it runs okay, but when there's corners, free kicks or a lot happening onscreen it slows down quite a lot. Weird thing is I've run FRAPS and let it monitor a whole game, and my fps never drops below 50.
I've tried to put PES5.exe to just one of the cpu cores, it makes no difference.
Tried the MS KB fix for dual core systems, no difference
Tried a few different graphics drivers including the ATI omega drivers, this has made no difference

Any other ideas apart from downgrading ?

Hi,

I have the same problem.....always 50+ fps, but a lot of slowdowns during a match...also tried the omega drivers, but no success. However i didn't upgrade to an AMD x2, so that's not the problem...i also read about those slowdowns on highend-PCs in other forums, but nobody could give a solution. Any help?

Open up the task manager, look for the pes exe file, right-click it, and chose "high" from the context-menu.

that *may* fix it!

It's an issue with the dual core processors

Did you put a power cable to your graphic card?

I have ge-force 6600.... and it needs extra power;

i am having a slow down aswell i have a p4 3.6mhz processor 1 GB of RAM and a ATI 9200 AGP Graphics card and it run pes6 really slow, they have screwd up pes6 on the pc, I will wait for the patch to come out within the next day or so.

Well, i'm also talking about PES5, however i guess it'll be the same problem with PES6. And i can't believe that nobody found a solution yet. No pes-proof driver or settings?

damianpadden said:
i am having a slow down aswell i have a p4 3.6mhz processor 1 GB of RAM and a ATI 9200 AGP Graphics card and it run pes6 really slow, they have screwd up pes6 on the pc, I will wait for the patch to come out within the next day or so.
so what.

you could have a AMD X2 5000 paired with a Radeon 8500 and you would still get crap FPS.. it depends on the Video card.. you would need a 9600XT at LEAST to get sufficient FPS for PES5/PES6.

i would try upgrading the video card drivers. PES6 might not be optimised with some drivers... or not. also remember to turn off AA and AF while playing if it's lagging..

Jacks83 said:
ALWAYS play with a 60Hz refresh rate. ;)
why? i ALWAYS play PES5 @ 1024x768 @ 85Hz. it's perfectly fine on my 6600GT AGP.

EDIT: I KNOW THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM WITH DUAL CORE OWNERS!
OKAY. you need to go download a AMD dual core driver for it. Also there should be a launcher for AMD Dual cores which you can launch PES6 from and make it have only 1 single core running it. This happened to my Brothers new X2 3800 pc and the drivers fixed it. Only the problem was with WC3 and not PES6. but it's a common problem with dual core and some games.

Last edited:
xinzhitan14 said:
so what.

you could have a AMD X2 5000 paired with a Radeon 8500 and you would still get crap FPS.. it depends on the Video card.. you would need a 9600XT at LEAST to get sufficient FPS for PES5/PES6.

i would try upgrading the video card drivers. PES6 might not be optimised with some drivers... or not. also remember to turn off AA and AF while playing if it's lagging..

why? i ALWAYS play PES5 @ 1024x768 @ 85Hz. it's perfectly fine on my 6600GT AGP.

EDIT: I KNOW THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM WITH DUAL CORE OWNERS!
OKAY. you need to go download a AMD dual core driver for it. Also there should be a launcher for AMD Dual cores which you can launch PES6 from and make it have only 1 single core running it. This happened to my Brothers new X2 3800 pc and the drivers fixed it. Only the problem was with WC3 and not PES6. but it's a common problem with dual core and some games.

sound to me that the game isnt outputting at 60hz on your monitor.

Back
Top Bottom