Smackdown vs Raw 2007 xbox 360

Coopz

Retired Footballer
27 April 2002
Demos out on live now

seems pretty much the same as the ps2 ones

graphics are fantastic and there a a few new little moves in there

Looks and plays nice. Gameplay is slowed down from previous smackdowns, and you cant just use same moves over and over again. Create a Wrestler has always been great in this series. Not a huge leap forward but still enough additions to make me want to get the full game.

Some Controls :)

Grapple RB + Left,Down,Right,or Up
Perform Grapple RS Left,Down,Right, or Up
RS Total Control Moves Start any one of the power grapples and then click the RS down.
Run Y Button
Strikes X Button
Irish Whip RB + A
Power Irish Whip Hold RB + A
Pick up opponent RS or RB + A
Drag Opponent On The Ground, Hold the RS down and move them.
Drag A Standing Opponent, initiate a grapple and then use the LS to walk them where you want, that's also how you start the hot spot animations.
Store Special LT + LB
Use Special LB, and any direction on the LS and hit LB for the second finisher.
Grab weapons, crowd signs etc. A button
Remove the announcing table tops, Press the A button, or drag the opponent over to the table to choke him with the monitor wire.
Climb Scaffolding in the fan area, A Button

Last edited:
APX There are 2 types of grapple. The RB+ RS grapple is a Tough grapple. Just tapping the RS in the direction desired gives you an Ordinary grapple.

DJ

jumbo said:
not impressed. same old, same old.

they still havent even changed the graphical enginge since SD3.....
Yeah i think its because they're still developing for current gen consoles thats why they cant do much atm, but for certain it still looks gorgeous which i think is the best they can do, until they go full next-gen, cnat wait :)

i think the gameplay is great in this!

been following the smackdown series since the first and yes this is the best...as far as im concerned as long as they improve each year its good

I still cant figue out how to put people on tables :)

i like how u can do a finisher on a table easily now

Irish whip them MrCoopz?

Anyways has someone been able to take tables ect to the ring from the crowd area, is that possible?

Last edited:
I dont think so. But I imagine the full game will let you pull a table out from under the ring.

jumbo said:
not impressed. same old, same old.

they still havent even changed the graphical enginge since SD3.....

With all due respect, you're talking complete bollocks about the graphics.

RuneEdge said:
I dont think so. But I imagine the full game will let you pull a table out from under the ring.

Definitely, but it'll depend on the match type you choose.

Although there is some differences in movement it still had to be a direct port to the PS2, so sadly we won't see anything new like that until next years game where it should be all next gen.

My mate has played this (he has played and loved every Smackdown Since the 1st one on PS1) and he cannot stand this. He likes the graphics but is annoyed at how the controls are and how most of the time you dont stand a chance when Kane attacks you. Most Reversals dont work and he finds the new control scheme to be frustrating and too complex compared to the simple layout from the original games.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
My mate has played this (he has played and loved every Smackdown Since the 1st one on PS1) and he cannot stand this. He likes the graphics but is annoyed at how the controls are and how most of the time you dont stand a chance when Kane attacks you. Most Reversals dont work and he finds the new control scheme to be frustrating and too complex compared to the simple layout from the original games.

DJ
I wouldnt say the controls are crap, they're just different. The series has used the same button layout for years so its natural that people complained when they changed them. I think they're potentially better cuz it allows you to squeeze in more commands.

Yes it takes little more skill to pull reversals in this game. But there´s even a indicator that shows when to press reversal buttons. I think Kane is much harder opponent than HHH in this demo, maybe he has better moves? Still i like that i can´t always win Kane. Now there´s more use for Stamina and Momentum meters.

djdoc360 said:

DJ

Does he know you can change the control type to how it was on SD VS RAW 06?

How do you change the control type to type C? if thats poss he will be happy.

DJ

bluemonkeymagic said:
confirmed today by gamingring that each wrestler will have three attires

this is huge! anyone who follows this series will appriciate that!

Great news.I hope this applys also to CAWs. Also nice little thing i noticed from Chris Benoits IGN movies, when he does his crossface finisher commentator and crowd noise tune down and you can hear the wrestlers grrs and growls. It seems there are small things like that added allover to the game.

bluemonkeymagic said:
confirmed today by gamingring that each wrestler will have three attires

this is huge! anyone who follows this series will appriciate that!

Confirmed by Jeremy Dunham from IGN they won't.

I think it's more so the case of the amount of attires from Smackdown SYM or HCTP, MOST will have 3 attires but quite a few will just have 1.

Alternate Attire *UPDATE*

We did a follow up with THQ on the alternate attire question to clear things up, and here is the ruling.....

"Charles,

This was an interpretation error on our end. Apologies.

We only have three alternate attire options total in the game - not three for each SuperStar. The SuperStars with alternate attire are JBL, Triple H and Kane.

THQ, Rep..."

Straight from Gamingring.

Last edited:
yeah saw it this morning, these jokers have done this so much this year

they guess the legends then pulled them off

then claimed custom soundtracks...

now the attires

I heard from my source today that you can have 250 man royal rumbles and that you can have sex with all the women...

no wait sorry, I was making that up!

Back
Top Bottom