So, which winning eleven was the best on ps2?

karimifreak

Non-League
19 March 2006
plz dont say we10 just because it got released 2 weeks ago and you wanna make yourself happys.. sorry everyone, but compare it to how winning eleven 9 improved to its previous edition.. winning eleven 10 is shit. some stuff removed, some stupid errors, not even a single touch in the graphics.. lags like winning eleven 8 or even worse. and i dont even wanna talk about the goalies!! this is what i see already from the first week

they rushed it for the sake of the WC but that was a bad move by seabass.. if the excuse was "space limit" then better leave it as it is

if i give it a 7.5/10 im being more than fair

i think we7 & we9 were the best ones on ps2

For me :

9.5/10 : WE9
9/10 WE8 Liveware Evolution
8/10 WE6 Final Evolution
8/10 WE7 International
8/10 WE7
7/10 WE8
6/10 WE10
6/10 WE6

And my opinion about the PES :

PES5 : 9/10
PES1 : 9/10
PES3 : 8/10
PES4 : 7/10
PES2 : 6/10

So, for me, the best version for Playstation2 was Winning Eleven 9.
I think PES5, PES1 and WE8LE were very well balance games.
And the worst are : WE6, PES2 and the definitively borining WE10 !!!

KAiWAi said:
For me :

8/10 WE6 Final Evolution
8/10 WE7 International
8/10 WE7
7/10 WE8
6/10 WE10
6/10 WE6

excellent ratings! i agree with you

i hope im wrong though about winning eleven 10, sometimes a game sucks until you notice it doesnt with time. but that has never happened in any winning eleven

this is very disappointing

we10 rocks!!!! lol nah but seriously good scores gotta agree but something tells me that we10 is tooooo arcadey-ish....... probably just me lol

peace out people!!!!

I've played almost all Pro evo's and Winning Eleven's, but I must confess that Winning Eleven 10 is one of my alltime favorites!

@: KAiWAi, did you've sold your Winning Eleven 10 copy already? ;)

Last edited:
I never had more fun with these games than playing ISS Pro Evolution 2 on PS1 - but I think the best one overall was WE8LE. Hard to say though, things can sometimes seem better in your memory. In fact, I might dig it out and play it now, to see how it really compares with WE10...

Its difficult because i play mostly the MasterLeague so i couldn't play an older version without the slight MasterLeague enhancements.

WE10 is the best i feel apart from its too easy to go around the keepers

WE8-9 are almost identical to many bad bugs like transfer problems and no weather and terrible or non existent refs.

WE7I Japan is the best before WE10

strange, but seems anyone here played WE5 , it was the first WE for ps2....for me definatly the best! it was the one i had the most fun by miles away!
and one thing i have to say, WE5 was tottaly diferent from PES ...PES was more like we5FE....

well i know you guys asked the best PS2 WE...but i must say that my favorite all time WE was without doubt WE2000 U-23 (PSone) with the U-23 olimpic squads..that was a great game!

WE10 - Best to date.

WE8LWE is too old and WE9 sucks..if you wanna have ref whiste foul for nothing 1 billion times then go with WE9..smooth gameplay with nice refs and all = WE10

I dont know what the jap equivalent of ISS Pro Evo 2 on the PS1 was but that would be my all-time fav followed closely by WE9 and WE6FE.

i was one of many who completely slated we10 when i had it for the first few days ....just felt way too arcade like and easy versus WE9. But after sticking with it for a little while and then going back to WE9 i started to appreciate WE10 a whole lot more.

Yes it's a bit too fluid and the GK's completely suck ass and crossing from outside the box is now almost ruined but no version is perfect. Opening up 6 stars has helped with the challenge aspect ....5 stars i find way too easy.

It's far from perfect but when i go back to WE9 it feels awfully sloppy with regards to passing and general play and also extremely difficult after being with WE10 for a bit.....maybe i need to go back to some older versions and see how they fare now.

WE10 is defintely growing on me

WE10 is not doing it for me, far too arcadey.

Biggest 'jump' in quality on PS2 is WE5FE --> WE6, the game really improved massively.

Overall, best PS2 version is probably WE8LE, nicely balanced game as WE9 is too defensive and WE10 too attacking.

went back to we9jleague for the past 2 days... can honestly say that we10 is better... smoother gameplay, better animations, etc...

further, we9jl was better than we9 & pes5... so i gotta say that we10 is the best we got... the GKs are probably the only downside, but with a little tweak it can be resolved... i increased top speed, acceleration, agility, gk skill, and aggresiveness for all keepers and it now plays incredibly realistic.

ps. i'm refering to multiplayer here (ie, playing with mates), which is what really matters... if you're talking about single player, that's something different and i would probably have to rethink things... but with repsect to multiplayer, its we10, and easily too.

we10 is a peace of shit! it should by football simulation, and it is arcade shit! many palyers moves are unreal. the deffence moves like idiots and it's very difficult to cut the pass. I was waiting for we10 with hope to play something special, and they give us shit! I hope PES6 will be diffrent in all aspects.

wtf. i didn't except people would ever hate we10, this game is THE BEST so far, then comes we8Le, the worst in history is WE9!

sonyericsson666 said:
this game is THE BEST so far

You cannot be serious, mate ;)

All Winning Eleven versions that were 'evolution' versions were better than the original versions. I'm absolutely sure they will tweak this new one just the same way for PES6, just like they did with WE9 which was am utter disgrace...

Btw, I do not hate WE10, I just think there are better WE versions, that's all :)

For me :

8/10 : WE9 (8 because chipping is too hard)
8/10 WE8 Liveware Evolution
9.5/10 WE6 Final Evolution (passing,chipping and shooting perfect)
8/10 WE7 International (chipping no good)
8/10 WE7
7/10 WE8
9.5/10 WE10
6/10 WE6

KAiWAi said:
For me :

8/10 WE6 Final Evolution
8/10 WE7 International
8/10 WE7
7/10 WE8
6/10 WE10
6/10 WE6

Totally agree

But for me PES1 is slightly better than PES5, I can't believe that Konami have never been able to recreate the balance of PES1 as that game was class

1)WE6FE
2)WE8LE
3)WE9JL

Have to play a lot more WE10 to see how it stands against the old ones. Time will tell.

PES1 was terrible i remember you could tell if you were going to score as soon as you crossed it for example as the moves were all staged in advance the only WE/PES game to be laie that.

Back
Top Bottom