SOCOM beta

Radiation

Golden Boot Winner
6 February 2006
Widnes
Newcastle United
Seeing as we can make our own private games I thought it might be worth starting a thread where we can organise some games.

Firstly - who has the beta so we can work out how many we have.

I think the minimum players for a game is 4 vs 4. I'm pretty sure we don't have 8 people with the beta but who knows. We might all have friends outside of evoweb with the beta to bump up the numbers.

im installing it right now but come saturday evening and all day sunday im available to play with u lot. gunna have a quick go on it now

I read the servers have gone tits up since the US came into the ßeta this evening. Does changing your region in Options actually do anything?

i have tried it. first impressions well its not has good as mgo or bf bc but its close though.

whats missing from this game is that its not has solid has MGO in terms of gameplay, MGO is soooo smooth and crisp in terms of animation and flow of the game. this game is abit "heavy" and sluggish if you know what i mean.

another king is that there is no actual scope/zoom button like in mgo and bf bc. to zoom/use your scope, you have to press the "up" dpad multiple times to change the view!

The sound is not has good as BF BC. so far im in a server with about 20+ people and the game feels empty and limited. doesnt feel like a warzone tbh. its too quiete like in RE vegas2

graphical wise, only the light and shadow effects are great but the rest are kind of awful especialy teh water effects

Trust me lads your not missing much from this socom beta

Last edited:
There are scopes, you need to change the gun to the M14 and then add attachments.

Everything is sluggish right now.

I'll have a spare beta code next week when the Qore people get theirs (12th) So i'll be able to give that away here for anyone who wants it - i believe mjsmith was after one in the chatbox and missed them by about 10 minutes.

I think alright but as said in PS3 thread yesterday only downside is lag at times and zoom down site being on D-Pad.

Also menus feel all sluggish and unresponsive aswell.

I'll have a spare beta code next week when the Qore people get theirs (12th) So i'll be able to give that away here for anyone who wants it - i believe mjsmith was after one in the chatbox and missed them by about 10 minutes.

Yeah I'll have it if there's a spare one :TU:.

Had to go to work so missed out on getting one :DOH:

Hmmm

Go to the Playstation Store and purchase the first episode of Qore. Inside of Qore there is an option to download the Socom beta. That download will become active on the 12th. You can probably share it by giving your PSN to someone else and letting them log in and download Qore to their PS3. Other then that its probably not possible.

Just found this

Yes it's game shareable and you can share it up to five PS3 units (or PSN users). I see a flood of PSN trade topics and I do not encourage you guys to trade dollars of content for some stupid beta. Anyway just to let you know for people who have the SOCOM beta can share it to others.

I was going to ask for a spare code but what are people thinking of it so far? I'm hearing mixed things.

Found this on gamefaqs which has been filled with people complaining about the game once they're in and playing it.

I swear, a lot of people jsut whine because they're used to coming back alive everytime they die.

Well sorry, but Socom 1 through 3 was just like this, and they required real skill. Not so fast paced, and you don't just throw your life away running around like a chicken with their head cut off.

COD and BF are fun games, but I grow tired of them each time I play them for 15 minutes. Everyone is just rushing, no one is talking to build a strategy, and it's way harder to make friends on COD.

SOCOM requires a lot of strategy and communication. Once the real game launches you guys will see how much funner it is communicating and planning out for the next round. And you guys will love it when you are the last man on your team, everyoen is relying on you to win it for them, and you're facing 3 or 4 people and with pure strategy you kill all of them by outsmarting them.

This is just my two cents, but I didn't enjoy COD, but it has a lot of good ideas. I just don't like respawn, and the bomb thing in COD just didn't feel as tactical as SOCOM 2.

But i'm sure the only people that understand are SOCOM vets like me who have played SOCOM and SOCOM 2 to death.

Yeah SOCOM is brilliant...when I actually get to play a game. I have had a lot of network initialisation errors and also the game has crashed numerous times but then again its only a beta. I hope everything is fixed for the October release because by the looks of it im definetly getting it. Also the official Sony bluetooth headset is an added bonus.

Back
Top Bottom