Someone please give us feedback for PES5 on 360!!

ANKLUD

Non-League
22 May 2003
AS ROMA
as i said anyone has tried pes5 on xbox 360? how is its backward compatibility? is it widescreen?

I am sorry i am in europe and i cant just wait :)

i looked all around the web and the backward compatibility sound scary in many ways, apart from halo 2 that people say its better than on the regular xbox the other games seems to have framerate issues and the lack of widescreen with two orrible rendered black bars on the side of the image.

i hoped something better, i was really waiting for PES HD...

anyway i am still hoping something, at least because konamy declare full compatibility of pes 5 over theirs website:

http://uk.gs.konami-europe.com/news.do?idNews=133

well we'll see

PES5 won't play on the US 360 (already been tried!) but will play on the UK 360 when released. When WE9:I is released in FEb/Mar for the regular XBox, it'll will play (with no enhancements obviously) on the US 360.

tnx, you are right, i didnt consider that in the us you dont have pes but you have wei, i was looking for somethingh that dosent exist...
the backward compatibility list from microsoft fooled me...
well.. tnx again

I am one of the lucky ones that got hold on a 360, and have played a little around with pes5. Everything seems to work just fine, the controller is soo much better suited for pes5 en the game looks crispier then on the xbox. So far for the good points. The bad thing is that I'm not able to play it in widescreen, I got 2 black bars on the side of the picture so I get 4:3 instead of 16:9. I don't have the time to fiddle around with it right now, but I give you guys some feedback when I can test some more.

tnx for the feedback, its a shame that its not widesreen but i was expecting something like that.

the strange thing is that a guy "in the pes5 720 post" say that he can play widescreen even on xbox1 without streching..
i have never played pes on xbox(only ps2) but sound strange..

Now i luckly have a 360 and i dont know if it is worth to buy pes5 even for this system.

mushr00m said:
I am one of the lucky ones that got hold on a 360, and have played a little around with pes5. Everything seems to work just fine, the controller is soo much better suited for pes5 en the game looks crispier then on the xbox. So far for the good points. The bad thing is that I'm not able to play it in widescreen, I got 2 black bars on the side of the picture so I get 4:3 instead of 16:9. I don't have the time to fiddle around with it right now, but I give you guys some feedback when I can test some more.

-no framerate drop issues?
-and can you connect to xboxlive?

can someone update some info on this? has anyone solved the widescreen issue? What about option files is there any way to get it across?

i have it and can say there are no framerate and i have played from my 360 against my bother on xbox with no problems either side and the controller is absolutely class for pro -evo

stumpy_uk said:
i have it and can say there are no framerate and i have played from my 360 against my bother on xbox with no problems either side and the controller is absolutely class for pro -evo

go away !!! so you play pes5 on 360 with sharper image, better controles, no frameratedrops and online against xbox on live?

hullybul said:
go away !!! so you play pes5 on 360 with sharper image, better controles, no frameratedrops and online against xbox on live?

I wouldn't say with sharper image, but I haven't noticed any framerate issues. The controller is definately 100% (no black button) and yes I have played a few people

This is the main screen in xbox360 live.....

does it play in widescreen? with or without stretch? someone said it didnt.

Have you tried to transfer an option file (right names and kits) to 360? Give it a go if you havent would really like to know the results before i go and buy evo for the xbox (got ps2 version)

there is no widescreen option and is therefore still stretched if you play it.

I haven't tried an option file but will give it a go...

I have a widescreen laptop and used to play PES4 stretched on it. Looked really good. Just bought a new 40" HD Ready LCD telly with a resolution of 1366x768.

If I get a 360 I will be sure to pick up a VGA cable so I can set the resolution to 1360x768...

ok i rented pes5 and tried it on the 360.

The game look sharper and no framerate drops but its 4/3 fixed, the 360 output 720p rendering the black side bars. So at least in my tv (klv-s32a10) its impossible to resize the screen.

I suppose that if you output the 360 at 480p you can resize the screen but you can play that way even on xbox or ps2.

at the end its a stupid situation cause you want to play pes on 360 only if you have hdtv but all hdtv are 16/9 and you cant output hd resolution neither 16/9 nor streched or zoomed..

well i have it now on the 360;
-framerate exactly the same (so perfect!)
-sharper textures, less blurry
-controler is awesome
-xboxlive works perfect

KOP_007 said:
I have a widescreen laptop and used to play PES4 stretched on it. Looked really good. Just bought a new 40" HD Ready LCD telly with a resolution of 1366x768.

If I get a 360 I will be sure to pick up a VGA cable so I can set the resolution to 1360x768...

now mate, ive a 32" hd lcd, will i get better res with a 360 vga cable rather than a the 360 hd component cable???

hullybul said:

hullybul said:
well i have it now on the 360;
-framerate exactly the same (so perfect!)
-sharper textures, less blurry
-controler is awesome
-xboxlive works perfect

HullyBul...so one minute you tell me go away when i post about it then you say the same things a few posts later...for shame on you!!!!

stumpy_uk said:
HullyBul...so one minute you tell me go away when i post about it then you say the same things a few posts later...for shame on you!!!!

well in the meantime i bought a 360; pes5 i've got already..

johnthekingsingh said:
now mate, ive a 32" hd lcd, will i get better res with a 360 vga cable rather than a the 360 hd component cable???

I'm a liitle unsure, dependss on the max resolution of your LCD I think.

Component can do the normal Hi Def resolutions which are...err...1280x720 and 1980x1024 (don't hold me to that).

My reasoning is that since my LCD is 1366x768, with a VGA cable, the 360 can output at much more resoltions (including 1360x768) - which is almost a perfect match for my LCD.

To be honest though, I don't know if it will make that much difference. But see what res you LCD goes up to and make a decision.

I got a little tip for those how got no Xbox-live Gold.
There are a 12 month Pes5 bundle out there for about 85 Euro´s. Now I got PES5 for my 360 and an gold account for my new 360. :)
But why can´t I change the black and white button setting ... ????

I think the resolution is higher when playing on XBOX 360. Easier to recognize the players. The fact that theres no widescreen sucks tho. But still I think its the best game on XBOX 360 at the moment :)

Next PES is gonna blow our minds, and it's going to be widescreen, finally.

Does anyone experience lag with the Pro Evo 5 on Xbox 360 Live? I am playing fine, but only in the first half! The second half becomes laggy and unresponsive! God knows, i have lost more than ten matches by this situation? Can anyone help me?

Lyvean said:
Does anyone experience lag with the Pro Evo 5 on Xbox 360 Live? I am playing fine, but only in the first half! The second half becomes laggy and unresponsive! God knows, i have lost more than ten matches by this situation? Can anyone help me?

yeah 2nd half the other person hosts.

Back
Top Bottom