Something I'm missing on Manual Passing?

rexrex

Conference
17 June 2005
Okay- I just started learning manual passing. Seems easy enough. I changed it to where I just have to tap the right stick, instead of pressing down R3.

The problem is- it doesn't seem manual at all. I tell it to go NE, it sends the ball N to the player up top. But the reason I hit NE was to put the ball in front of him, so he can get there w/o slowing down. Why does it decide where to put my ball?

Am I missing something?

(And please don't respond if you're just gonna say "Manual Passing is rubbish and can lick my balls". Thanks for the thought, but I just want to hear from people who have gotten it to work.)

Last edited:
Would you be trying to pass with your first touch by any chance?

I find that sometimes if I string about 3-4 manual passes together, maybe two of them will be as you described, no power bar appears and it usually goes straight to the guy.
I know it sounds odd, but try to overdo the angle (if you know what I mean), sometimes it takes a bit more of a horizontal angle to break the CPU out of that homing manual pass. Be warned, sometimes it can fuck up severly having to do this, I've passed it straight to an opposing midfielder a fair few times, but unless you're unlucky enough to mess up with 25m of your own goal then you should be ok. :)

I hate having to press down R3 but if I turn it off, I cant do the 360 Spin anymore. :(

dar83 said:
Would you be trying to pass with your first touch by any chance?

I find that sometimes if I string about 3-4 manual passes together, maybe two of them will be as you described, no power bar appears and it usually goes straight to the guy.
I know it sounds odd, but try to overdo the angle (if you know what I mean), sometimes it takes a bit more of a horizontal angle to break the CPU out of that homing manual pass. Be warned, sometimes it can fuck up severly having to do this, I've passed it straight to an opposing midfielder a fair few times, but unless you're unlucky enough to mess up with 25m of your own goal then you should be ok. :)
Yup I find I'm successfuly with manual passes as long as I'm not them FIRST time basically. IF i'm controlling ball and passing it, it's fine and accurate and not random but if I try to do a first time manual pass.. what Dar said happens usually, so now I avoid that.

Back
Top Bottom