Something Wrong

fd1972uk

---------------------
9 January 2002
Glasgow
Celtic
Not sure what is wrong here, but there is something wrong when I'm posting on here (I know, that's nothing new).I can't choose any smilies, the writing seems smaller when I start typing in the Post Box, even though everything else is fine. Can't choose any of the option either i.e. Bold, Images etc etc. Also when I quote it comes up weird as heck with
< p > all over the place. Also I'm not sure how this post will turn out but it doesn't space out. There should be 4 paragraphs in this post.Any ideas.Btw, all other internet sites are fine and no problems.FD

Last edited:
fd1972uk said:
Not sure what is wrong here, but there is something wrong when I'm posting on here (I know, that's nothing new).I can't choose any smilies, the writing seems smaller when I start typing in the Post Box, even though everything else is fine. Can't choose any of the option either i.e. Bold, Images etc etc. Also when I quote it comes up weird as heck with
< p > all over the place. Also I'm not sure how this post will turn out but it doesn't space out. There should be 4 paragraphs in this post.Any ideas.Btw, all other internet sites are fine and no problems.FD
Hmmm, something is amiss, it looks like JavaScript is no longer working.

I'll look into it, cheers for the warning.

I guess it's a feature of the upgrade but when I used to click Forum Tools and the top of any froum is would have a pop-under menu that appeared really quick with all the options but now it takes a couple of seconds to load and it moves to the bottum of the page where the options are now.

Everyone has the problem, it's just whether or not people have noticed I think. :)

I'm in contact with VB so hopefully a solution won't be too far away, we're also not the only ones reporting the problem though it definitely doesn't affect every forum since the new upgrade (3.5.1).

I'll post any updates here in the meantime.

Aye same as FD says, loads of bobbins problem, plus return dont seem to do it's job properly

Yeah i've had the problems with selecting bold etc. Another thing. It seems as if when you select to post an image. It wraps it in a URL too and thus just posts a link and not the image. It's all a bit Pete Tong.

Yep same here, this is like only the second time I've been able to get on in the last 2 days. Always getting a server error :(

There have been shenanigans with our domain name causing it to be suspended. The site has not been fully accessible over the last couple of days because of this. It's on the way back now so should be 100% by tomorrow.

The other problems with lack of scripting etc. for posts and menus has been fixed and is working fine for me. Is it back to normal for everyone?

Well i have not been able to get on since yesterday mroning until now.

The front page is not working and this is the 1st time since monday that i have been able to get onto the forum

the domain changed rite?

it used to be evo-web.co.uk/forums
now its forums.evo-web.co.uk :) no wonder i couldnt get in for the whole day...

PX said:
the domain changed rite?

it used to be evo-web.co.uk/forums
now its forums.evo-web.co.uk :) no wonder i couldnt get in for the whole day...

Both should work. For me they did and still do.

Lads

I'm not sure if it is my error but i no longer see "option to create poll" anymore. Just askin if its a fault by me or is forum still getting updated.

Nothing should've changed with the polls, I still have an option when posting a new topic. I'll have a look into it for you, has anyone else got the same problem?

rockykabir said:
I dunno whether its related but I saw a couple of vbulletin boards going down lately :s - but it wasn't a domain name prob
There was a big upgrade to VB recently and quite a few people have had problems with it. It all looks to be easily fixed though, we would've been ok but the domain name thing spoilt it. :)

Back
Top Bottom