Sony PlayStation 3

Re: Sony PlayStation 3 & 4

Suuuupertalk better not track the driver or else the car may explode only a few blocks from his house!

Ok so serious question, what makes 6 worth buying when you have 5AE and you just bought a PS4? :)

I don't have a PS4 yet although I'm not sure if you're talking hypothetically about yourself in that question. Either way, I haven't played the game yet so I'm not really sure if it is worth the upgrade to be honest if one is planning on putting the PS3 away. Will opine in few days though.

Yeah hypothetically myself really, but even if I didn't have a PS4 it just seems to me that GT5 was developed so late in the life of the PS3 that it probably was the best GT game they could do on current gen so GT6 gives me the impression that it'll just be more of the same rather than moving the series forward? Look forward to your opinions :)

Guess it's a bit of a bummer for PS4 owners that GT6 is on the old console, I know I tend to want to pack the old console away when I get the new one (though at least last time it was a PS2 slim, which was half the size of an after eight mint). I personally thought the handling felt a lot more alive and infinitely more nuanced in the academy demo compared to GT5, but we'll have to see when I put the new bugger through its paces tonight (please, Shopto).

The Last of Us hit the 12 deals today! Go get it if you haven't already!

I don't get that install thing though, a 137 meg download and then the game takes hours showing you an install/download screen. I don't even know if I can pause this thing. Guess I'll just have to leave the PS3 on.

The Last of Us hit the 12 deals today! Go get it if you haven't already!

I don't get that install thing though, a 137 meg download and then the game takes hours showing you an install/download screen. I don't even know if I can pause this thing. Guess I'll just have to leave the PS3 on.

Yea, you have to leave the PS3 on with the loading screen there for it to continue to download. You can quit it and do something else on the PS3 but it will stop downloading until you go back into the game. I think I was able to start playing the game after it downloaded about 60% of the game, I think.

ok nice, and DMC hitting Plus as well.

My list of shame is going to be endless, I can hardly see me finishing half the games I'm getting.

I decided to give DMC a little go last night and ended up going to sleep way too late! Really like it so far, tried the demo a good while ago and wasn't all that impressed, really. I got The Last of US and Beyond in the last few days but I think most of my time will go to this one, for now.

That's for USA isn't it?

Europe is

24th December: DmC Devil May Cry
24th December: Borderlands 2
24th December: Soul Sacrifice
24th December: Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend
8th January: Don’t Starve

yeah so... my ps3 seems to have died. Maybe too many games! I'm almost laughing about it now, It's been one of these days and it was just the thing that would happen to top it all off. Fuck it I'm off to read a book.

yeah so... my ps3 seems to have died. Maybe too many games! I'm almost laughing about it now, It's been one of these days and it was just the thing that would happen to top it all off. Fuck it I'm off to read a book.

what happened exactly? Mine is fucked up also, however i found a way to make it work. It is turning off as soon as i turn it on, if you have the same problem i may have a tricky solution :P

It's the blinking red light of death. It turns off almost right away and blinks red. I would be happy if I could get it to work for a few hours, just to get some of my saves off there.

It's the blinking red light of death. It turns off almost right away and blinks red. I would be happy if I could get it to work for a few hours, just to get some of my saves off there.

:(

Oh well, that´s shit. Mine turns off right imediately after i turn it on and don´t blink anything. I manage to make it turn on inserting a disk and after it´s working don´t have any problem, it works fine for hours. I guess the problem is different in yours.

BTW, mine is a SLIM.

This is my problem:

YouTube - PS3 Slim shuts off after one second!!

Last edited:
Yeah I have an old tv so I couldn't even play a PS4 if I had one! :D

I suppose I could use my computer monitor, but... meh.

@Honome I have seen some videos about how to fix this, some of them are pretty out there (heating the ps3 with a hair dryer) but maybe something will turn up. I have the old bulky one.

Back
Top Bottom