Sony PlayStation 3

Re: PlayStation 3 - Official Thread "Worldwide Launch November 2006"

maybe the expensive-ness of the PS3 is worth it?
because:
ps3hdd3cx.jpg

source: www.joystiq.com

Thought as much ;)
cheers for the info :)

PS3 dev kit on display at the GDC conference in San Jose. Kinda amusing that it is running Windows XP :D

Clicky Here

Am I the only one who thinks the PS3 doesnt even look that nice? I think it looks kinda ugly!

Lol @ LemonJelly.... so they are using an MS operating system to combat against MS!!! :) Kinda Ironic is that!

DJ

djdavedoc said:
Am I the only one who thinks the PS3 doesnt even look that nice? I think it looks kinda ugly!

DJ

Yep its ugly!!!

I dont mind i want a white US one as long as the games are great then i am happy

:) thanks Dead Man, but I spose if the games are good and it does the job its sposed to do then who cares about how it looks?

DJ

Was about to post that, Thomas. :p I think it's awesome though, means I don't have to twat around with my PS2 in order to play WE. I personally don't give a shit about patching, so whatever in that aspect. :)

That is huge news. Any thoughts I had about buying x360 - gone. PS3 is future of console gaming. Thank you Sony!

Aha, but in essence the 360 is 'Region-Free' yet you can't play many import games on it because it was left up to each individual developer to decide whether or not to region code their game. It doesn't mention there whether it's just the machine that's region-free or on top of that whether all developers are also going to be forced to leave their games open to all regions. There might be some big companies not too eager to do that...

exactly. Many Xbox 360 games are infact region free, but a lot of them dont make a song and dance over it. I presume because they dont want to effect sales in different countries, but if thats the case why make it region free in the first place?!

It will be interesting to see whether Konami make WE region free, as it would definately have an impact on PES sales. I for one would just buy the WE version as I like it better.

The only great news about this though is the Sony have actually confirmed it, and actually announced it as a combat to piracy. For that reason alone I believe they will ensure all games are region free.

rockykabir said:
Bear in mind that the sketch is NOT the new design!

better fookin not be! ;)

WE region-free wouldn't not affect the PES sales just like it doesn't now. I would image people would still like to play the game in their native language.

Unless WE is released in 6 language that would eliminate the need for seperate launched all together.

Good news.. Funeral to XBOX360 for sure.

lol Funeral for 360? I dont think so somehow..... But I like your optimism!

DJ

Theres still no NEW footage. The tech demos are the same ones we saw last year.

Nope they are tech demos. Was anyone around when they released PS2 tech demos back in 2000? wow! everyone thought.... did we actually see that sorta quality? Nope!

DJ

But if the Region Free feature is used as a selling point, doesnt that mean developers arent allowed to lock their games even if its possible to do?

RuneEdge said:
But if the Region Free feature is used as a selling point, doesnt that mean developers arent allowed to lock their games even if its possible to do?

EA wont be happy

djdavedoc said:
Nope they are tech demos. Was anyone around when they released PS2 tech demos back in 2000? wow! everyone thought.... did we actually see that sorta quality? Nope!

DJ

I see your lil' xbox 360 avatar assuming that you own one and possibly a die-hard MS/BOX fan I know one thing for sure.. you will be buying PS3 and selling your XBOX very soon :lmao:

lol very funny , I also own a PS2 btw. I might end up with both the 360 and the PS3 if the PS3 does actually live up to them tech demos.... not likely though :)

Safe it is for me to say I wont be selling my Xbox 360!

DJ

Why do people always assume that you have to sell your old console for buy a new one? I'll just get both.

Ehrmm..because theres a LIFE other then playing video games and owning both XBOX 360 and PS3 just to prove that ur rich and can afford both..unless ur 14 yrs old.

djdavedoc said:
lol very funny , I also own a PS2 btw. I might end up with both the 360 and the PS3 if the PS3 does actually live up to them tech demos.... not likely though :)

Safe it is for me to say I wont be selling my Xbox 360!

DJ

Xbox360 -
Winning Eleven International (American)
Pro Evolution Soccer

PS3 -
Winning Eleven Japan 3-7 months Earlier Than Xbox PES.
Winning Eleven Jleague
Winning Eleven Korean
Pro Evolution Soccer
Pro Evolution Manager

Its clear that for a WE/PES fan Sony is the best platform...
Also if PS3 is region free indeed it will be very painful for Xbox360 (only) owners to see PS3 onwers playing WE 3-10 months earlier (WE Japan August-April/PES Xbox360 October, WE Xbox360 February)...;)

Hellenes

There won't be a North American 360 version of WE/PES until April 2008.

All WE/PES games are converted from the Sony console version, without exception. With the PS3 delayed until Winter 2006, the earliest WE for the machine will be WE11 which will become PES7 for Europe in August 2007 and WE11 in the USA in April 2008.

The 360 versions will be a conversion of the PS3 version. Konami would NEVER write a version expecially for the 360. The roadmap for a 360 release this year was based upon the PS3 being released this Spring.

Gamespot etc. are full of crap with their potential release list. WE/PES will not be coming to the 360 this year. Or to the PS3 for that matter so it's irrelevant!

TheWolf said:
There won't be a North American 360 version of WE/PES until April 2008.

All WE/PES games are converted from the Sony console version, without exception. With the PS3 delayed until Winter 2006, the earliest WE for the machine will be WE11 which will become PES7 for Europe in August 2007 and WE11 in the USA in April 2008.

The 360 versions will be a conversion of the PS3 version. Konami would NEVER write a version expecially for the 360. The roadmap for a 360 release this year was based upon the PS3 being released this Spring.

Gamespot etc. are full of crap with their potential release list. WE/PES will not be coming to the 360 this year. Or to the PS3 for that matter so it's irrelevant!

If thats the case Xbox360 is still in HUGE disadvantage...
In Greece Playstation (1,2 and the 3 in future) consoles dominate since PES/WE are the no1 games on the platform...owning just the Xbox on its own isnt any good for a true PESfan...

Hellenes

Back
Top Bottom