Sony PlayStation 4

5 Telltale series for €19.99 in the EU store: Walking Dead season 1 and 2, Game of thrones, Borderlands and Wolf amongst us.
That's one hell of a bargain if you ask me. Had heaps of fun with all those Telltale games. Currently enjoying the Batman one.

So it looks like the next PS4 firmware update will add some pretty major features...

External HDD support (about time), custom wallpaper, and PSVR will support the viewing of 3D Blurays.

SOURCE: NeoGAF

Pretty cool!

Never gonna buy a console anyomre probably.

x No exclusive titles.
x Not compatible backwards.
x You have to pay to play online from now.

I rather build a PC from the same money and use it for the same period and play games FOR FREE on steam and origion. Also i can emulate older games, play pc only games, my PS3 will do whats missing.

I don't agree with the no exclusive titles.

You can't play Red Dead or Red Dead 2 on PC. I know you can get PlayStation Now and play a lot of PS4 exclusive titles now on PC, but there are still some games you need a PS4 for.

But can't see a single reason why anyone would ever need an Xbox.

I mean just compare console gaming today vs 10+ yrs ago.
For 10 games its not worth to get a console for me. And there is no 10 great exclusive games at all....

But can't see a single reason why anyone would ever need an Xbox.

I heard Xbox One can play X360 and even Xbox games. So it has some advantage over PS4. And Xbox One X has UHD blue Ray player, 4k/1800p 30 FPS outta box only at 500$ without being used parts.

So it has it's uses. So does Ps4 and other consoles, even Switch. Not Wii U though.

Anyone give me some good arcade racing games right now? I only see sim racing everywhere. I want to play with my young brother. GT Sport, Project Cars 2, F1, Dirt Rally seem very hard to control for him. The Crew 2 or Burnout Paradise Remastered are good choice or another?

Trackmania Turbo and Horizon Chase Turbo are both great fun but they do both become challenging quite early.

Should both be pretty cheap though.

Anyone give me some good arcade racing games right now? I only see sim racing everywhere. I want to play with my young brother. GT Sport, Project Cars 2, F1, Dirt Rally seem very hard to control for him. The Crew 2 or Burnout Paradise Remastered are good choice or another?
good old Driveclub is still a superb racer!
maybe trails fusion or rocket league are ok... "racing games" too.
need for speed could be an option as well.

local split screen multiplayer games on ps4 are rare these days...

DiRT Rally's not that tough, just keep listening to your co driver, keep control of your speed, don't go too fast and use brakes only when needed, never brake while turning.

And now your game,
Driveclub, with the bikes pack. It looks and plays great.

For split screen I only know of GT Sport and it's possible to add heavy assistance settings for your brother for example auto slowdown!

If not split screen I recommend Need for Speed Rivals which has easy controls, nice tracks (road stretches) and a good variety of of cars.

Hmm my US account was using an email address that doesn't exist any more (when Lycos changed to a paid system they deleted my email address), tried logging in and it wants me to reset my password which of course I can't do because I can't receive the password reset email :(

Edit: Paid the thieving gits Lycos $4.99 to activate my mail box for a month so was able to reset the password, hope there's money in that account like I remembered!

Last edited:
I would love to get Detroit Become Human for PC though.
That's a game I would buy a console for.

Then sell the game.

Then sell the console.

Never gonna buy a console anyomre probably.

x No exclusive titles.
x Not compatible backwards.
x You have to pay to play online from now.

I rather build a PC from the same money and use it for the same period and play games FOR FREE on steam and origion. Also i can emulate older games, play pc only games, my PS3 will do whats missing.

giphy.gif

Aside from the aforementioned reasons (like paid online play, etc) I think the architectural shift that made current consoles be based on x86 kinda defeated their purpose (in my book that is) as their only distinctive feature are the exclusives, which aren't as vast a catalogue as the 7th gen (PS3) had imo… Previously you could find other reason to further justify purchasing a console: The best selling console king (the mighty Playstation 2) turned DVDs into a mass media format, being the most affordable DVD player on the market at the time (when compared to players that were just, well, players), same thing for the PS3 (one of the best DVD players - if not the best - of its time) as it was the most affordable blue ray player on the market, also being a quite capable media server and it could even play something the reigning champion of this console generation (the PS4) apparently can't - music CDs. With all that in mind, what good is something based on computer architecture that can't do most things a computer can? As we grow "fossilized" it gets a bit harder to justify forking out cash on what's essentially a glorified digital toy… If you go for the higher end PC, sure you'll have to pay a premium but a computer's much more of an investment as it could be used for a lot more than simply entertainment. My two cents though. (and I've pretty much had every playstation console released on the mainstream market, aside from the original PSP and the Vita and now the PS4 so I'm not against consoles by any means)

The other main advantage is some people just don't want to fart around with PC software and hardware issues, upgrades etc... I won't go as far as saying PCs are for nerds:) but most people are just not into PCs that much beyond using it to access the internet.

The other main advantage is some people just don't want to fart around with PC software and hardware issues, upgrades etc... I won't go as far as saying PCs are for nerds:) but most people are just not into PCs that much beyond using it to access the internet.

Sure, there are a few hiccups here and there but at least for me, being used to MS DOS games way back when using a PC to play games was a major pain in the butt, PC has become a quite "peaceful" environment for gaming as well… Not very long ago, aside from the customary issue, you didn't even have peripherals to make playing games on a PC an enjoyable experience. Usually when people care enough to make a properly informed decision they might reconsider, but Yeah consoles have a knack for a more hassle-free pick up and play deal. But apart from the people who are addicted to upgrades or can't resist the hype, depending on what you go for when getting or building a computer, you'll probably hang on to it for longer than a particular console (with the proper care, computers are bit sturdier than consoles too)

Sure, there are a few hiccups here and there but at least for me, being used to MS DOS games way back when using a PC to play games was a major pain in the butt, PC has become a quite "peaceful" environment for gaming as well… Not very long ago, aside from the customary issue, you didn't even have peripherals to make playing games on a PC an enjoyable experience. Usually when people care enough to make a properly informed decision they might reconsider, but Yeah consoles have a knack for a more hassle-free pick up and play deal. But apart from the people who are addicted to upgrades or can't resist the hype, depending on what you go for when getting or building a computer, you'll probably hang on to it for longer than a particular console (with the proper care, computers are bit sturdier than consoles too)

Absolutely. Thought about buying a gaming PC myself recently as I want a triple screen setup for racing sims. I'm a bit scared though.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom