Sony PlayStation 4

With the fact there's finally going to be a bunch of games worth playing on PS4 in the next few months it's time to upgrade my hard drive to the fastest option possible, wondering what's best, an internal 2.5" 7200rpm SATA III mechanical hard drive? Internal SSD? Or some kind of external option?

With the fact there's finally going to be a bunch of games worth playing on PS4 in the next few months it's time to upgrade my hard drive to the fastest option possible, wondering what's best, an internal 2.5" 7200rpm SATA III mechanical hard drive? Internal SSD? Or some kind of external option?

Not sure if things have changed, but remember ages ago, there didn't seem to be much difference between an SSD and HD performance wise.

EDIT:-
Quick look via Google and it appears that on both the PS4 and XBox game load times can be halved.

Half seems pretty decent, thanks :) Everybody's Golf in particular is extremely slow so be glad if that and others can be halved, right now I have a standard 5400 RPM laptop hard drive in there, may be the default one that comes with the original PS4 or similar.

I countered the loudness of my Pro by adding a Soundbar with a sub woofer. Well, I may have actually bought it before, don't remember. It won't help when the sound is quiet but I usually forget the noise when I am busy screaming at the low cross AI in PES 2019.

Just want to share my thoughts this evening at office since mate brought his ps4 pro. Tested it on 50" samsung 1080p so it must work like normal ps4 with some graphical enhancement.

Tried famous ps4 exclusives, zhd, uncharted 4, GOW. Well, graphics is nice but not what i expected what i read people talk about. Games like GOW and zhd, when close up to a character it is like they are recorded on the studio and interior lighting.. a bit weird for me. Fifa 18 really looks off, the frame rate at replays :ROLL:.

Almost pull a trigger for a ps4 slim my self to play the exclusive but.. a bit let down from what i saw, oh an the motion blur :BRICK:. I even feel ds3 controller feels better than ds4 despite less ergonomic. I think I'll leave and miss this gen console :TUMBLE:.

Will play it on 1080p 24 inch monitor will make different graphical experience since pixel is denser ?

Last edited:
The PS4 Pro is a massive let down.

My experience with the system was that games had absolute minimal difference, some games may have looked slightly better but it was barely noticeable.
Even the exclusive games which had patches didn't really look any different.

The only time I noticed the PS4 Pro had an improvement was when boost mode was introduced and Until Dawn became playable.

The console really wasn't the step forward I was expecting/hoping for.

I don't own either, but as far as I can see, both the Pro and One X seem completely unnecessary.
As someone who doesn't have (and doesn't intend to buy) a gaming PC, and who has a 4K TV - they're definitely necessary to me.

That doesn't mean I'm entirely happy with them - the PS4 Pro is evidently nowhere near as powerful as the Xbox One X, it couldn't do something like Forza Horizon 4 can achieve on the Xbox One X - and yet I much prefer it, because the Xbox is just such a drag to use.

It's so slow, awkward and buggy. I tried to start a new EA Access account on the Xbox (a great feature) on a different profile, and had to redownload every game (40gb per game on average) to be able to use them, because they have a license embedded that can't be replaced any other way.

Every time I use it, there'll be a list of game updates that need downloading, and they will stop downloading at random intervals. The other day, I had one update get to 20% and stop, moved onto the next update, got to 40% and stopped, got to the next update and it froze after about 10% without even moving onto the next update. The internet connection was fine.

Either way, I'm happy with what I'm getting out of the PS4 Pro. It's not as powerful as it could be and not a game-changer, but 4K is pretty great, and VR will be when they get rid of the wires.

In general though, other than the odd small graphical enhancement on some games, don't all 4 consoles essentially do the same thing, at the end of the day.

I don't own either, but as far as I can see, both the Pro and One X seem completely unnecessary.

I wouldn't agree with that.

Yes the PS4 Pro is a massive waste of money and not worth it.

But the Xbox One X is impressive, every game I have tried looks close to a PC.
Yes the frame rate isn't the same but graphically it is very similar.
The Xbox One X is a massive improvement over the original Xbox One and blows the PS4 Pro out the water.

The only problem with the Xbox One X is the UI is a shambles, incredibly slow and an absolutely slow horrible pain to use.

In general though, other than the odd small graphical enhancement on some games, don't all 4 consoles essentially do the same thing, at the end of the day.
The normal consoles can't do 4K - that's the big one. If you have a 4K TV, it's a world of difference with either - even though the power of a PC isn't there.

If you don't have a 4K TV then there's no point, I'd probably agree. But that's why they came about in the first place. I was sceptical about 4K but I'm a fan now. Particularly sports broadcasts.

Yes they do, but as stated the Xbox One X is a massive graphical improvement over the original and is very close to PC visuals.
As far as consoles go, you can't ask for more than that.

The new consoles also have 4K output, the Xbox X even has a UHD Bluray drive.

Although Xbox One X performance in 4K just isn't there (It isn't there either on PC unless you spend £1000 on GFX cards), the option is there or you can use the extra power to get a smoother frame rate.

i'm looking for a wireless PS4 headset that is lightweight, not bulky, and will allow me to listen to the game as well as someone beside me (I assume then I'd need a headset with one-sided earpiece)

any recommendations?

Edit : Thanks for moving this post to the correct place, admin

Last edited:
My pro has been quiet until I played fifa 19 and entered the awful negotiations scene. Then I thought it was gonna explode.
As soon as that scene was over it was quiet again.

My pro gets very loud sometimes. Recently opened it up to clean it but there was hardly any dust inside.

It's goes crazy mostly during cutscenes. Spiderman gameplay is without any noise, the cutscenes is a different matter. Seems to be the case for a lot of games.

PlayStation skipping E3 in 2019 for the first time in 24 years. Maybe news about PS5 release soon. PSN ID change free for first time but still got problem with trophy u earned before also with DLC in games.

Smart move by Sony. Big waste of resources. Sony were usually the main attraction at the show, so I imagine that'll be the beginning of the end for that event as we know it.

Last edited:
My brother is running his PS4 account like buying games from the indonesian store (maybe its not a brand new idea) everything is underpriced there, even the subscrition for online. And you can use these on the EU or US account or whatever. You just have to go around the system a bit as you cant play with your regular credit card directly.
Of course offline games worth buying it mostly or else you will end up playing asian people.

I might considering buying a PS4 this way.

46458015_726386404406845_2536043184580984832_n.jpg
https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=168&From=INR&To=EUR

Yepp thats a 2 EUR black friday deal.

Sony have launched a neat little feature called My PS4 Life that generates a video based on your PSN account, showing you a few things (e.g. your first PS4 game) and the hours you've played games for.

UK: Click here
IT: Click here

There will be other regions, I'm sure.

My "most played" makes me pretty sad.

DsY9Sff.png

Sony have launched a neat little feature called My PS4 Life that generates a video based on your PSN account, showing you a few things (e.g. your first PS4 game) and the hours you've played games for.

UK: Click here
IT: Click here

There will be other regions, I'm sure.

My "most played" makes me pretty sad.

DsY9Sff.png

Anyone know if there's a way to force generation of a new video want to see an updated number for RDR2!

Back
Top Bottom