Sony PlayStation

So suggestion is a TV by you? The armchair part confused me a little dude! :D You can still play in monitor and shit in an armchair, i mean, right?!! :P
I also thing i will not notice any differnce among those values 10-20-30ms.
dont you do that mate! its not worth it! :D

if i had to choose today, with PS5 in sight (and in need for a new TV), id go LG OLED 55 or 65 inch C series or better! hdmi 2.1 and all the shenanigans, awesome colors and reference OLED display! a good price for the 55" model is around 1.450 euro! 65" around 2.500!
dont get fooled by some minor features that up the price. if you have a decent audio system, dont by the one that comes with the soundbar... you get me!

afair, Xiaomi is bringing a new 65 OLED for a good price and all the feaures soon. dont know their quality though.
Vizio is bringing a new modell as well:

id go for LG for sure!

edit: https://www.lg.com/de/oled-tv and dont change the language! learn some german! :LOL:
kidding! :BEER:

dont you do that mate! its not worth it! :D

if i had to choose today, with PS5 in sight (and in need for a new TV), id go LG OLED 55 or 65 inch C series or better! hdmi 2.1 and all the shenanigans, awesome colors and reference OLED display! a good price for the 55" model is around 1.450 euro! 65" around 2.500!
dont get fooled by some minor features that up the price. if you have a decent audio system, dont by the one that comes with the soundbar... you get me!

afair, Xiaomi is bringing a new 65 OLED for a good price and all the feaures soon. dont know their quality though.
Vizio is bringing a new modell as well:

id go for LG for sure!
Ok thanks dude. I appreciate your voice a lot.

Offtopic: dude 1,500€ will/may be my monthly salary if i stay in my work for the next 20 years, i am 8 by now :) Of course i could purchase one using credit card , and cause my wife is also working, but having two babies, anything purchased above 500€ regarding hobbies/technology/gaming is pure danger! :) :)
Thanks anyway, i will keep one vote for new TV ;) :D

Ok thanks dude. I appreciate your voice a lot.

Offtopic: dude 1,500€ will/may be my monthly salary if i stay in my work for the next 20 years, i am 8 by now :) Of course i could purchase one using credit card , and cause my wife is also working, but having two babies, anything purchased above 500€ regarding hobbies/technology/gaming is pure danger! :) :)
Thanks anyway, i will keep one vote for new TV ;) :D
Alright mate.

So I know you budget now. What will be the distance when watching TV and while playing games? What is the rest of your equipment? Audio? Consoles?
Are you a Netflix subscriber? Are you doing a lot of browsing or media stuff on the tv?

I’m with you buying cash. I’m not a friend of monthly payments if avoidable.

Edit: well I’m not one of those spent more money and get a better cable guys. To a degree. Sure 1,99 is a bit cheap. 40 would be my max sweet spot.
don’t fall for some of the marketing stuff!!
There are cables for more than 1.500 euro...

but hey, if i had a cable company and there would be ”demand”... ;)

Last edited:
Alright mate.

So I know you budget now. What will be the distance when watching TV and while playing games? What is the rest of your equipment? Audio? Consoles?
Are you a Netflix subscriber? Are you doing a lot of browsing or media stuff on the tv?

I’m with you buying cash. I’m not a friend of monthly payments if avoidable.

Edit: well I’m not one of those spent more money and get a better cable guy. To a degree. Sure 1,99 is a bit cheap. 40 would be my max sweet spot.
don’t fall for some of the marketing stuff!!
There are cables for more than 1.500 euro...

but hey, if i had a cable company and there would be ”demand”... ;)
Νο netflix, yet. I will use only consoles, PS4, Switch and possibly PS5 and/or XboxX, or similar staff, gaming consoles. No other equipment, Audio the natural hardware of the TV, it will be my Playing Corner, like other people have playroom. Distance for to 40'' screen i have now is, up to -2m when i play video games, and maybe 3m when i watch TV. Basically since the place i will use is limited i , that's why i plan something between 24~32'', so i will not need to stay more than 1,2m~1,5m.
At general i can't shit too far when i play PS4, no mattter the game, cause i start loosing the feeling of control. I just stand right in the point where i do not need to "zoom out" with my head, or turn my head to watch the screen. And just far enough to not detect pixels! :)

Νο netflix, yet. I will use only consoles, PS4, Switch and possibly PS5 and/or XboxX, or similar staff, gaming consoles. No other equipment, Audio the natural hardware of the TV, it will be my Playing Corner, like other people have playroom. Distance for to 40'' screen i have now is, up to -2m when i play video games, and maybe 3m when i watch TV. Basically since the place i will use is limited i , that's why i plan something between 24~32'', so i will not need to stay more than 1,2m~1,5m.
At general i can't shit too far when i play PS4, no mattter the game, cause i start loosing the feeling of control. I just stand right in the point where i do not need to "zoom out" with my head, or turn my head to watch the screen. And just far enough to not detect pixels! :)
seriously dude, see a doctor please! :lol:

got ya. so why not up the size? its always good for the mind... :) consider 55inch. you sure will find a good deal at 500 bucks.
let me have a quick look...

edit: well I like to go pre year models so I took a look. in 55inch maybe a Samsung RU or NU 8000 mode. decent tv for gaming and movies. easy to handle menu. ok-ish sound (its all crap these days). id recommend getting a speaker some sorts anyway.

try to avoid entry level models overall. they lack dimming and brightness quality mostly (try to get 400/500 nits and more. 10bit native display over 8bit FRC. try to get a 120hz over 60hz model.

again, you could go 49inch and have a look at a better version of that tv. so in Samsung terms maybe a Q model in 49inch. again not the entry level model from the upper category!

Edit: feel free to ask again if you see an offer for example.

Last edited:

I wonder if PES or FIFA will experiment with the adaptive triggers. Might be pretty cool for shooting and/or passing. Players with poor finishing stats could be expressed by more resistance in the trigger versus players like Messi who almost need no "draw back" with his leg to pull off a powerful shot. It could also be contex sensitive so there'd be more resistance when shooting from awkward angles.

I'd love to see similar stuff with passing, but since there's only two triggers, what do they do with lofted passes and though balls?

I wonder if PES or FIFA will experiment with the adaptive triggers. Might be pretty cool for shooting and/or passing. Players with poor finishing stats could be expressed by more resistance in the trigger versus players like Messi who almost need no "draw back" with his leg to pull off a powerful shot. It could also be contex sensitive so there'd be more resistance when shooting from awkward angles.

I'd love to see similar stuff with passing, but since there's only two triggers, what do they do with lofted passes and though balls?
I do hope they switch back to the old control method (R2 close control) instead of using RS for that. There is no sense in taking that “experiment” over to next gen!!

I don't care too much for close control in itself as I don't really use it, but it's annoying that you can't just use the right analog for a step over as it is now. But how would R2 close control work with adaptive triggers?

I also wondered if adaptive triggers could be used for shielding, so it'd have more resistance with weaker players...

Insomniac Games has announced that Spider-Man: Miles Morales will have an optional "Performance Mode," enabling 4K resolution and 60 frames per second.

With 4K/60fps coming as an “optional” mode, it seems sensible to presume that some graphical sacrifices will be made from the ‘standard mode’ in order to enable this boosted performance. With next-gen placing emphasis on resource-intensive tech like Ray Tracing, it may be that Performance Mode turns those graphical effects off to free up power and divert that into frame rate.

id go for LG for sure!
For what it's worth, I agree.
I have been buying LG for the past 10 years and I've never been let down.
The only time I had to fiddle a little more than usual with the settings was when I got the M2380DF monitor.
Its default color settings for HDMI input were just abysmal (while colors were perfect out of the box when used in "TV mode")... But after a firmware upgrade and some calibration they look more than acceptable now (and they've been so for almost 10 years).

that community! that passion!
tenor.gif

Every Person Playing the PS3 Version of MGSV Disarmed Their Nuke & Unlocked A Secret Cutscene
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ev...their-nuke-unlocked-a-secret-cutscene.257271/
:WORSHIP:

nice explanation of th ePS5's variable clockspeed:
Sony did tell us how their design works. The thing you're missing is that the PS5 approach is not just letting clocks be variable, like uncapping a framerate. That would indeed have no effect on the lowest dips in frequency. But they've also changed the trigger for throttling from temperature to silicon activity. And that actually changes how much power can be supplied to the chip without issues. This is because the patterns of GPU power needs aren't straightforward.

Here's a depiction of the change. (This is not real data, just for illustrative purposes of the general principle.) The blue line represents power draw over time, for profiled game code. The solid orange line represents the minimum power supply that would need to be used for this profile. Indeed, actual power draw must stay well below the rated capacity. Power supplies function best when actually drawing ~80% of their rating. And when designing a console the architects, working solely from current code, will build in a buffer zone to accommodate ever more demanding scenarios projected for years down the line.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pl...ret-agent-cerny.175780/page-340#post-36022468

There's talk of a PS5 Pro already, thanks to some patents leaking...

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/forget-the-ps5-the-ps5-pro-could-be-a-multi-gpu-monster

So why would I buy a PS5, if I'm buying an outdated console before it even bloody launches????????

Absolutely ridiculous. With the PS4 Pro almost exploding trying to play NBA 2K21 last week (seriously, you could smell burning after ten minutes), I think I might be moving away from the PlayStation for a while. Not the only problem I've had either (such as OS hard drive errors that require the console to be "reinitialised" to fix at least twice a year).

There's talk of a PS5 Pro already, thanks to some patents leaking...

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/forget-the-ps5-the-ps5-pro-could-be-a-multi-gpu-monster

So why would I buy a PS5, if I'm buying an outdated console before it even bloody launches????????

Absolutely ridiculous. With the PS4 Pro almost exploding trying to play NBA 2K21 last week (seriously, you could smell burning after ten minutes), I think I might be moving away from the PlayStation for a while. Not the only problem I've had either (such as OS hard drive errors that require the console to be "reinitialised" to fix at least twice a year).

Could be for anything, sounds more like they are making a PS5 for PS Now..
But I stupidly subscribed to PS Now when you could get the cards cheap a couple of months ago and must say it is really disappointing and they really need to put some better games on there.

Back
Top Bottom