Sony PlayStation

There will be plenty if good stuff on there by the time I buy it. Nothing groundbreaking on show, but this was obviously put together just to present the price and launch date.

Ugh Oh man, I thought this was at 5PM my time and turned on and it was ending
Oh well, they did what was expected form price (wonder if MS had kept quiet these would have been the prices from the beginning). will have to watch a bit later the games...

They gave a release date?

Looks horrible like a wireless router. Does it come in black?
Glad I’m not into gaming any more. No doubt my son will want to either get this or go for the X.

Sony's launch title:

[*] Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – preinstalled on PS5
[*] Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – €79.99
[*] Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – €79.99
[*] Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – €59.99
[*] Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – €79.99
[*] Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – €69.99

£80 a game - Are they freaking mad?
PC Gaming is starting to make so much more sense.
not sure how old you are. console games where even more expensive in the past (nes/snes/...)! ;)
i'm good with a tenner more these days... for the fun i get out of it. lets see if ng isnt worth that extra 10 bucks.

not sure how old you are. console games where even more expensive in the past (nes/snes/...)! ;)
i'm good with a tenner more these days... for the fun i get out of it. lets see if ng isnt worth that extra 10 bucks.

Snes games growing up were £60 in the UK.
Never seen games for £80 before, and you say next gen games worth it?

You can buy the same £80 game on PC for £35 or even on PS4 for £45..
So why is it worth £35 more, when console gamers keep claiming graphics don't matter.

Snes games growing up were £60 in the UK.
Never seen games for £80 before, and you say next gen games worth it?

You can buy the same £80 game on PC for £35 or even on PS4 for £45..
So why is it worth £35 more, when console gamers keep claiming graphics don't matter.
130-160 Mark was nothing unusual for a nes or snes game in germany back then. have a look at google pic for that. plenty of stories around that topic as well.
how do you buy GOW on PC for 35 bucks? ;)

anyway... we'll never sort it out! PC master race FTW1!111!1!!!!!1111!!! ;) enjoy mate!
btt please!

Snagged one on Amazon, no games shown interest me apart from God of War.

Bought one anyway.

Yep literally bought no games, will probably buy SpiderMan at some point.
Will also buy FIFA as you can get the digital version now for £40 on CDKeys, and get the free upgrade to PS5.

I'm not chomping at the bit to get one at launch either, but I pre-ordered one anyway. I'll get the Demon's Souls remaster and FIFA. Screenshot_27.jpg

Assuming my Best Buy pre-order sticks. I have my doubts.

130-160 Mark was nothing unusual for a nes or snes game in germany back then. have a look at google pic for that. plenty of stories around that topic as well.
how do you buy GOW on PC for 35 bucks? ;)

anyway... we'll never sort it out! PC master race FTW1!111!1!!!!!1111!!! ;) enjoy mate!
btt please!

Not talking about GOW and exclusives, games in general seem very expensive next gen.
Valhalla and new Spiderman are being released on PS4 for £30 cheaper..
What makes the PS5 version that much better?
Only the graphics right? And console gamers always bang on about graphics aren't important.

Not talking about GOW and exclusives, games in general seem very expensive next gen.
Valhalla and new Spiderman are being released on PS4 for £30 cheaper..
What makes the PS5 version that much better?
Only the graphics right? And console gamers always bang on about graphics aren't important.
i dont know for sure, but i can think of the costs (for everything related) getting up. arent cinema movies more expensive these days?
anyway... i'm willing to pay a few bucks more for my hobby. not that big a deal for me. :) cheaper multiplat titles one can find on PC! :TU:

well, the rest is... never mind. *cough*generalization*cough*... ;)

Last edited:
i dont know for sure, but i can think of the costs (for everything related) getting up. arent cinema movies more expensive these days?
anyway... i'm willing to pay a few bucks more for my hobby. not that big a deal for me. :)

well, the rest is... never mind. *cough*generalization*cough*...

In that aspect yes, tickets for cinemas have gone up by a much bigger percentage.
Guess I just got used to games being around £50 for console - I don't mind paying £50 for Last of Us and other exclusives - And yes I would still pay £80 for Last of Us 2 if that is the price.. But these are one of top exclusives.
£80 for Valhalla and games which are being released on current gen systems - £30 is quite a big price difference for the same game.

I am just glad I got one, as they have now sold out everywhere in the UK except Argos, who haven't started pre-orders yet.

Next gen versions of the same games are basically the equivalent of playing on Ultra settings and higher res/framerate on PC. Having them cost more sounds ridiculous to me.

Imagine if on Steam you had the same games on there twice, but one was £30 cheaper because it was locked to low settings/1080p (or even 30fps:SICK:)...

These games cost the same to produce whether you turn the settings/resolution up or not, so they should charge the same on both platforms, I guess next gen just gives them a convenient excuse.

I had a PS4 from new and it's never missed a beat. PS3 too actually.

Be more worried about buying one of enhanced versions they bring out.

The spider man game and horizon zero dawn will also be available in ps4. HZD is a game in interested in but don't know if it's worth it to hold on to my ps4 just for it.

Back
Top Bottom