Sony PlayStation

Not talking about GOW and exclusives, games in general seem very expensive next gen.
Valhalla and new Spiderman are being released on PS4 for £30 cheaper..
What makes the PS5 version that much better?
Only the graphics right? And console gamers always bang on about graphics aren't important.

Hey, you're the one who pre-ordered the damn thing! If you complain and then buy it anyway, what incentive do they have to change anything?

So all the PS5 exclusives are coming out on the PS4?

Neither console has a solid case for must buy software at the moment. Neither console has a must-buy next gen game at launch. However if you want to play the enhanced versions (higher resolution and frame-rate), then you think if the investment is worth it.

Wow! $70 for these next gen games is outrageous.

I wonder if this means that when FIFA 22 or whatever comes out for PS5 and Xbox, they'll be selling for that price but for PC at the regular price....

PlayStation CEO Jim Ryan says more PlayStation 5 units will be available than PS4s in 2013
Ryan also said that of the thousands of games tested for PS4 backwards compatibility, “99 percent” can be played on the next console. Sony also announced a new service called PS Plus Collection, which will offer 18 PS4 first-party titles for download to subscribers to the PlayStation online service. It’s a tremendous freebie for anyone who plays their PlayStation online, and a good entry point for anyone new to Sony properties like “The Last of Us.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/09/16/ps5-retail-units/

PlayStation's Jim Ryan: "We want to give gamers certainty that they're buying a true next-generation console"
"For us, having a catalogue of games is not something that defines a platform," Ryan says. "Our pitch, as you've heard, is 'new games, great games.' We have had this conversation before -- we are not going to go down the road of putting new releases titles into a subscription model. These games cost many millions of dollars, well over $100 million, to develop. We just don't see that as sustainable.

"We want to make the games bigger and better, and hopefully at some stage more persistent. So putting those into a subscription model on day one, for us, just doesn't make any sense. For others in a different situation, it might well make sense, but for us it doesn't. We want to expand and grow our existing ecosystem, and putting new games into a subscription model just doesn't sit with that."
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-09-17-playstations-jim-ryan-we-want-to-give-gamers-certainty-that-theyre-buying-a-true-next-generation-console

Feast your eyes on how much a PS5 will cost here in Iceland:

Digital 587 dollars or 452 pounds
Disk 712 dollars or 548 pounds

Needless to say I won't be buying one for a while, probably not until fall 2021 when the price has dropped a bit. Also there might be some games available by then.

Last edited:

Needless to say I won't be buying one for a while, probably not until fall 2021 when the price has dropped a bit. Also there might be some games available by then.
having one of the worlds most beautiful landscapes before your own eyes every day and supporting one of the most sympathetic national teams at home: PRICELESS! ;)

Last edited:
having one of the worlds most beautiful landscapes before your own eyes every day and supporting one of the most sympathetic national teams: PRICELESS! ;)

Clearly you never been Stevenage Town Centre - Tis a thing of beauty:-

_92384437__92304866_stevenage3-1.jpg

_92241859_stevenage8.jpg

How about import one from other Countries?

How about import one from other Countries?
Then you've got to worry about import tax, different power sockets (and power converters are as pricey as they are dangerously unreliable in my experience), potential store and game region locks...

I would never do it again after my experience importing PlayStations and PlayStation accessories in the past!

Sorry for the double post... I just can’t wait!

if it works out like I imagine I can be V at it’s badest!! I always played the good one... its about time I switch! :D

I am sorry but how is a console that size meant to cool a CPU and GPU?
It could be noisier than a PS4 Pro.
Don’t be. It will be quieter. Mark my words. ;)

Every single developer I've spoken to developing for PS5 has been evangelising how easy it is to work for, Its essentially the same development environment as PS4 and you scale up from there, for the new powers, the features and whatnot. I can't stress enough how happy developers seem to be with this situation.
There is simply no doubt that the XSX on paper, the more powerful machine.

However again, speaking to developers the development environment they are dealing with some people seem to be extremely happy with it, other people are having problems with it because they've moved away from what was previously the XDK which was specific for the Xbox to the GDK which is a more general environment for PC and for Xbox and even Xbox one is encompassed by the GDK

Well in the UK the pre-orders were a mess.

Many retailers started doing pre-orders at 11PM the night of the event, without any warning they just went live.
Amazon sent me an email in the morning stating they were going live at 9AM, which to me was the only pre-order event that went as planned.
ShopTo were probably the worse as they made people register their interest and pay to do so, but the pre-orders went live and the people who registered their interest had no idea or email to state the pre-orders went live - Although they did later in the day allow anyone who registered their interest to complete their pre-order, but no one knows if they now move to the front or back of the pre-order list.
Argos then stated pre-orders would go live at some point after Midnight and no one knew the time they were going live - They went live at 4AM and were all gone before majority of people got up in the morning, even though they tweeted to just wait till the morning.

I luckily got one through Amazon and my delivery date is for launch, as I got mine at 9.03 and they were stil taking pre-orders up to 9.20, so Amazon must have loads of them, but then this is expected being the largest retailer.

I just wonder how many were purchased through bots, as not many sites do captcha when making online purchases.

I am not sure how many more consoles will become available over the coming weeks, if any in the UK, as the US is the main country they want to sell too.

Back
Top Bottom