Sony PlayStation

That's pretty good news. It would be a tough sell of it wasn't BC so it's definitely good to see.
With the new consoles, it's it possible to play with ppl that have the same game last gen? Because if not multilayer might be lonely at first

Not the same. PS3 backwards compatibility would be an absolutely brilliant feature, and wouldn't harm those of you who want to use PS Now either.
Well, it’s not that much needed. Surveys and stats tracking already showed: a lot of screaming for nothing.
not many users would take advantage of that. Why waste potential, time and money?!

if you are a hardcore, you own the consoles. If you are casual, you go PSnow!

btw: you are aware what kind of “special“ system the PS3 was, right!? I know you know your stuff. 😉

Well, it’s not that much needed. Surveys and stats tracking already showed: a lot of screaming for nothing.
not many users would take advantage of that. Why waste potential, time and money?!

if you are a hardcore, you own the consoles. If you are casual, you go PSnow!

btw: you are aware what kind of “special“ system the PS3 was, right!? I know you know your stuff. 😉

Yeah I know the PS3 was a bit of a unique system. Regardless, it would be an absolutely fantastic feature. I have a PS3 but it's on its last legs now, would be a fair few PS3 games I have that I'd play on PS5, and ones that I haven't played like Red Dead Redemption 1.

Anyway, regardless of how much people want it, PS Now is an alternative... it's not "all" there. It's a plus for Xbox and a minus for PlayStation.

PSNow is the biggest pile of poo, I have ever subscribed too and I pay £7 a month for Office 365.

There is an average selection of games, with the top games coming for just a few months, rather than staying on the service.
So is ok if you don't mind playing 2 year old games and only having 3 months to do.

The PS3 games are all streamed and not very well at all, and you can also play them on a PC.
But as far as games service subscriptions go it is the worse one, I have ever subscribed too.

But the problem is the PS3 is near impossible to emulate because of the cell processor.

PSNow is the biggest pile of poo, I have ever subscribed too and I pay £7 a month for Office 365.

There is an average selection of games, with the top games coming for just a few months, rather than staying on the service.
So is ok if you don't mind playing 2 year old games and only having 3 months to do.

The PS3 games are all streamed and not very well at all, and you can also play them on a PC.
But as far as games service subscriptions go it is the worse one, I have ever subscribed too.

But the problem is the PS3 is near impossible to emulate because of the cell processor.
A bit older... but you surely knew that you can download the games.
https://www.techradar.com/news/playstation-now-games-can-now-be-played-offline-thank-god

god of war is out on PC??

https://www.techradar.com/news/playstation-now-games-can-now-be-played-offline-thank-god

You can't download PS3 games, only Ps2/Ps4. I think thats what he meant, because of the PS3 architecture, those games cant run on PS4 : "The PS3 games are all streamed and not very well at all"

God of War was available in PC streaming with PSNow, I think it is removed now. Sony sometimes adds some high profile games in the PSNow service for a few months then removes them, which is a bit of a shame because there are some good games that you basically have to run against the clock to finish.

Thankfully they lowered the price for the service a year ago

It would be nice if I could pop in my NFL2K5 PS2 physical into a PS4 and get it to play.... Still better than all the Maddens

Yes, I only download the games.
The PS3 versions however are just streamable, and they only stream OK - Although they are all streamable to a PC, so you can play Last of Us if you really want.

The main issue, as stated is the lack of games - The Last of Us for instance is only the PS3 version and is only streamable, they could give both options, so you can download to the PS4.

They added Spiderman a few months ago, but got rid of it after 3 months..
Then their next big game is WatchDogs 2, and Days Gone is on there now till end of January - But these are 2 year old games, which lets be honest, if I ever wanted to actually play those games I would of done by now, not wait 2+ years for them to appear on PSNow...
During the Days of Playstation sale, I subscribed to it for a whole year.. Which was a big mistake.

IMO EA Play Pro is the best of the lot, very closely followed by the Microsoft Game Pass..

PS3 emulation has come a long way, many games are fully playable, even on my modest specs (i7 4790k + Vega56) Skate 3 runs pretty well.

They are even making progress in supporting network play;

Some games like RDR1 seem to run better on the 360 emulator Xenia, but I haven't tried that yet.

PS3 emulation has come a long way, many games are fully playable, even on my modest specs (i7 4790k + Vega56) Skate 3 runs pretty well.

They are even making progress in supporting network play;

Some games like RDR1 seem to run better on the 360 emulator Xenia, but I haven't tried that yet.
yeah the trusty PC, but if my playstation could do it, i would be on that, because of the convenience of it.

You can't download PS3 games, only Ps2/Ps4. I think thats what he meant, because of the PS3 architecture, those games cant run on PS4 : "The PS3 games are all streamed and not very well at all"

God of War was available in PC streaming with PSNow, I think it is removed now. Sony sometimes adds some high profile games in the PSNow service for a few months then removes them, which is a bit of a shame because there are some good games that you basically have to run against the clock to finish.

Thankfully they lowered the price for the service a year ago

It would be nice if I could pop in my NFL2K5 PS2 physical into a PS4 and get it to play.... Still better than all the Maddens
Oh, I did not know. My bad. Thanks.

Good deals today on Sabrant SSD's PCIE 4.0 SSD drives - If you not heard of them, they are some of the best reviewed SSD's on the market.

Might be worth an upgrade for the PS5.

Last edited:
yeah the trusty PC, but if my playstation could do it, i would be on that, because of the convenience of it.
It's not just about the convenience of it, emulation can also run these games at up to 4K resolution, framerate can be increased/uncapped in some games and a bunch of other settings/patches. Many games can look and/or play so much nicer/smoother when emulated to the point they pretty much look like what gets considered a "Remaster".

Great price, but there is no official list yet of compatible ssd drives, is there?

I doubt there is going to be an issues in regards to compatibility.
The PS5 should accept any NVMe SSD, I will be using my Samsung 970 Pro which I currently have in my PC.

Last edited:
Interview with Otori for PS5 thermal design (PS5 clocks were set at 2.23 ghz more than 2 years ago)
Its a very long interview with harware vp of mechanical and thermal for ps5 :
He goes into detail as to why he started developing the liquid metal application method research for ps5 more than 2 years ago .
"I really wanted to use liquid metal as a heat conductor. It took a lot of determination and preparation. Sony Interactive Entertainment's (SIE) PlayStation 5 (PS5) console is scheduled to launch in November 2020, and Yasuhiro Otori, who is responsible for the mechanical and thermal design of the console, has been working on the PS5 This is how he describes his thoughts on the technology that played a key role in making the He has been involved in the design of the PlayStation since the PS2, and appeared himself in the PS5 disassembly video released by SIE on October 7, 2020, to work and explain the process.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/inte...et-at-2-23-ghz-more-than-2-years-ago.1571299/

I have now pre-ordered SpiderMan, but I never had an issue with the graphics close up.
It is when your stop on top of a building or crane, and look around and go WOW, why so many shitty low res textures.

The game goes from looking really good to very average in a matter of seconds, so if they are going to continue with 30FPS for Spiderman then the low res city textures better be gone.

Last edited:
The UI looks so much nicer and very useful. The PiP mode looks very cool. However the big takeaway for me was the integrated store.... Man that thing was a hog on the PS4. All in all a great improvement

Back
Top Bottom