Sony PlayStation

The only thing I find funny about the "new" logo, is with a company of Sony's size there would of been hours and hours of meetings, with several marketing companies being paid 6 figures+ and loads of internal designers and marketing staff, costing Sony again millions in salaries.
And the logo after all that and time spent they just changed the 4 to a 5 in the same font.

We just have to wait now till April-June to see what the console looks like, hopefully it won't be as big as the Xbox Series X, which is pretty much 3x Xbox One X's stacked on top of each other.
But then we know the PS5 isn't as powerful as the new Xbox Series X.

giphy.gif

No mention of this on the UK blog, are they being kept in the dark about this? 😄

Last edited:
Yeah I'm more excited to see what Playstation brings this year, than XBOX to be honest.

I would prefer to buy a PS5 too, but you can't argue with the specs of the Xbox.
Equivalent of a 2080 Super inside, and a processor I was not expecting - Personally I thought it would be throttled for cooling to about 2Ghz a core not pass 3Ghz a core.

It will be interesting to see what the specs are, but I am sure I will get a PS5 as the exclusives on Xbox are crap and I have a PC for Microsoft Exclusives.

OK, that is the HORRIBLE first impression I expect tons of disappointed fans. That is not for the public, that is for developers, and fans now are will going mad and disappointed. We wanna see the console we wanna see games.

Underwhelmed but Relieved at the same time.
Relieved to see my PC will still out-power the so called "next-gen" consoles for the next 5 or 6 years.
Thank you Playstation. Thank you XBOX. But yeah... I'll pass, yet again.

had to rush out before it was over but it seems that there has been no back compat talk apart from PS4 and PSVR. That's a shame, but not really surprising. Consoles seem pretty close to each other spec vise, pretty much comes down to price now. Even if the PS5 maybe a bit less powerful (not actually sure about that one) this is really not the best time to throw in some mega console for mega bucks, people will be bloody skint next fall, with the disastrous economy we are heading into.

:LOL:

OK, that is the HORRIBLE first impression I expect tons of disappointed fans. That is not for the public, that is for developers, and fans now are will going mad and disappointed. We wanna see the console we wanna see games.
It was clear as day that this would be a tech presentation. I liked the way they showed/demonstrated the tech. A lot of users expected some different... but hey... it’s a about persona expectations then.
Underwhelmed but Relieved at the same time.
Relieved to see my PC will still out-power the so called "next-gen" consoles for the next 5 or 6 years.
Thank you Playstation. Thank you XBOX. But yeah... I'll pass, yet again.
At what cost?! ;)
It’s not worth answering this Chuny! You can but the facts are facts. :COOPZ:

All good for today, imo! Can’t wait for this beast AND ITS SOFTWARE getting released!! :) Good times!!

At what cost?!
It’s not worth answering this Chuny! You can but the facts are facts.

At the cost of spending only once IN TEN (!) years and still be able to run every single game with ULTRA level of details, at 144fps, never skipping a frame.
And on top of that: with Photoshop, Chrome, and 4 Modding tools running all together in the meantime.

I'd say that's a very cheap price.

At the cost of spending only once IN TEN (!) years and still be able to run every single game with ULTRA level of details, at 144fps, never skipping a frame.
And on top of that: with Photoshop, Chrome, and 4 Modding tools running all together in the meantime.

I'd say that's a very cheap price.
You wanna go that route?! I’m fine with that. :)
500 bucks for 4-5 years! You just can’t top that! Bet you spent 2000 or more on your rig.
And the differences are minor!! I mean, how it actually looks on your screen!

If you want to have that “feeling” of having more power... feed your pc hardware. Feel good! I’m feeling good if you are. :D
But: the on-screen product, with costs in perspective, isn’t that much different (if any), but costs da hell damn less!! :LOL:

And if you're the one investing only once every 10 years... you are the minority. Even smaller than that, imo. No harm meant, just saying.

And then I could go on with screens... most users don’t even have that screen that can show the power of the machine behind.... ^^

Edit: so tell me please, what 10 year old mainboard can handle a 2020 gfx card properly? What 10 year old RAM works well with modern MB? It goes on and on and on....

But I like that PC owners are a test-bed/pusher for my console. Thanks for that big time. Keep it up...!! :)

Last edited:
Didn't really watch any of the video, just read what people posted online after.

Good to see it is more powerful than initial reports.
Disappointed it didn't sound like they posted any exclusive games coming.
Much happier they have an internal M2 slot ready for expansion, rather than Microsoft route of a special connector or external HD.

PS4 games run on the system in some sort of boost mode, but not word if they will have graphical patches released for current games like the Xbox.

Last edited:
You wanna go that route?! I’m fine with that. :)
500 bucks for 4-5 years! You just can’t top that! Bet you spent 2000 or more on your rig.
And the differences are minor!! I mean, how it actually looks on your screen!

If you want to have that “feeling” of having more power... feed your pc hardware. Feel good! I’m feeling good if you are. :D
But: the on-screen product, with costs in perspective, isn’t that much different (if any), but costs da hell damn less!! :LOL:

And if you're the one investing only once every 10 years... you are the minority. Even smaller than that, imo. No harm meant, just saying.

And then I could go on with screens... most users don’t even have that screen that can show the power of the machine behind.... ^^

Edit: so tell me please, what 10 year old mainboard can handle a 2020 gfx card properly? What 10 year old RAM works well with modern MB? It goes on and on and on....

But I like that PC owners are a test-bed/pusher for my console. Thanks for that big time. Keep it up...!! :)

I wanted to reply to this but not going to start a debate in the PS5 thread - So posted my reply in Next Gen Consoles, as it was a thread from 2017.

The achitecture look so smart

But... guys from PS and Xbox... SHOW GAMES !!!
It looks great from an architecture point of view, and apparently devs love it.

But all I can think is, most games are cross-platform (e.g. football games) and are you going to take advantage of *any* of these PS-hardware-only features, if it means extra work, that only half your user base is going to get? No, probably not.

So all this stuff will only really benefit exclusives - and even then, realistically, it just means no loading times. What about better AI etc.? Yes processors are better so there's scope for it, but still the *focus* is audio-visual.

Ray-tracing looks great, the 3D audio sounds great. Beyond that, will gameplay be the same? If so... Meh.

But all I can think is, most games are cross-platform (e.g. football games) and are you going to take advantage of *any* of these PS-hardware-only features, if it means extra work, that only half your user base is going to get? No, probably not.

So all this stuff will only really benefit exclusives - and even then, realistically, it just means no loading times. What about better AI etc.? Yes processors are better so there's scope for it, but still the *focus* is audio-visual.

Ray-tracing looks great, the 3D audio sounds great. Beyond that, will gameplay be the same? If so... Meh.

The 3D audio sounds, good but won't all games just use Dolby Atmos if available or just Dolby Digital like they always have.
I suspect the 3D audio will only be better if you have decent headphones, same as with PC.

The main thing I am hoping for with this generation is better AI in games, I remember reading something about the current gen massively held back the development of AI as both console manufacturers decided to put Netbook processors in their machines.

Of course if the cross-platform developers don't push on the PS5 SSD full exploitation, we clearly don't see any difference between the both consoles. But I like the Sony bet on the architecture (Future proof ?), Xbox Series X is a very powerfull console but the architecture still the same since years and years.

Forget about the Ray-tracing visualization on this gen, it's just for some little details, just look Minecraft who run in 1080p at 30 fps, maybe we can see full RT in... 15 years ?
Apprently on the PS5/Series X gen we can have only the perfect shadows easily in RT.

Last edited:
Im interested in seeing the graphical upgrade between generations. I feel the leap to PS2 to PS3 was big but the one to PS4 even though noticeable, much smaller (I've never experienced a PS4Pro in 4K btw).

This is me thinking that I will have to upgrade to a 4K TV in the next year or so

At the same time the AI coding needs to be better. IMagine all that horsepower and we're still gonna Frostbite the same issues/shooting physics will still be lifeless on a future PES

A few replies and retweets from other industry peeps seem to verify this (and I've asked my sources, having worked on the Sony test team many moons ago, and they quietly concur).

I've been Team PS for many moons (bought Xboxes too but never touched them due to poor selection of exclusives, terrible UI etc.)... But this isn't good.

I wonder how much of it is true. I've been always on the PS camp as well, but I really like what Microsoft does nowadays. However I really doubt Sony can afford to delay the next console and give MS a 6 month start. I mean the XBX is looking pretty good now with all the information they have released.
Although, maybe Sony can say there is delay in production and push it due to Coronavirus, I mean in this economic environment and outlook for 2020, who wants to go out shopping for a $400+ console.

It does seem that PS5 is having issues, as why are they not showing anything.
We know an awful lot about the new Xbox, and pretty much everything about it is good - Incredible specs, and only beaten by the very highest gaming PC's - Unlike PS4/Xbox One, the Series X is far from a turd.
Very powerful machine, which runs in the same vein as a desktop PC, predictable power and system management - What I heard about the PS5 is they are trying to re-write the PC handbook by having adaptive power consumption and adaptive overclocking when the developers decide they need it and not when the system says "Hang on I am now rendering video, I need more CPU", the PS5 needs the developer to tell it that.

The best feature so far - Games will receive a free update if you already own them to be optimised for the system.
The Xbox series X runs a custom built version of Windows 10 and uses DirectX 12 Ultimate so machine will be incredibly easy to optimise and will allow the PC version of current games to be available pretty much straight on launch - Just a simple graphics and textures patch.
I know people always say they don't care about graphics, but it isn't just graphics it is the smoothness of play.

Sony know they are losing and tried glossing over their 3 Terrabytes graphics lost by stating but we won't have any loading screens??
Seriously I would absolutely love to see this.. Are they seriously stating a game like Red Dead will not have any loading screens?
I own an i9-9900K with all cores overclocked to 5GHz it takes my system 37seconds to load Red Dead from the menu screen to the game, are Sony stating the PS5 will not have this? As I seriously doubt a PS5 with a new state of the art SSD will load it any quicker than my PC.

There is absolutely no doubt at the moment that Xbox looks ahead in the next gen battle, however since I own a PC, I will still much more likely buy a PS5 due to Sony machine having better exclusives.
Uncharted Series
Last of Us 2
Spiderman
Dark Horizon - Or that dinosaur game which people like

I can't think of a single Microsoft game which is an exclusive, where I think man I want that..

Last edited:

A few replies and retweets from other industry peeps seem to verify this (and I've asked my sources, having worked on the Sony test team many moons ago, and they quietly concur).

I've been Team PS for many moons (bought Xboxes too but never touched them due to poor selection of exclusives, terrible UI etc.)... But this isn't good.
"The report comes way of Twitter user Jeff Rickel, and has been somewhat substantiated by Windows Central journalists Daniel Rubino and Jez Corden, who have reportedly heard similar scuttlebutt."

It's just trolling propaganda from Xbox (Crazy ones) fans, look the answers by Jason Schreier / Barlog and the screenshos of Discord discussions between them...
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/next...ation-analysis-leaks-thread.1480978/page-1649

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom