Sony PlayStation

will the PS5 feature DP!?
No but this is a HDMI 2.1 to DP Adapter. So you can plop the HDMI part of it to the PS5 and the DP Part into your monitor and you will be able to get 120 Hz for 1440p (if the PS5 offers that resolution) or 4k with every Monitor which supports that frame rate.

one of the best, if not my favorite, trailer from the show, imo! love that atmosphere and mood!

Stray:
Annapurna Interactive is teaming up with Blue Twelve for the project. Stray transports you to a futuristic world, where robots and cats run wild. The trailer showcases an eerie landscape with the words “RIP Humans” on the wall. A robot and cat give each other a glance before we go into the cat’s perspective, where we see robots engaging in everyday human activities, such as running shops.
The game is set to come out in 2021 as a PS5 exclusive, and you can watch the trailer below.
https://blog.playstation.com/2020/0...s5-from-bluetwelve-and-annapurna-interactive/

No but this is a HDMI 2.1 to DP Adapter. So you can plop the HDMI part of it to the PS5 and the DP Part into your monitor and you will be able to get 120 Hz for 1440p (if the PS5 offers that resolution) or 4k with every Monitor which supports that frame rate.

The PS5 will be locked to 30/60FPS, so there will be no benefit to having a 120hz monitor with a PS5.

The 1440p support is an odd one currently - I have a 1440p 144hz monitor with a PS4 Pro plugged into it (and my PC over display port). Because the monitor has HDMI 2.0 it see's the PS4 Pro input as 4K. On my old 1440p monitor with HDMI 1.4 it saw it as 1080p input and I could never adjust that - so HDMI 2.0 has basically solved the issue of PlayStation not having native support for 1440p.

I don't know how it'll handle any potential higher refresh rates over HDMI 2.0, as the PS4 is seeing the monitor as a 4k panel it's likely to stick at 60hz but maybe that adapter you've mentioned could be the solution! The other option is to change the resolution to 1080p from the PS4/PS5 itself and get the benefits of higher frame rate that way.

Every console in history has had it frame rate locked.
The PS5 will be absolutely no different.

Many developers have confirmed their games are locked..
AC Valhalla is locked to 30FPS on PS5.
there is no "locked" per se! the limit is just the consoles hardware output, isn’t it?! hdmi2.1 features up to 120... so it could be possible!

playstation 4 already delivers 90fps and even 120fps, just for PSVR that is, not on a tv screen. ;)

120fps games are possible and well see what the future brings! i dont know and you dont know, yet.

edit: did not some offical MS source said 60fps not mandatory but same time fps not capped for XSX!? sorry for ot!

Last edited:
An HDMI adapter is only going to make a signal display correctly up to the port's ability, it won't enhance it in any way. Maybe some tv sets can accept a 120hz signal through HDMI, I don't think mine can though, and it is a relatively recent 4k Sony.
I had to set up my hdmi port just to carry the 4k image from the PS Pro, before I did the games were laggy and looked like shit.

The PS5 will be locked to 30/60FPS, so there will be no benefit to having a 120hz monitor with a PS5.
I doubt that. The PS5 itself offers 120hz, so it is possible. It just depends on the strategy of the game company, how they handle graphic files and if they prefer better graphics or higher Framerate. I'm pretty certain there will be games which reach 120fps on that hardware, even if only Indie Games or Minecraft.

I doubt that. The PS5 itself offers 120hz, so it is possible. It just depends on the strategy of the game company, how they handle graphic files and if they prefer better graphics or higher Framerate. I'm pretty certain there will be games which reach 120fps on that hardware, even if only Indie Games or Minecraft.
My ideal would be for each game to be offered 4K @ 60hz or 1080p at 120hz but I doubt that it'll be a standard. I'd love to play the new Horizon or future God of War game at 60fps whereas something like Gran Turismo would be great at 120hz.

At the end of the day, as much as I love 60fps over 30fps, PS4 developers have done a stunning job to make 30fps not that bad to play at all. I played through and completed Ratchet & Clank recently and you barely notice it's at 30fps, I'm a few hours into The Last Of Us 2 and it's the same story there with it not being off putting at all.

I also was very excited about this one during the first minute of the trailer until they hinted that we'll be playing as... a cat?.
If that's the main character we'll be playing us then forget about it.

But I did love the scenery. I love futuristic environments like in DBH.
Good morning @Chuny
And i love both elements!! The environment and being able to stroll as a cat! :D

If done right, could be one of the sweetest titles.

Using the new machines in combination with the new pew controller aka DS, I’m already spinning crazy ideas!

🐈 🤖 🌆 :LOVE:

I'm at my wits end with the PS4 Pro now. Need help.

I want to play Last of Us, but I literally can't hear it.

The noise of the fan is way over 60db now. You literally can't hear the game dialogue over it.

I've already had it to pieces and reapplied thermal paste (dusting the unit in the process), which did nothing.

Is there anything else I can do, other than buy a whole new console for the sake of one game, or buy a mini fridge to keep it in?

Seriously, can anyone help me out here?

The noise of the fan is way over 60db now. You literally can't hear the game dialogue over it.

I've already had it to pieces and reapplied thermal paste (dusting the unit in the process), which did nothing.

Is there anything else I can do, other than buy a whole new console for the sake of one game, or buy a mini fridge to keep it in?

I was searching the internet before but other than dusting off, changing paste and getting a new one there seem no other options. For some users the first 2 options worked.

Myself, I only cleaned one inner side. Nothing changed.
It really depends on the game I must say. But sure, overall mine is loud too. I use headphones when it’s really bad.

I just keep my fingers crossed it makes it to the winter. I need a new console badly.

I don’t want to go though hoops changing paste and nothing happens. So I’ll wait...

Forget it, buy some decent headphones and turn up the volume until your ears are bleeding.

There is nothing you can do, that console is just crap regarding noise.

When I'm playing Apex Legends the PS4 Pro is about to explode even when I'm only in the main menu.

I had to use headphones on my PS4 Pro and also changed the resolution down to 1080p.
Not ideal solution, but it is the only way I was able to play Last of Us 2 on my Pro.

The PS4 Pro seriously is without doubt the worst console ever made.

I had to use headphones on my PS4 Pro and also changed the resolution down to 1080p.
Not ideal solution, but it is the only way I was able to play Last of Us 2 on my Pro.

The PS4 Pro seriously is without doubt the worst console ever made.
Turning down resolution is bringing down the noise?! I read an advice like that but...
really?!
Can’t think of this making a huge difference.

Turning down resolution is bringing down the noise?! I read an advice like that but...
really?!
Can’t think of this making a huge difference.
Well. I'm playing Apex Legends on my 1440p monitor, so the resolution is 1080p and it's still as loud as ever.

Well. I'm playing Apex Legends on my 1440p monitor, so the resolution is 1080p and it's still as loud as ever.
And thats what i think. There is no general rule...!
Might be some titles taking advantage but the cooling system wasn’t just that great.
Im tired of fiddling with that cleaning stuff...!

The PS4 delivered for what I expected. But the noise prob will ever be in my head. In Sony Execs as well, imo.

It will all be good in the future!! I don’t wanna hussle with stuff I can’t change. So I move on. :)

When playing last of us in 1080p.
It did still get loud in places, but in general was alot quieter and the fan didn't rev up half as much.

In 4K the game was constant and rarely took a break from being full throttle.

Back
Top Bottom