Sony PlayStation

PRO, there's a thread for that game isn't there? We usually use the console threads to discuss the hardware (or at the very least, unreleased games that push the hardware), right?
thought so and had a quick look. Hm...

so for every trailer I want to post I open a new thread? Can we have a general video games thread? Video thread? Is it not welcome to post so much stuff?

edit: found it. Should’ve used the search function the first time.

Sony really need to sort out the PS5 storage.
The measly space available on the drive is really taking the piss.
I use my PS5 occasionally, maybe once or twice a week and I have already had to delete multiple games to install something else.

Seriously how the hell are people who use this as their primary games machine actually managing to use this? Without having to uninstall games every few days?

Yesterday my PS5 today hung when playing Mile Morales, and crashed out of game saying there was a software fault.
Loaded it again, and about 15 minutes later it did the same.

Today, my PS5 has now appeared to have died a death..
It crashed again whilst playing Spider-Man and will now no longer switch on.
I will give it a couple of hours to cool down, but it isn't look good.

UPDATE:-
PS5 has now switched on again and appears to be working.
It very much seems to be a case that it is over-heating, which is really strange.
When I play downstairs it is quite a small hole, playing in my room which I have been doing the past couple of days, it has absolutely nothing around it.
Only difference is the PS5 is stood up and not lying down.

Last edited:
Massive January sale on PSN. Rolled through it last night and barely got a look at what was available. The biggest games maybe don't have the biggest discounts, but still, Crash 4 is 50% off and Ghost of tsushima and Fuser both at 40 pounds, pretty sure that's my 80 quid Christmas gift to myself this year.

And I mean Ghost and Fuser. I'm not that bad at maths

Last edited:
Massive January sale on PSN. Rolled through it last night and barely got a look at what was available. The biggest games maybe don't have the biggest discounts, but still, Crash 4 is 50% off and Ghost of tsushima and Fuser both at 40 pounds, pretty sure that's my 80 quid Christmas gift to myself this year.

And I mean Ghost and Fuser. I'm not that bad at maths
How is that with games like Fuser... when I create gameplay footage and put a video on YouTube, how is that handled licensing wise regarding the songs included in the game?

i ain't buying until i see black, can't believe a black version isn't available yet. Completely unprepared launch.
sony already confirmed that during the launch window there will be no other color available but the white model! not sure how long that "launch window" is open.
a lot of different colored and themed PS5 already out there (all inoffical custom made)... guess 2021 will bring an offical black model from sony!

So PS5 issue for me is when the system is stood up.
Lying down works 99% of the time all the time.

Stood up it has frozen a couple of times.

It is very bizarre given the amount of room to breath it has in my man room compared to downstairs.

So not sure if it is overheating or just something my PS5 does not like, when Amazon have them freely back in stock will contact them and get it replaced, but no point raising a warranty claim with Sony, will be waiting 3 months for a replacement.

Hello guys ! My PS5 console has Coil Whine buzzing noises, how loud they are depends what is showing on the screen and for some reason, the most high pick buzz noise is PES 2021 just before kick off screen, this one :

Should I return it, do you think? ? I don't think that from where I got it, they have consoles available to replace it for me :D ... yes, there is a warranty

Here is one of the errors I get quite often, but only when playing SpiderMan.
I will need to see if I can get the other error message, which happens that shuts the machine down.

20201230-120216.jpg

Last edited:
Here is one of the errors I get quite often, but only when playing SpiderMan.
I will need to see if I can get the other error message, which happens that shuts the machine down.

20201230-120216.jpg
Is this Spider-Man remastered or simple Miles Morales?
Have you tried rebuilding your database?

Haven't tried anything.. Only happens on Miles Moreles.
That is the error when the game freezes and just stops responding for about 30 - 40 seconds.

There is a different error I get when the whole system turns off.

I am starting to think it is an issue with the PS5 OS rather than my PS5 itself.
Update - In fact actually just googled it for the first time, seems a very common issue when playing on Fidelity mode, which is something I keep switching between.

Haven't tried anything.. Only happens on Miles Moreles.
That is the error when the game freezes and just stops responding for about 30 - 40 seconds.

There is a different error I get when the whole system turns off.

I am starting to think it is an issue with the PS5 OS rather than my PS5 itself.
Update - In fact actually just googled it for the first time, seems a very common issue when playing on Fidelity mode, which is something I keep switching between.
That was my thought as well.
A lot of problems are reported regarding Spider-Man remastered. I only had two freezes with Miles Moralez though.
I really would advise you to rebuild that database manually. Give it a try!

edit: At the end, it’s all about the possibilities that a console can give you.

PlayStation in 2021: Sony presses its advantage with a string of big exclusives
God of War, Horizon, Gran Turismo and more look to drive PS5 into new homes all year.
All signs indicate that PlayStation 5 came roaring out of the traps when it went on sale at the end of last year. It was to be expected: the new Sony console had a number of advantages over its Xbox rivals, including momentum from the previous generation, brand loyalty in many markets and a stronger line-up of launch software (which is to say any new exclusive games at all).

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...tage-with-a-string-of-big-exclusives#comments

No doubt both consoles are going to do well, they are still both unavailable though, right?

No, both consoles are freely available on eBay for double RRP.
PS5 will be the better selling of the consoles though, as it has the better exclusive games + the biggest fanboy ownership I have ever known.

Although this generation, I do believe that the new subscription service Microsoft is pushing for is definitely a more appealing solution.
With every first party game being available on the service.

It will also be very interesting to see how many people jump ship to Xbox when Elder Scrolls 6 becomes an Xbox exclusive.

Last edited:
at the CES ( Consumer Electronics Show) sony pressented new TV models and stuff..

a trailer for upcoming Playstation 5 games was shown and reveal new dates:
  • Ratchet & Clank + Horizon: Forbidden West planned for 2021
  • Returnal as announced March 19th, 2021
  • Pragmata von Capcom moved to 2023 (was planned 2022)
  • Solar Ash planned June 2021
  • Kena planned March 2021
  • Little Devil Inside planned for July 2021
  • Stray und Ghostwire Tokyo planned for Okt., 2021
  • Project Athia von Square Enix supposed to release Jan., 2022
  • Hitman 3 in a couple of days
interresting, God of War Ragnarok or Gran Turismo 7 wasnt mentioned!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom