Sony PlayStation

Gran Turismo 7 wasn't mentioned!

giphy.gif

Today I decided to Ray-tracing for first time ... finally! That's why I bought a PS5 right ? So I hurried to download this "CONTROL" game from PS+, at the first opportunity ... I was very Excited, but as soon as I turned on the game, Excitement disappeared, after I realized that to play Ray-tracing works only on 30 fps, even at 1080p. So PS5 can't run PS4 game with RayTracing on 60 fps ? Is it than because the faking game is not made for PS5 and has bad optimisation ?Are we will see 4k 60 fps RayTracing games on PS5 ? I'm start to worry about next gen of PES on PS5 :D I must take down my high expectation about the game, at least graphicly .

Today I decided to Ray-tracing for first time ... finally! That's why I bought a PS5 right ? So I hurried to download this "CONTROL" game from PS+, at the first opportunity ... I was very Excited, but as soon as I turned on the game, Excitement disappeared, after I realized that to play Ray-tracing works only on 30 fps, even at 1080p. So PS5 can't run PS4 game with RayTracing on 60 fps ? Is it than because the faking game is not made for PS5 and has bad optimisation ?Are we will see 4k 60 fps RayTracing games on PS5 ? I'm start to worry about next gen of PES on PS5 :D I must take down my high expectation about the game, at least graphicly .

I think Control is a demanding game. Control in 4K60 w/RT in PC you need something like a RTX 2080TI, so you won't see that power in a PS5/XSX. I would think it might be able to do it with 1080p, so maybe its just the optimization of this game.... Future games might be better optimized to take advantage of RT (some sort of ray tracing... probably not the most demanding) at close 4K/60fps, however I think that might be pushing the hardware limits of these new consoles.

The problem is that the PS5 just isn't as powerful as people think.
Every time I read stuff about it, I get more disappointed with the performance.
However I didn't buy the PS5 for the performance, I bought it for the game exclusives it will eventually receive.

Ray Tracing is very demanding, we have seen that in the past few years on PC.
When it was first introduced it was hitting PC's as much as halving performance in some games, obviously driver optimisation and game optimisation fixed some of the issues but games still took a massive hit.
The other issue is this is AMD's first attempt at producing a Ray Tracing GPU, and so far it performs better than expected, just not as good as Nvidia.
When Epic stated that the PS5 ran very similar to a 2060, then at that point I kind of thought the PS5 would be 30FPS with Ray Tracing enabled and 60FPS being achieved without.
However it seems the actual reality is now becoming clearer, with many PS5 games running at a dynamic resolution with many action scenes being reduced to 1440 or 1600.

Games may well be optimised better in the future, but I believe 30FPS locked with Ray Tracing is here to stay - With some less action games being able to achieve 60FPS with Ray Tracing.

The main thing is, that although graphics feel like they have only slightly improved from the PS4 Pro - Machine performance has been massively improved.
The UI is better, games actually load in an acceptable time frame, on that basis alone the PS5 is such a massive/worthwhile upgrade over the PS4 Pro.

Last edited:

Digital Foundry have just posted a video about Control.
Both consoles in graphics mode run exactly the same settings which is 1440p RT enabled and locked to 30FPS.
Photo Mode allows the FPS to be unlocked, and the XSX gets an average of 16% higher performance than the PS5 and some areas as much as 30%+.
They stated that the performance is similar to a 2070 Super on PC - Although this can't be used as a comparison as the RT on PC is double the resolution, so obviously would have a higher performance hit.

Last edited:
impressive!

Announcing MetaHuman Creator: Fast, High-Fidelity Digital Humans in Unreal Engine
Today we revealed a first look at MetaHuman Creator, a new browser-based app that empowers game developers and creators of real-time 3D content to slash the time it takes to build digital humans from weeks or months to less than an hour, while maintaining the highest level of quality. MetaHuman Creator runs in the cloud via Unreal Engine Pixel Streaming. In addition to speeding up the complex process of digital human creation, it also enables teams of all shapes and sizes to more easily scale and make many types of characters to meet the demands of next-gen platforms and high-end virtual production.
https://www.epicgames.com/site/en-U...high-fidelity-digital-humans-in-unreal-engine

those fog effects just make the game look bland and grey. PS5 version looks a lot more colourful as a result. No doubt they will patch it in anyway at some point.

Exactly the same as with the dirt 5 release. Needed to be patched for the xbox but obviously fanboys of sony said their console was perfect and xbox trash. Now with division 2 same thing happened and xbox fanboys are now saying the same thing. Thing is its just dev need to fix those bugs before releasing. Im sure next month ps5 will get patched and play almost identical to xbox.

those fog effects just make the game look bland and grey. PS5 version looks a lot more colourful as a result. No doubt they will patch it in anyway at some point.

They will definitely fix it, I am surprised it even got released in that state in the first place though.
Even if they don't fix - 60FPS is always better than 30.

Last edited:
https://dbrand.com/shop/special-edition/ps5

"With the release of Darkplates, the unthinkable has happened: we've taken Sony's monumental achievement in bad design… and fixed it."

Don't know why Sony isn't selling plates. That black matte has always looked nice and with the size of the ps5, might make it look less flashy in a living room.
Let's see if if Sony's lawyers get back to them

I highly doubt controller drift in the Dualsense is a big issue. This is the first I have heard of it, and most controller types have had this happen to them in some capacity but then you send the bloody thing in for a repair. Only Nintendo seems to have got into hot water because of this and that was before they finally admitted it was a thing and started repairing it without being dongs about it. So what if it is a hassle to get repairs, it's still low in the PS5 problems count - Weird and non-user friendly AI, external HDD issues, internal SSD being barely enough for a couple of games, extra SSD slot unusable until God knows when, the console itself being almost completely unavailable for months, the list goes on. I'm calling this as barely an issue, just another USA lawsuit about something because it's kind of their thing.

edit: I will probably have controller drift out of the box since I wrote this, lol. But I won't have to worry about that for at least a year at this rate.

Exactly the same as with the dirt 5 release. Needed to be patched for the xbox but obviously fanboys of sony said their console was perfect and xbox trash. Now with division 2 same thing happened and xbox fanboys are now saying the same thing. Thing is its just dev need to fix those bugs before releasing. Im sure next month ps5 will get patched and play almost identical to xbox.
Patch 1.31:

Back
Top Bottom