Souness SACKED at Newcastle

embraceuk1 said:
I feel very sorry for Souness.
The next manager will come in until the end of the seasson it wont matter if he loses and wins a few but then next season he will have a lot of players back from injury that souness didnt have available and he will be seen as a genius, even tho souness could do the same job.
Souness was building a squad he never got a chance to use properly.
He was about to get the sack from Blackburn when they took him.

He's had 18 months+ to get his team sorted.

He's spent over FIFTY MILLION NOTES!

Injuries or no injuries, he should have done a hell of a lot better than he did. Other teams have injuries as well but not the luxury of spending that kind of money. The only two missing from last night were Dyer and Owen, other than that he had a full squad to choose from and they got pumped!

The guy is a shit manager, I couldn't believe they took him in the first place.

I was just getting sick of his stupid excuses and telling people to judge him when he has full squad.

He was as bad as Ruud Gullit.

I agree its about time he got sacked! The man was leeching on but enough was enough for the chairman. & tbh the man has always been and will always be a sh!t manager.

ClassicD said:
He was about to get the sack from Blackburn when they took him.

He's had 18 months+ to get his team sorted.

He's spent over FIFTY MILLION NOTES!

Injuries or no injuries, he should have done a hell of a lot better than he did. Other teams have injuries as well but not the luxury of spending that kind of money. The only two missing from last night were Dyer and Owen, other than that he had a full squad to choose from and they got pumped!

The guy is a shit manager, I couldn't believe they took him in the first place.

The fact he was an ex Rangers player and dominated Celtic as a manager had nothing to do with your opinion LOL.

Location: Indiana USA (Scottish)....presumably a Rangers fan, if i was as suspicious as you i could say that you are as biased as Classic...

I've been on this site for a few years and i know Classic D as a very reasonable person and i'm quite sure that his opinion on Souness (which i share) has nothing to do with the fact that he is a Celtic fan...

I agree with him about Souness...but then again i quite like Celtic....maybe i'm biased too...although to be honest when reading this thread and expressing my opinion i never thought about the fact that Souness has been manager at Rangers never crossed my mind...to be honest i completely forgot it...

embraceuk1 said:
The fact he was an ex Rangers player and dominated Celtic as a manager had nothing to do with your opinion LOL.

Of course I don't like Souness, that figures. Does that make the points I made any less valid, given they're all true and and don't refer to Celtic in any way? I don't think so.

Turned a championship-winning team at Liverpool into their worst league position in 30 years.
Failed in Turkey with Galatasary.
Was at Southampton for all of 15 minutes, did nothing.
Did even less in 5 minutes at Torino.
Failed in Portugal with Benfica.
Spent over £50m at Newcastle and look where they are.

His success at Rangers came when Celtic were going to the wall (in serious danger of going bankrupt), Celtic weren't even finishing second in the table during those years, hardly a challenge. He took Blackburn to the Premiership and won them the league cup, that he did do. However once again he proved he couldn't cut it in the top-flight and was on the verge of being sacked by Blackburn when Newcastle came along. He'd found his level in the second-tier of English football, he can't hack the top division.

The guy has an abysmal track record, and I'd bet has spent more than most of the teams above Newcastle in the EPL at the moment. He's done nothing but blame injuries for poor form since he's been there.

True, I don't like Souness, but that doesn't mean you should just dismiss my thoughts on him. Especially when they're backed up with facts. ;)

Cheers Gerd. ;)

loved Souness as a player....but he is the absolute shiteness as a manager - especially in the top flight. I was properly cacking my pants when we were getting re-linked to him prior to Benitez' arrival(!).

Was kinda mystified when Newcastle appointed him. The fact remains; the guy had millions (over 30 million right?) to play around with and returned nothing. If that is not a sign of a bad manager, I don't know what is....

To be fair to Souness (who is a failure) there must be something other wrong with Newcastle...he isn't the first failure as manager in Newcastle...

they are big, they were in the CL and were a top 3 side under Keegan. Well, a club on the UP, a couple of years ago, and they have the finances to compete.

Back
Top Bottom