South American Futebol Thread

Professor Nutmeg

ML Fanatic
3 July 2002
Master League
Let's talk Futebol in here :D
Perhaps some of our South American board members can post stuff in here.

So then...
did anyone catch Sao Paulo (Brasil) vs Deportiva de Quito (Ecuador) in the Copa Libertadores de América? Sao Paulo won 1-0, a great chip goal by Luis Fabiano. 8) Apparently he's under contract there until 2008 or something, but i imagine he'll be wanted over in Europe soon.

Corinthians :D

Ok, not such a great season last time out, but still the greats :)

Santos (Brasil) 1-0 Barcelona (Ecuador)
68' Robinho (Santos)

Sao Caetano (Brasil) 1-2 América (Mexico)
69' Pavel Pardo (América)
75' Marcinho (Sao Caetano)
85' Reinaldo Navia (América)

Deportes Tolima (Colombia) 2-3 River Plate (Argentina)
50' Daniel Montenegro (River Plate)
64' Ricardo Ciciliano (Deportes Tolima)
78' Justiniano Peña (Deportes Tolima)
88' Fernando Cavenaghi (River Plate)
91' Fernando Cavenaghi (River Plate)

Cienciano (Peru) 1-2 Nacional (Uruguay)
21' Sebastián Eguren (Nacional)
44' Fabián Coelho (Nacional)
48' Sergio Ibarra (Cienciano)

Bad week for Cienciano, after they win the South American cup
The favourite: Boca Juniors.

The figures up to now:
Reinaldo Navia (America / Mexico) *Chilean
Jared Borgetti (Santos Laguna / Mexico)
Luiz Fabiano (Sao Paulo / Brasil)
Fernando Cavenaghi (River Plate / Argentina)
Franklin Salas (LDU Quito / Ecuador)
Alex (Cruzeiro / Brasil)
Jefferson Farfán (Alianza Lima / Peru)
Diego (Santos / Brazil)
Guillermo Barros Schelotto (Boca Juniors / Argentina)
Luis Alberto Bonnet (Sporting Cristal / Perú) *Argentinian

Good to see these South American PES players.
Hey Glavisted, do you know which club Peruvian striker, Roberto Silva plays for? Does he still play for San Luis (Mexico)?
Also what are your thoughts on Luis Fabiano? Do you think he'll make a move to europe before his contract is up at Sao Paulo? Great goal he scored the other day.

Luis Fabiano is a top player in Brasil and as you saw in that oportunity, he's an excellent finisher. I highly doubt that São Paulo will manage to hold him until... 2008 :shock: No way!

He's also a polemic player, he is often involved in fights/arguments... He's got a great future ahead if he manages to control his lack of discipline and sign in an anger management program :mrgreen:

As Ronaldo is injured right now and Adriano is struggling recently in Inter, most likely we will have a chance to see Luis Fabiano as staring lineup against Paraguay ;)

Anyone know why Ailton has never played for Brazil. The chubby bugger seems to score every time I see a Bremen game. Absolutely clinical when there is an opening. And he is creative as well. How come the national team hasnt called him. . . ever??

Professor Nutmeg said:
...Hey Glavisted, do you know which club Peruvian striker, Roberto Silva plays for? Does he still play for San Luis (Mexico)?....Also what are your thoughts on Luis Fabiano? Do you think he'll make a move to europe before his contract is up at Sao Paulo? Great goal he scored the other day.
Roberto Silva plays in Alianza Lima. He plays the Libertadores Cup with the peruvian team, he played some months in Werder Bremen as a substitute of Claudio Pizarro.
I believe Luiz Fabiano of Sao Paulo will moved to Europe soon, before the finish of his contract, is a figure in the Brasileirao and a pair of italian and spanish clubs are interested in the player, Perugia is the club with he probably had contacts.

He isn't a Brazilian anymore. He was frustrated he wanted to play for a national side, so he changed to German. Voller though, declared that he would field Ailton when pigs would fly (well not in so many words).. So now.. Ailton is an official citizen of Qatar :D. He hopes to shoot them to the w.c.

ghazi said:
Anyone know why Ailton has never played for Brazil. The chubby bugger seems to score every time I see a Bremen game. Absolutely clinical when there is an opening. And he is creative as well. How come the national team hasnt called him. . . ever??
Never the brazilian coach kept in mind simply.
Therefore that Aílton has opted bor being nationalized qatari, Brazil had always too many options for the attack.

Glavisted said:
ghazi said:
Therefore that Aílton has opted bor being nationalized qatari, Brazil had always too many options for the attack.

yes, brazilian players that play in germany,england never get too much of attention of brazilian coaches, dunno know why... see, i'd love to see Edu from arsenal playin for brazil, but i dont think that will ever happen.

most of the brazilian players are in italy,spain,portugal,france and brazil of course.

Fred_Gavioes said:
Glavisted said:
ghazi said:

yes, brazilian players that play in germany,england never get too much of attention of brazilian coaches, dunno know why... see, i'd love to see Edu from arsenal playin for brazil, but i dont think that will ever happen.

most of the brazilian players are in italy,spain,portugal,france and brazil of course.
Examples:
Giovane Elber, when he was a figure in Bayern Munchen
Mario Jardel, in the Portuguese League he was top scorer of the world, twice i believes
Edu of Arsenal.....

Guaraní (Paraguay) 3-1 Jorge Wilstermann (Bolivia)
6' Kenji Fukuda (Guaraní)
10' Thiago Leitao (Jorge Wilstermann)
55' Osvaldo Díaz (Guaraní)
65' Osvaldo Díaz (Guaraní)

River Plate (Argentina) 1-0 Deportes Tolima (Colombia)
38' Luis González (River Plate)

UA Maracaibo (Venezuela) 1-1 Fénix (Uruguay)
22' Enrique Colliard (UA Maracaibo)
49' Marcelo Broli (Fénix)

Bolívar (Bolivia) 2-0 Colo Colo (Chile)
4' Rodrigo Suárez (Bolívar)
47' José Alfredo Castillo (Bolívar)

anyone know if diego or robinho are lined up for any european sides in the summer

starring roles in my cm 03/04 side

also tevez from boca and cavenaghi from river

2 more with great futures

Probably:
Diego (Tottenham Hotspur or Deportivo La Coruña)
Robinho (he doesn't have many offers yet)
Carlos Tévez (Interesed Inter de Milan or Bayern Munchen, also Manchester United recently)
Fernando Cavenaghi (Juventus, Parma or Ternana).

Robinho is still too weak physically, but a natural with the ball, he dribbles very well... unfortuneatly he's known to be kind of a troublemaker.

Milanista said:
Diego announced he wants milan as its his dream to play for them. He also just recieved his italian passport :)
The matter is that the Milan doesn't have interest for him. :l , Milan looking for a striker.

Here I said Diego (18 millions of dollars) and Robinho (20 millions of dollars), but the price for Robinho has descended in this moment to 15 millions aproximately.

Here I listened Diego (18 millions of dollars) and Robinho (20 millions of dollars), but the price for Robinho has descended in this moment to 15 millions aproximately.

diego is better than robinho... now.. maybe if robinho gets strong like ronaldinho is, he would very good.

but now, he is too young, i prefer tevez from boca, instead of him

Tévez costs: 22 millions of dollars.
Tévez is the most important player in South American playing in South America now.
Too Diego, Robinho, Alex, Cavenaghi...

Back
Top Bottom