Southampton Thread

JimJoeC said:
Nickybaker said:
It was on it's way in so I think that it's best for both players if Dodds gets it.

Yep, as Strachan said, not eve scrooge wouldn't give it to him!!

And as for Redknapps comments!!! Pi** funny!

Is that about Harry the grinch stealing his players christmas. I love the quote, "My missus christmas isn't even worth bothering about"

JimJoeC said:
There you go, no other Saints on here tho. :(

I have seen a couple. I will be in there though every now and again. I like Southampton really, my dear old Grandad was a season ticket holder at the Dell for years. Tried to convert me before he passed away but I was already a confirmed Gooner!!

Cheeky..!!

Hey, I am actually very proud of our team, not just because of our current league position but by the way we have improved over the past few years. No, we will never be in the mix with the big boys like Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea etc etc. However we are improving from a competative point of view, and that is far far better that fighting for our lives like the days of old.

ReActor said:
Cheeky..!!

Hey, I am actually very proud of our team, not just because of our current league position but by the way we have improved over the past few years. No, we will never be in the mix with the big boys like Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea etc etc. However we are improving from a competative point of view, and that is far far better that fighting for our lives like the days of old.

I love GS though mate, he makes me piss my pants when he gives reporters a hard time.

Nickybaker said:
I love GS though mate, he makes me piss my pants when he gives reporters a hard time.

Yeah absolutely...he is the man. He has been immense for us, he knows exactly what to say and when to say it. He is also very honest and I think that sits well with the fans of SFC aswell as the rest of the league.

Heard rumours that Fernandes is unsettled coz he isn't getting first team footy.

Quite why he isn't i'm not sure especially when GS keeps playing Telfer, who, IMO isn't good enough for the prem and probably wouldn't get in most first div teams.

I actually think Telfer is a decent player. He adds a bit of stability to the right hand side. He also gets forward way more than Dodd. Fernandes is good on his day, my problem is he can't do the simple things. He has to try and beat everyone, then turn around and run back the other way, then turn around again and try and beat them all. I kow thats a slight exageration but you get my point. :)

I know what you mean but look at Pahars, he'd be in the team EVERY time for me and he does that a lot.

Telfer made two decent passes against the skate and gave the ball away more often than not.

How do you reckon we'll get on this next week?

True about Pahars. I wasn't saying Fernades was a bad player. I just think its good to mix it up occasionally - and Telfer can play that part well. Although as you say, he wasn't too good Sunday.

As far as the next 2 games...I think it will be tough.

Fulham away will not be easy at all, however I do feel we can get a result anywhere these days. With the confidence up I think we can win, although it may only be by one goal.

Arsenal home - always gonna be tough. Plus you never really know what Arsenal you gonna get these days, they are a bit hit and miss. If we get the uber attacking Arsenal of a couple of seasons ago we may be in trouble. A draw would be good against them.

If we pick up 4 points out of the 6 available I will be happy.

Butatista said:
Pahars is class and Telfer is a first divison player, that says it all really.

:roll: Who woke you up?? ;)

Hopefully Pahars will be fit now for the rest of the season and Euro 2004 can't wait to see him terrorising defences!!

I think 4 points is a little ambitious ReActor I'd settle for 2 - 3 tbh.

Why are giving Telfer such a hard time, is it because he's Scottish. ;)

Excellent FD. :mrgreen:

Jeez, surely he's an Internationalist? If not, then he must be even shittier than shit. :shock:

FD

p.s. I have really heard of him though, think he used to play for Coventry, believe he was shit there too.........rumour has it.

He was, and still is!

Apparently Gordo is happy with the players we have at the club and will not be buying in the window.

If we could get a midfielder to score 10+ goals a season we could easily finish top six. Our defence is as good as anyones. And now that Pahars is coming back to full fitness him and beattie could start up a prolific partnership.

Welcome Beatts good to have another Saint on board!!

Where in Southampton are you from??

Back
Top Bottom